ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Wolves (Frid., 8 PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,110

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Wolves (Frid., 8 PMEST) 

Post#61 » by Archx » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:51 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:We are 3-6 in last 9games, in those 3 Ws Luka posted 40+points triple doubles ( btw spurs and Portland are trash).

Is Kidd in a hot spot? If Cuban decides... probably not...

Until Kidd has a support of guys like Dirk, no chance he gets fired. The fact that Luka was recruiting Pablo Laso before the season and he even had talks with Mavs tells you just how unserious this FO really is when it comes to finding real talent.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,662

Post#62 » by Mavrelous » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:08 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:We are 3-6 in last 9games, in those 3 Ws Luka posted 40+points triple doubles ( btw spurs and Portland are trash).

Until Kidd has a support of guys like Dirk, no chance he gets fired. The fact that Luka was recruiting Pablo Laso before the season and he even had talks with Mavs tells you just how unserious this FO really is when it comes to finding real talent.

I don't see a replacement also, Nurse and Udoka are employed, coach Bud had some head scratching PO decisions.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,854

Post#63 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:28 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

I don't see a replacement also, Nurse and Udoka are employed, coach Bud had some head scratching PO decisions.

There are many good coaches in Europe...
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,110

Post#64 » by Archx » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:26 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

Raptors have a Serbian coach but for i'm not watching them so i don't know what's the problem there. Something is not clicking. But i think EU coach would be perfect for Mavs, so i don't think it has to be American coach or established NBA coach.

But problem is, like Rick told Obradovic years ago In the NBA, 80% of the coaching job is based on the relationship with the players, and 20% is basketball, details.

That's why Kidd still has a job even though championship coaches have been fired for less.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,077

Post#65 » by daoneandonly » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:33 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

Raptors have a Serbian coach but for i'm not watching them so i don't know what's the problem there. Something is not clicking. But i think EU coach would be perfect for Mavs, so i don't think it has to be American coach or established NBA coach.

But problem is, like Rick told Obradovic years ago In the NBA, 80% of the coaching job is based on the relationship with the players, and 20% is basketball, details.

That's why Kidd still has a job even though championship coaches have been fired for less.

I'd be perfectly fine with an experienced coach from Europe. Maybe it will piss off Never Available Ky and we can trade him for better fitting pieces
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#66 » by ejs78 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:59 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

The thing with the Raptors coach is that he had been an assistant in the league prior to getting his HC job. The last coach I believe we saw come over directly was Blatt and even with Lebron he was way over his head. Like you said all of this is about relationships with the players.

Personally I would like to see the next coach come from the G-League as guys like Nurse, Snyder, Finch, Jenkins, Daigneault have all been pretty successful and creative.

Return to Dallas Mavericks