ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pelicans (Sund. 7PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,598

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pelicans (Sund. 7PMEST) 

Post#21 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:09 am

Exum blew a layup off a great pass by Livly.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:09 am

Omax time

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#23 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 am

OMax 1st FG should've been an And-1
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#24 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:17 am

Markieff, let the young guys shoot
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,516

Post#25 » by Maverick41 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:21 am

Young bench did everything they could to shrink the lead and mess up our defensive numbers lol.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,070

Post#26 » by Archx » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:25 am

Nuggets and Mavs at the top of the Western conference. GG
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#27 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:34 am

Seth has been aweful BTW...
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,060

Post#28 » by daoneandonly » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:48 am

Mavrelous wrote:Seth has been aweful BTW...

Yea what's happened to him. Fallen off acliff
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,128

Post#29 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:11 am

Ingram was hot tonight. But Dallas defense was good except for in garbage time. Same thing as on Friday.

Dallas is a really deep team
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#30 » by ejs78 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:21 am

BeiBeau wrote:Ingram was hot tonight. But Dallas defense was good except for in garbage time. Same thing as on Friday.

Dallas is a really deep team
Hate to be that guy, but still feels like they need fringe reinforcements unless they could really get a true 3rd option on a steal of a trade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#31 » by Maverick41 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:24 am

BeiBeau wrote:Dallas is a really deep team

I don't know about that. We're basically playing an 8 man rotation with some Exum and/or Hardy sprinkled in for 5-10 mins. Our bench has consistently gotten wrecked by opposing teams benches in garbage minutes so far this season. Small sample size but it kind of worries me once injuries start piling up later.

But hey good vibes. Let's keep it up. Amazing start to the season.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#32 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:51 am

Maverick41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Dallas is a really deep team

I don't know about that. We're basically playing an 8 man rotation with some Exum and/or Hardy sprinkled in for 5-10 mins. Our bench has consistently gotten wrecked by opposing teams benches in garbage minutes so far this season. Small sample size but it kind of worries me once injuries start piling up later.

But hey good vibes. Let's keep it up. Amazing start to the season.

Nobody should really give that much of a **** about garbage time when you’re up 20-30 points. The mindset set of both teams is so wildly different in those moments that it never really looks good for the winning team.

By depth what I’m saying is Dallas is pretty consistently playing 8 - 10 guys 10+ minutes which most teams are not. And Dallas’s bench line up of Kyrie, Green, Powell, THJ, Hardy/Exum has ignited a lot of the runs this season and has pretty consistently won their minutes.

Having a lot of players Dallas can go to is really important. They still need more size but Denver for example struggles to get a 7 man rotation.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#33 » by Maverick41 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:09 am

BeiBeau wrote:Nobody should really give that much of a **** about garbage time when you’re up 20-30 points. The mindset set of both teams is so wildly different in those moments that it never really looks good for the winning team.

By depth what I’m saying is Dallas is pretty consistently playing 8 - 10 guys 10+ minutes which most teams are not. And Dallas’s bench line up of Kyrie, Green, Powell, THJ, Hardy/Exum has ignited a lot of the runs this season and has pretty consistently won their minutes.

Having a lot of players Dallas can go to is really important. They still need more size but Denver for example struggles to get a 7 man rotation.

I agree we have a much deeper team than last year, I just don't think we're "really deep" like you mentioned initially. So far we've been relatively healthy to start the season. Let's see how our depth responds once we have more injuries to our top 8 guys.

But I will say I really like Exum's minutes. His stats don't look that great, but he's been quite good in moving the ball, pushing the pace and just overall being a pest.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#34 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:21 am

Maverick41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Nobody should really give that much of a **** about garbage time when you’re up 20-30 points. The mindset set of both teams is so wildly different in those moments that it never really looks good for the winning team.

I agree we have a much deeper team than last year, I just don't think we're "really deep" like you mentioned initially. So far we've been relatively healthy to start the season. Let's see how our depth responds once we have more injuries to our top 8 guys.

But I will say I really like Exum's minutes. His stats don't look that great, but he's been quite good in moving the ball, pushing the pace and just overall being a pest.

If Josh is gonna play good like we know he can and Exum is really going to revive his career like this then the bench is dangerous with Kyrie or Luka running the show. The problem before when it was Hardy, Kyrie, Green, Powell, and THJ is they could score but they couldn’t stop much. But Exum might give DJJ a run for his money as the best POA defender on the team though so it makes a big difference if he’s gonna play like this.

Dallas does still need size though. If Maxi gets healthy and Dallas will let him go back to his forward role instead of playing the 5 that could help but I think we all have questions if the injuries have finally caught up to him. If OMax could get consistent minutes come February like Hardy did last year that could also help. Or a trade.

Right now I think Curry + 2nds for Nick Richards is a no brainer. I know Nico is waiting and I understand that but mid season that is a move we should probably make.

The more balls to the wall trade would be Holmes + Prosper + Curry for John Collins. He’s big, good rebounder, serviceable defender both inside and outside, elite role man, and can shoot. But Dallas is stuck with him if they do make that deal.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#35 » by Michaellam1987 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:23 am

Maverick41 wrote:

Pelican is shorted handed, without CJ (who always perform well against DAL); Herb Jones (obvious defensive team candidate); Trey Murphy III (Talent young and big wing); Alvarado (another good defender). Luka/Kryie is playing great, but it is also partly because they are facing a rookie and a 2nd year player that rarely play in the 1st year, in the backcourt position.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#36 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:30 am

If Luka and Kyrie are hot those Pels are no match for us, too many absences in the backcourt.

It was a garbage game from second quarter and everybody play well like a scrimmage.

Btw a W is a W. Take it and run.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#37 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:08 am

There are no healthy teams, Mavs last year had to endure missing DFS/Green/Maxi for a whole month, and it was shallower team than this one.
The team still lacks size, but they are playing great, Mavs blew out the Pelicans last year with CJM/Herb Jones on the team and lost to short handed Pelicans.
The vibes are great, offesne is humming, I was afraid at this pace and sharing the ball with all 5 that TOs will be too much, they are able to maintain it, worst TOs actually came in TOR/CHI/DEN games in half court sets, not due to transition.
Seize every win you can get, there will be injuries and bad stretches, pack as much gun powder as you can for these days, last year, Mavs lost 7-8 easily winnable games in Oct-December when they were healthy and missed the PO because of it.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,531

Post#38 » by Dirk » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:07 pm

Mavs legends showing their superior IQ: switching a 2 for a 3.

Kyrie playing with his food

Powell, being Powell

Luka moving his ass without the ball

Luka JV

Luka no look crosscourt
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#39 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:52 pm

Dirk wrote:Mavs legends showing their superior IQ: switching a 2 for a 3.

I managed to utter multiple curses in 3 different languanges between and layup miss and 3 hit...
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,531

Post#40 » by Dirk » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Dirk wrote:Mavs legends showing their superior IQ: switching a 2 for a 3.

I managed to utter multiple curses in 3 different languanges between and layup miss and 3 hit...

The only footage I can find of THJr finishing a layup in traffic dates back to his high school days. So my mind was already expecting the miss.
60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks