ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Mond., Dec 11)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Mond., Dec 11) 

Post#121 » by Archx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:16 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Exum can not be so predictable. When he gets the open 3 he needs to take it. He keeps driving into traffic.

This is what i was talking about in the other thread. Mavs had basically 4v5 on offense because defender is doubling off of Exum on Luka and Exum doesn't take open 3s. Luckily OMax made some of them so far.

He doesn’t even have to hit them at an elite rate. Just shoot them.

Yea that's pissing me off the most, just shoot something will eventually go down. But he's playing insanely good on defense, makes up for it.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,541

Post#122 » by Maverick41 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:19 am

Wait we have another game tomorrow? And Luka playing 44-45 mins this game? Yeah I'm not liking our chances tomorrow at all.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,734

Post#123 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:20 am

I'd fire Kidd after this game, enough is enough...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM

Post#124 » by Archx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:21 am

Best thing, Mavs win this game... Worst thing, they play motivated Lakers tomorrow with half of the squad injured or tired and the game is also on TNT.
Dali
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#125 » by Dali » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:26 am

This was an effort by committee. Many players stepped up to get double digit points.

Hardy 19, Lively, 16, Exum 16, O-Max with 11 is a pleasant surprise and 3/6 from 3. Great to see.

Even Keif hit 2 big 3's. Well done Mavs. Luka played 44 minutes though, ouch.
Dali
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#126 » by Dali » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:27 am

And y'all are right, just shoot the damn ball Dante. I love you dude, but shoot the damn wide open shots.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#127 » by BeiBeau » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:28 am

Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
This is what i was talking about in the other thread. Mavs had basically 4v5 on offense because defender is doubling off of Exum on Luka and Exum doesn't take open 3s. Luckily OMax made some of them so far.

Yea that's pissing me off the most, just shoot something will eventually go down. But he's playing insanely good on defense, makes up for it.

He plays great defense, passes well, rebounds well, drives well, and his shot isn’t that bad. He just needs to catch and shoot some times. You can’t drive 90% of the time you touch the ball. It should be like 75% of the time.

Otherwise teams start guarding you like you’re Ben Simmons.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#128 » by Maverick41 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:32 am

Mavrelous wrote:I'd fire Kidd after this game, enough is enough...

Yeah I can't get over how dumb his rotations were today. How do you play Luka 44 mins against one of the worst teams in the NBA while almost the whole team including all of your ball handlers are actually playing well? Not to mention, knowing that you play again tomorrow. What's the plan against actual good teams? Play Luka for 48 mins?
Archx
RealGM

Post#129 » by Archx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:34 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

He plays great defense, passes well, rebounds well, drives well, and his shot isn’t that bad. He just needs to catch and shoot some times. You can’t drive 90% of the time you touch the ball. It should be like 75% of the time.

Otherwise teams start guarding you like you’re Ben Simmons.

Heh yeah, they're already doing that. Watch Lakers tomorrow, they'll completely back off so that they'll create a little 4 man zone in the paint area which would prevent Luka to drive. Unless Ham is not smart enough to copy that playstyle.
Exum just can't afford to get Westbrook treatment he'll eventually have to raise his %'s. League shifted to long range shooting and it's hard to survive as a guard without a proper shooting touch. He can obviously stay a servicable player but i think he has more potential than that. He really improved in EU.

Actually i'm not even sure Luka is playing vs Lakers. Brutal stretch of games coming up. Lakers, Minny, Nuggets, Clippers and even HOU could be a problem. And Kidd decided to play Luka like it's NBA finals.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#130 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:39 am

Maverick41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:I'd fire Kidd after this game, enough is enough...

Yeah I can't get over how dumb his rotations were today. How do you play Luka 44 mins against one of the worst teams in the NBA while almost the whole team including all of your ball handlers are actually playing well? Not to mention, knowing that you play again tomorrow. What's the plan against actual good teams? Play Luka for 48 mins?

With multple stretches of 15+ points lead for him t catch a breather, and while Luka on the floor Hardy has the ball and makes bad decision after bad decision.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#131 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:50 am

missed the game, what happened to DJJ? Is he okay?
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#132 » by BeiBeau » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:57 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:missed the game, what happened to DJJ? Is he okay?

