ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Nov 10 - Tournament Game)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Nov 10 - Tournament Game) 

Post#81 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:43 pm

Josh ,so far, has been really dissapointing this season...like I said before,he 's a good rotational player,bit he can't be your starting SF next to Luka and Kai cause he lacks size...With Hardaway,Hardy,Curry,Exum and Green Mavs have a lot of guards,someone will be traded for size,a wing or C...Hardy and Green seem like obvious candidates,with Holmes and Hardaway probably
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#82 » by daoneandonly » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:43 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:
You still don't get it. Green can be a trade asset. You don't resign him and you basically lose the only thing other teams want besides Hardy. Why you think Suns were forced to extend Ayton? They could have just let him walk to Pacers even though they knew he didn't want to be in PHX anymore. At least they got something back...

Same thing with Green, they don't give him a conctract and he walks for nothing. Teams have shown their interest in him and now if it doesn't work out Mavs can at least get something back.

Unless the rules changed, its you that doesn't get it. If we didn't extend him, we could trade him today, tomorrow, he'll before yesterday's tip off. Now we can't.

Yea, I'm sure once he is trade eligible teams will be lining up to pay Below Average Josh 14 mil a year

Yup, and a 22 yo athletic 3&D guy signed to a team friendly long term contract has more value than the same 22 yo athletic 3&D wing on a rookie contract who can walk for free within 18 months.

Aaron Nesmith signed a team friendly deal. Cole Anthony well with the last year not guaranteed. Josh signed the highest deal he could and reverted to crap
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,170

Post#83 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:45 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
They will trade him, but it's very unlikely we would get player like Ayton or Capela in return. If I remember right both Suns and Hawks wanted to include Josh in the trade package. Mavs with Ayton would be only one big wing defender away from being a contender. With DJJ and Exum Mavs have no need for Josh.

I'm not even sure if Mavs would want Capela at this point. But if they do trade someone, it will likely be Maxi and Green in some kind of a package for another wing. Holmes could also be included in any deal.

I admit that Lively is far better than I expected from him, but Mavs need another C desperately. Lively playing 20 minutes as backup or having another useful C as his backup would make wonders for Mavs record. Lively/Powell pairing is still 1 of the worst in Nba.

Mavs are 27th in DREB % and 28th in opponents points in the paint. They're saved by offense.

I mean, anything lively did was gonna be better than what you expected. You said some pretty out of pocket **** about him this summer.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#84 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:46 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:Josh ,so far, has been really dissapointing this season...like I said before,he 's a good rotational player,bit he can't be your starting SF next to Luka and Kai cause he lacks size...With Hardaway,Hardy,Curry,Exum and Green Mavs have a lot of guards,someone will be traded for size,a wing or C...Hardy and Green seem like obvious candidates,with Holmes and Hardaway probably

If Exum can play the Bruce Brown role then green should be traded in the offseason to bring in more size. Dallas’s 2nd unit is just to small and if Lively is out the 1st unit is not better.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#85 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:50 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
You still don't get it. Green can be a trade asset. You don't resign him and you basically lose the only thing other teams want besides Hardy. Why you think Suns were forced to extend Ayton? They could have just let him walk to Pacers even though they knew he didn't want to be in PHX anymore. At least they got something back...

Same thing with Green, they don't give him a conctract and he walks for nothing. Teams have shown their interest in him and now if it doesn't work out Mavs can at least get something back.

We can also chill a bit. Grant was way worse than Josh in the last 2 games, and besides it’s 9 games into the season nothing is set in stone. He looks worse than he is right now because Green is the one guy that Dallas asks to do a little bit of everything and he’s overthinking.

If Dallas wants him to look good then they need to define his role just like they have done for everyone else. But we all know Kidd. Kidd might be thinking idc we’re winning.

https://stathead.com/tiny/Z3idj

The difference is huge. Grant with incredible 72 TS%. Josh is having disastrous season not only in comparison to Grant but in comparison to his last year too. Everyone expected another jump but he's worse in everything. And it doesn't look like small sample size, more or less everyone with playing time has much bigger "balls" than him, difficult to improve with attitude like that.

And if you look only at last 2 games. Josh was -36 and Grant -1.

Disastrous is a strong word. He is still involved in Dallas’s top line ups.

On off numbers at that small of a sample size mean nothing.

If dallas wants him to be better then they have to give him a defined role.

And yeah Grant has been better this season that’s not what I said. Grant has really struggled the last 2 games.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#86 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:09 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Awesome game, wonderful to see how they were amped up.

Also, finally nice to see people seeing what I was saying about Green all along. Wish we didn't extend him as we're stuck with him for a while now. Bum git his guarantee and now back to rookie Josh

Unless the rules changed, its you that doesn't get it. If we didn't extend him, we could trade him today, tomorrow, he'll before yesterday's tip off. Now we can't.

Yea, I'm sure once he is trade eligible teams will be lining up to pay Below Average Josh 14 mil a year

I understand that old people are really bad at understanding how prices and money changes over time. But Josh at 14 million is roughly equivalent to what Dallas was paying Deshawn Stevenson back in 2011. 14 mil is easy to trade for more size in the offseason if Dallas wants.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#87 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:20 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:

I understand that old people are really bad at understanding how prices and money changes over time. But Josh at 14 million is roughly equivalent to what Dallas was paying Deshawn Stevenson back in 2011. 14 mil is easy to trade for more size in the offseason if Dallas wants.

