ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Warriors (Sat., 8:30 PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,736

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Warriors (Sat., 8:30 PMEST) 

Post#61 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:17 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Oh we don't, *edit* .
Tone the personal attacks
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#62 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:21 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Oh we don't, *edit* .

There's no personal attack, just stating an obvious fact and I'm obviously not the only one here who is sick and tired of that individuals bizarre personal agenda that has little to do with constructive discourse about the Mavs, which is what you as a Mod of this board should be interested in.

BTW lol at censoring that. There wasn't a single insult in there. Feeling a bit insecure and trigger happy today?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#63 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:31 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Oh we don't, *edit* .

There's no personal attack, just stating an obvious fact and I'm obviously not the only one here who is sick and tired of that individuals bizarre personal agenda that has little to do with constructive discourse about the Mavs, which is what you as a Mod of this board should be interested in.

BTW lol at censoring that. There wasn't a single insult in there. Feeling a bit insecure and trigger happy today?

Calling people clowns is personal attack, you can ignore him, no point of this needless back and forth.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:06 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Tone the personal attacks

Calling people clowns is personal attack, you can ignore him, no point of this needless back and forth.

It's a compliment in this particular case. He's worked hard for it for many years, gotta show some respect and use the appropriate salutation.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#65 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:35 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:It's a compliment in this particular case. He's worked hard for it for many years, gotta show some respect and use the appropriate salutation.

You are here much longer than me, ask yourself whether you want to come to game thread full of bickering or cheering, commenting on games and discussing it.
If there is a poster whose line of posting is frustrating, just add him to your ignore list.
DanEu
Freshman
And1: 111

Post#66 » by DanEu » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:36 pm

I'm just here to rain on the parade.
A win is fine and good but getting completely annihilated on the boards night in night out will not get us anywhere... :banghead:
And I don't even think this is on Kidd. Mavs just get bullied pure and simple. We desperately need a forward with size and intensity.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#67 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 pm

DanEu wrote:I'm just here to rain on the parade.
A win is fine and good but getting completely annihilated on the boards night in night out will not get us anywhere... :banghead:
And I don't even think this is on Kidd. Mavs just get bullied pure and simple. We desperately need a forward with size and intensity.

Warriors are a weird team, while undersized, they crash the offenaive glass very effectively, even that small menace, Podz, was battling for every rebound.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:01 am

Mavrelous wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:It's a compliment in this particular case. He's worked hard for it for many years, gotta show some respect and use the appropriate salutation.

You are here much longer than me, ask yourself whether you want to come to game thread full of bickering or cheering, commenting on games and discussing it.
If there is a poster whose line of posting is frustrating, just add him to your ignore list.

I don't believe in "ignoring" people, I don't think I ever have in 16 years and I never will do so. It's not that it's frustrating for me, it's imo negative for the board because nobody cares to read bs deluded hot takes with excessive negativity and unreasonable bias every single GT.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:02 am

Mavrelous wrote:
DanEu wrote:I'm just here to rain on the parade.

Warriors are a weird team, while undersized, they crash the offenaive glass very effectively, even that small menace, Podz, was battling for every rebound.

The moment Luka and Lively sit we have 0 rebounding. We can only hope the FO brings in a big who can actually grab some boards before the TDL.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 857

Post#70 » by Teffer10 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:24 am

I think we need 2 bigs....a big starting PF and a full sized center to backup Lively.
Every time Powell steps on the floor we are in desperation mode and quite frankly this has become frustrating as hell having to experience this year after year.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#71 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:52 am

Teffer10 wrote:I think we need 2 bigs....a big starting PF and a full sized center to backup Lively.
Every time Powell steps on the floor we are in desperation mode and quite frankly this has become frustrating as hell having to experience this year after year.

The backup C was easy and cheap to fix last summer so i don't think our FO sees that as a hole to fill, anyway i'm ok with a starting PF who can play 10/15 minutes at C.

Powell is our curse, until our death we are destined to see him on the court.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#72 » by ejs78 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:03 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

I don't believe in "ignoring" people, I don't think I ever have in 16 years and I never will do so. It's not that it's frustrating for me, it's imo negative for the board because nobody cares to read bs deluded hot takes with excessive negativity and unreasonable bias every single GT.

I know you probably dislike me for mucking up the game threads as I too cant "ignore" people either, but this is spot on.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#73 » by Mavrelous » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:08 pm

ejs78 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:You are here much longer than me, ask yourself whether you want to come to game thread full of bickering or cheering, commenting on games and discussing it.

I know you probably dislike me for mucking up the game threads as I too cant "ignore" people either, but this is spot on.

Fair enough, but you both should understand that your dislike for someone's line of posting isn't a reason to attack personally, and in case you do, expect us to intervene.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:43 am

Mavrelous wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:I don't believe in "ignoring" people, I don't think I ever have in 16 years and I never will do so. It's not that it's frustrating for me, it's imo negative for the board because nobody cares to read bs deluded hot takes with excessive negativity and unreasonable bias every single GT.

Fair enough, but you both should understand that your dislike for someone's line of posting isn't a reason to attack personally, and in case you do, expect us to intervene.

I've been here since 2006 or 2007 and it's never been a recurring issue until the more recent years so clearly something derailed for that individual. And last but not least what you consider "personal attacks" wouldn't even draw a tech in todays NBA :D
As mentioned - try to focus your modding energy on encouraging productive discourse about the Mavs and it would help the boards overall activity levels far more than blindly protecting the most destructive poster around here, who adds 0 value to 99% of discussions and just wants to peddle his personal hatred for certain players.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#75 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:51 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

I've been here since 2006 or 2007 and it's never been a recurring issue until the more recent years so clearly something derailed for that individual. And last but not least what you consider "personal attacks" wouldn't even draw a tech in todays NBA :D
As mentioned - try to focus your modding energy on encouraging productive discourse about the Mavs and it would help the boards overall activity levels far more than blindly protecting the most destructive poster around here, who adds 0 value to 99% of discussions and just wants to peddle his personal hatred for certain players.

I'm protecting everyone, everyone involved got "techs".
You've been here very long, let's try to keep the board clean, and platform for discussion, short look at Twitter and Reddit should tell you that these aren't places for adult conversations, we don't want to derail this board also.
I'd love to continue the discussion to improve the moderating, but let's move it to private DMs.

Return to Dallas Mavericks