Took a JJJ knee to the thigh in the 1st. They said he would’ve returned if it was an emergency
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#133 » by Mavrelous » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:57 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:missed the game, what happened to DJJ? Is he okay?

JJJ knee went into his thigh, Grizz were playing football.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#134 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:04 am

Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:Can't decide who is a bigger idiot. Kidd, Morris or Powell.

3 good defensive plays by Powell and Morris to close that quarter.

Yep. Powell locking down Tillman :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only admire someone who tries to defend Powell every time. Respect.

Btw he did it again! Fortunately Exum is fine...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:06 am

Good game by young guns but too many minutes on the court for Luka, Memphis is really bad right now.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#136 » by BeiBeau » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:38 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
3 good defensive plays by Powell and Morris to close that quarter.

1. I literally called Powell out for having a **** 1st quarter earlier in this thread.

2. We’re a dog **** defensive team. Every string of defensive stops matters. I’m sorry if y’all are not smart enough to admit when your least favorite player does anything helpful but that’s y’all’s problem.

3. Go back and watch that play again. Bane crashes into him full force from behind and it’s an uncalled foul. None of that is Powell’s fault. But you’ll blame him anyway because you’re and unintelligible hater.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:34 am

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:

1. I literally called Powell out for having a **** 1st quarter earlier in this thread.

2. We’re a dog **** defensive team. Every string of defensive stops matters. I’m sorry if y’all are not smart enough to admit when your least favorite player does anything helpful but that’s y’all’s problem.

3. Go back and watch that play again. Bane crashes into him full force from behind and it’s an uncalled foul. None of that is Powell’s fault. But you’ll blame him anyway because you’re and unintelligible hater.

Don't be angry my friend...Yes yes i know, you are the smartest here.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#138 » by Maverick41 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:11 am

Before this divulges into the usual Powell hate thread, let's give credit to our young guys.

Lively with a double double 16/16. He wasn't defending JJJ that well but the guy was playing really hard out there and wreaking havoc. This kid has a ton of potential. Even had a hookshot today that looked pretty dang good.

Omax with his best game so far. 11 pts, 3 threes and a menace on D. He legitimately looks huge out there. If he can somehow put together a decent jumpshot, he could be the big wing we crave for. Obviously a big ask since many big wings never get that coveted jumpshot but this game gives hope. Hit a big 3 to stop a big run by MEM in the 4th.

Hardy was great to start the game. Shot really well and made good passes. 2nd half not so much. He was out of control and made a lot of bad decisions. Pretty much the Hardy experience but his shot making and creation was very helpful in filling the THJ void. Might be his best game this season so far.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#139 » by BeiBeau » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:21 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Don't be angry my friend...Yes yes i know, you are the smartest here.

I would never say that, just smarter then the guy who’s smartest comment ever is “ :lol: :lol: :banghead: ” and has never made a counter argument. Just spams unreadable crap and then proceeds to proclaim he wins every argument. (I’ll let you in on a secret, if you have to claim to win your arguments, you didn’t)
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#140 » by BeiBeau » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:27 am

Maverick41 wrote:Before this divulges into the usual Powell hate thread, let's give credit to our young guys.

Lively with a double double 16/16. He wasn't defending JJJ that well but the guy was playing really hard out there and wreaking havoc. This kid has a ton of potential. Even had a hookshot today that looked pretty dang good.

Omax with his best game so far. 11 pts, 3 threes and a menace on D. He legitimately looks huge out there. If he can somehow put together a decent jumpshot, he could be the big wing we crave for. Obviously a big ask since many big wings never get that coveted jumpshot but this game gives hope. Hit a big 3 to stop a big run by MEM in the 4th.

Hardy was great to start the game. Shot really well and made good passes. 2nd half not so much. He was out of control and made a lot of bad decisions. Pretty much the Hardy experience but his shot making and creation was very helpful in filling the THJ void. Might be his best game this season so far.

Lively and JJJ may seem similar. But apart from the nebulous label of “rim protection” they are really not similar. Asking Lively to guard a fairly perimeter orientated JJJ was always going to set him up to fail.

OMax only has room to improve. The shot, defensive rotations, and bulk all could make big differences.

Hardy is not a point guard and we all need to understand that to properly evaluate that. But yeah if we could get some more games like the end of last season. That would be really helpful for pumping his trade value.

Return to Dallas Mavericks