Yes you can trade him,but can he get you anything valuable in return....if no other team thinks he has value,you'll Just swap him for not a usefull Player.. that's why it's important he starts playing better,so his value goes up and they can maybe use him in a trade for someone like OG(that type of Player, who's gonna full their needs)
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,618

Post#88 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:30 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
I'm not even sure if Mavs would want Capela at this point. But if they do trade someone, it will likely be Maxi and Green in some kind of a package for another wing. Holmes could also be included in any deal.

I admit that Lively is far better than I expected from him, but Mavs need another C desperately. Lively playing 20 minutes as backup or having another useful C as his backup would make wonders for Mavs record. Lively/Powell pairing is still 1 of the worst in Nba.

Mavs are 27th in DREB % and 28th in opponents points in the paint. They're saved by offense.

I mean, anything lively did was gonna be better than what you expected. You said some pretty out of pocket **** about him this summer.

He's better than I expected, but Mavs has still exactly the same problems like last year, which is at the moment not that visible because of incredible shooting for 3.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#89 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:32 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Yes you can trade him,but can he get you anything valuable in return....if no other team thinks he has value,you'll Just swap him for not a usefull Player.. that's why it's important he starts playing better,so his value goes up and they can maybe use him in a trade for someone like OG(that type of Player, who's gonna full their needs)

Which is why Dallas needs to run some sets for him.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#90 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:35 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

He's better than I expected, but Mavs has still exactly the same problems like last year, which is at the moment not that visible because of incredible shooting for 3.

Dallas is shooting essentially the exact same as they did last season from 3. The changes they’ve made are working.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#91 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:37 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Dallas is shooting essentially the exact same as they did last season from 3. The changes they’ve made are working.

The defense still sucks...they scored 144 against Clippers but also conceded 126...they were shooting extremely well,like against the Suns in the WCSF...when they shoot like that they'll win,but you can't shoot like that every game
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#92 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:39 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:

We can also chill a bit. Grant was way worse than Josh in the last 2 games, and besides it’s 9 games into the season nothing is set in stone. He looks worse than he is right now because Green is the one guy that Dallas asks to do a little bit of everything and he’s overthinking.

If Dallas wants him to look good then they need to define his role just like they have done for everyone else. But we all know Kidd. Kidd might be thinking idc we’re winning.

The difference is huge. Grant with incredible 72 TS%. Josh is having disastrous season not only in comparison to Grant but in comparison to his last year too. Everyone expected another jump but he's worse in everything. And it doesn't look like small sample size, more or less everyone with playing time has much bigger "balls" than him, difficult to improve with attitude like that.

It's clear without the stats too, bad comparison of the year :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob8
General Manager

Post#93 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

And yeah Grant has been better this season that’s not what I said. Grant has really struggled the last 2 games.

And what is he providing in those lineups? Only Powell and THJ have worse Defrtg. And we all know how useless is he in offensive side.

You said that Grant was worse than Josh in last 2 games, which is of course not true.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#94 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:42 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

The defense still sucks...they scored 144 against Clippers but also conceded 126...they were shooting extremely well,like against the Suns in the WCSF...when they shoot like that they'll win,but you can't shoot like that every game

You can’t tell me the defense is the same as last year when the line up of Luka, Kyrie, Exum, DJJ, and Lively held the clippers starters to 2 points for 7 minutes.

They still need to improve. But it’s more in size and less in defense in my opinion.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#95 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:43 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Mavs are the best in Nba in 3 shots made and 3pts % and 24th in Defrtg, 27th in DRBD% and 28th in opponents points in the paint. They were averaging 2 3pts less with 37% last year. Now they're shooting over 40%. And they have fantastic 121.3 OFFRTG. Last year 115.9.

So yes, they're winning with offense. D is statistically even worse than last year.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#96 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

And what is he providing in those lineups? Only Powell and THJ have worse Defrtg. And we all know how useless is he in offensive side.

You said that Grant was worse than Josh in last 2 games, which is of course not true.

It is 100 percent true. Don’t get me wrong I love Grant and think he’s been great this season. But he was a human turnstile for Siakam which is the exact type of player he was brought in to deal with. And then barely even played against the clippers and when he did he wasn’t particularly good.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#97 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:49 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

It is 100 percent true. Don’t get me wrong I love Grant and think he’s been great this season. But he was a human turnstile for Siakam which is the exact type of player he was brought in to deal with. And then barely even played against the clippers and when he did he wasn’t particularly good.

And what did Josh in those 2 games, except being -36 in the court?
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#98 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:50 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Only a bad comparison if you can’t read. I said 2 games and then y’all want to compare the whole season. Lmao.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#99 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:56 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Only a bad comparison if you can’t read. I said 2 games and then y’all want to compare the whole season. Lmao.

Josh averaged 3 points, shooting 2/7 and was far the worst Mavs in +/- in both of those games, it's very difficult to beat that.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#100 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:05 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Which is why Dallas needs to run some sets for him.

What sets? The only thing he's solid at is corner 3.

Return to Dallas Mavericks