ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., Dec 2)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,858

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., Dec 2) 

Post#61 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 9:15 am

Btw it's pretty useless talk about players until we have a stupid clown on the bench.

The laser with the revenge game, as usual a decent coach can put him in the right spot.

Luka is one of the greatest player i've never seen and we already wasted 5 years. That's pathetic.

Our only hope is the new owners but 12 years of s**t management are hard to fix.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#62 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:48 am

Kidd needs to go...he's not the right coach for this team...the D is terrible and the O is reliant on Luka's and Kyrie's magic,there are no set plays
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 857

Post#63 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:57 am

I've said this before and will say it again, I think Lawson makes Green somewhat expendable.
Lawson has a similar game and is someone who has a higher upside imo.
Dennis is someone we could develop as well.

It's different now because of Green's contract, but we really need to find some way to package Green/Hardy/Pick for a starting SF or PF with some size and length who can play D.

I'm fine with Williams or Jones as a 5th starter, but we need to vastly upgrade the #4 starter.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the Mavs are trying to get DFS back.
I personally don't think he alone is the solution to take us to a championship level, but our options are limited, and he might be the best option for now.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#64 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:02 am

BliscoSantos wrote:Kidd needs to go...he's not the right coach for this team...the D is terrible and the O is reliant on Luka's and Kyrie's magic,there are no set plays

It's funny because there were 3 defensive only players on the floor when we made the big run.
Curry was magnificent, but Kyrie is obviously a much better player and if we put some good defenders around Luka and Kyrie, good things can happen.

As it stands now, we'll most likely see closing lineups that consist of Luka/Kyrie/THJ most of the time with either Jones or Williams with Lively.
We need to find someone who is a great defender and good enough to put THJ on the bench in closing minutes.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#65 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:05 am

Teffer10 wrote:I've said this before and will say it again, I think Lawson makes Green somewhat expendable.

It's different now because of Green's contract, but we really need to find some way to package Green/Hardy/Pick for a starting SF or PF with some size and length who can play D.

I'm fine with Williams or Jones as a 5th starter, but we need to vastly upgrade the #4 starter.

I personally don't think he alone is the solution to take us to a championship level, but our options are limited, and he might be the best option for now.

Never be surprised about Mavs and ex-Players, Cubes always pays for loyalty and friendships over on court production. DFS outright sucked his last season with us and I don't believe he'll ever be a crucial element to a championship caliber team. He's all heart and hustle and a nice guy but neither great at 3 nor at D (he's alright at both) and can't create any offense on his own whatsoever. Also wouldn't really help our rebounding problem. So pray to all our gods that we don't waste our only assets on something mediocre like that.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#66 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:07 am

GermanFan120 wrote:30-0 fake run and still lost the game. Only we are capable of something like this. LOL

We went on a 30-0 run and then they went on a 15-3 run to close, but it was obvious the Mavs were completely gassed after that big run.
It's too bad the run didn't start about 2 minutes later than it did, or we would have the won.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#67 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:15 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:I've said this before and will say it again, I think Lawson makes Green somewhat expendable.

Never be surprised about Mavs and ex-Players, Cubes always pays for loyalty and friendships over on court production. DFS outright sucked his last season with us and I don't believe he'll ever be a crucial element to a championship caliber team. He's all heart and hustle and a nice guy but neither great at 3 nor at D (he's alright at both) and can't create any offense on his own whatsoever. Also wouldn't really help our rebounding problem. So pray to all our gods that we don't waste our only assets on something mediocre like that.

Yeah, I agree and even though he'd be an upgrade from Green, he wouldn't move the needle much on what we need.

We have 3 legit starters and a bunch of 6th men caliber players.
DFS would only be a possible upgrade to one of those 6th men caliber players, but he'd still be one of them.
I'd consider Green/Maxi for DFS simply because Green's value has dropped considerably and dumping that contract would be a benefit in itself. I doubt if Nets would do it though.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#68 » by Archx » Sun Dec 3, 2023 12:57 pm

Lively is becoming a monster, what a game. Luka telling him mid game what to do and then he does it. It's awesome to have 2 young talented players learning from eachother. OMax also had a great defensive game in the 4th but unfortunately his offense is non existent. Kinda reminds me of young DFS.

At this point i'm more concerned that THJ is missing games instead of Kyrie. Timmy is on a mission after all those trade talks.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 1:30 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

Yeah, I agree and even though he'd be an upgrade from Green, he wouldn't move the needle much on what we need.

DFS would only be a possible upgrade to one of those 6th men caliber players, but he'd still be one of them.
I'd consider Green/Maxi for DFS simply because Green's value has dropped considerably and dumping that contract would be a benefit in itself. I doubt if Nets would do it though.

I don't see him as an upgrade above Green either. Green outplayed him handily last season. Then again Green defends 1-3 and DFS should be defending ONLY 3s and 4s... however Kidd loved to play him at the 5 in order to watch him get manhandled a bit more for fun.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#70 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 1:38 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Never be surprised about Mavs and ex-Players, Cubes always pays for loyalty and friendships over on court production. DFS outright sucked his last season with us and I don't believe he'll ever be a crucial element to a championship caliber team. He's all heart and hustle and a nice guy but neither great at 3 nor at D (he's alright at both) and can't create any offense on his own whatsoever. Also wouldn't really help our rebounding problem. So pray to all our gods that we don't waste our only assets on something mediocre like that.

I don't see him as an upgrade above Green either. Green outplayed him handily last season. Then again Green defends 1-3 and DFS should be defending ONLY 3s and 4s... however Kidd loved to play him at the 5 in order to watch him get manhandled a bit more for fun.

I thought DFS tried to take on a role that wasn't fitting with the absence of Brunson.
If he stays within himself he would be OK to have back but even at his peak he doesn't put us in serious contention.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 1:49 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Yeah, I agree and even though he'd be an upgrade from Green, he wouldn't move the needle much on what we need.

I thought DFS tried to take on a role that wasn't fitting with the absence of Brunson.
If he stays within himself he would be OK to have back but even at his peak he doesn't put us in serious contention.

Yeah plenty of other players in the league that could actually add some value, DFS isn't one of them though. So I really hope we're not dumb enough to trade for him.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,170

Post#72 » by BeiBeau » Sun Dec 3, 2023 2:58 pm

Lively getting the ball in the high post and then taking one dribble to the rim and finishing needs to happen a lot more. He did it several times last night and has literally not done it all season. Teams barely guard it because they think heā€™s going to do a hand off.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,688

Post#73 » by Dirk » Sun Dec 3, 2023 3:11 pm

We needed Luka to have hit the 3 at 3:44 left to make the historic night result in a W.

Travelling call :noway:
60/21/10
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,170

Post#74 » by BeiBeau » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:56 pm

OMax can be an elite defensive role player but the offense just isnt there right now.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#75 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:06 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Kidd needs to go...he's not the right coach for this team...the D is terrible and the O is reliant on Luka's and Kyrie's magic,there are no set plays

It's funny because there were 3 defensive only players on the floor when we made the big run.
Curry was magnificent, but Kyrie is obviously a much better player and if we put some good defenders around Luka and Kyrie, good things can happen.

As it stands now, we'll most likely see closing lineups that consist of Luka/Kyrie/THJ most of the time with either Jones or Williams with Lively.
We need to find someone who is a great defender and good enough to put THJ on the bench in closing minutes.

Do the Mavs need better players?the answer is obviously yes,but that doesn't change the fact that this coaching team is out of the depth...Luka and Kyrie are magicians, they're gonna make the O going,but adjusting to the flow of the game,changing the rotations according to the opponent,adjusting the gameplan is something this coach is incapable of
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,159

Post#76 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:43 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:30-0 fake run and still lost the game. Only we are capable of something like this. LOL

The Sky isn't falling my friend... But i can't understand where is the problem, Cuban built that squad and coaching staff. So it's all good. Right?

Powell is your only friend. ļ¼ˆpathetic emojiļ¼‰
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:41 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

The Sky isn't falling my friend... But i can't understand where is the problem, Cuban built that squad and coaching staff. So it's all good. Right?

Don't be jealous, Powell is everyone's friend :nod:
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,159

Post#78 » by GermanFan120 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:18 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

No one is jealous about your life. Powell's bff.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:59 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

No one is jealous about your life. Powell's bff.

You know it's wrong but you are too rude for admit it... Christmas is coming, let the love touch your old class tough heart.
There is a world over Mark Cuban, open your eyes my little lovely friend :oops:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,685

Post#80 » by Mavrelous » Mon Dec 4, 2023 11:35 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks