ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Grizzlies (Tuesd., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Grizzlies (Tuesd., 830PMEST) 

Post#101 » by joesha1698 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:54 am

why is luka still otu there down 16 with 3 minutes?
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#102 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:54 am

joesha1698 wrote:why is luka still otu there down 16 with 3 minutes?

Cause JKidd.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,664

Post#103 » by Mavrelous » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:55 am

Another embarrassing effort to add to a long list this year, 5 easy games lost just by disgraceful showing.
They have very tough schedule coming.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:56 am

Outrebounded by 20 so far. If someone tells me another time we need more scorers please leave this board. It's painfully obvious to most people with a brain and 2 eyeballs what this team is missing - except for our coaching staff and FO.
joesha1698
Senior

Post#105 » by joesha1698 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:56 am

out rebounded by 20...same ish.
JWillTheFreak
Pro Prospect
And1: 211

Post#106 » by JWillTheFreak » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:56 am

Those small lineups are not working when we not hitting 3s, need two quality bigs for defense and rebounds.
///////////////////////////////////////BAKAJ///////////////////////////////////////////////
joesha1698
Senior

Post#107 » by joesha1698 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:57 am

I'm sorry but I'm not letting Bane go to basket every play. We gotta take a tough foul at some point.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,558

Post#108 » by Forbes » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:57 am

joesha1698 wrote:why is luka still otu there down 16 with 3 minutes?

Gotta make sure his points is close to his average
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 am

Forbes wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Green is unfairly maligned, Luka and Kyrie aren't able to kickout and everyone isn't involved, he was fine on defense.
Kidd midget lineups and lackluster effort killed us on the boards and on loose balls.

Green's D is overrated...he can't guard SF...Bane was mocking him(what is it,like two years ago ) and how did he respond?? He's made zero progress this year,in fact he regressed...how long do we have to wait for him to figure it out...honestly, I don't see much difference between him and Diallo and he was without a contract till now

I been screaming it since summer.
Green is a low basketball IQ player. He runs fast at all times and plays sloppy. His defense is talked about way too much for me. He’s a small guy and definitely cant guard the bigger SG’s and SF’s
He doesn’t play calm at all and it will never change.
I’m 100% sure we could have gotten way more for him in the summer and it’s probably too late.

I am dying to get Replace Green, Hardy, and Powell with almost any player that plays high IQ basketball. THJ somehow is STILL on the team.

Happy to bundle them all and throw in Grant but what has Timmy done to you? He is what he is but he's arguably been our most consistent and reliable player after Luka this year.
JWillTheFreak
Pro Prospect
And1: 211

Post#110 » by JWillTheFreak » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:00 am

Timmy is just not getting as many shots as he was before when Ky was out. He still a good spark of the bench when he hitting.

///////////////////////////////////////BAKAJ///////////////////////////////////////////////
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#111 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:03 am

20 more rebounds for Memphis,6 more 3 pointers,some difficult shots made, a coach that is out of his depth (can't adjust, doesn't have a gameplan) ...Dallas lives and dies by the three...they get destroyed in the paint by everybody(looks like Minnesota game was an outlier)...what bothers me the most is the effort,they were lackluster...Kidd needs to go,this team needs a real coach...god damn I wish that in games like this they had someone like Thibs,who would have ripped them a New one after a performance like that... we've seen way too many lackluster performances from this team
Forbes
Analyst

Post#112 » by Forbes » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:03 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Forbes wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Green's D is overrated...he can't guard SF...Bane was mocking him(what is it,like two years ago ) and how did he respond?? He's made zero progress this year,in fact he regressed...how long do we have to wait for him to figure it out...honestly, I don't see much difference between him and Diallo and he was without a contract till now

I been screaming it since summer.
Green is a low basketball IQ player. He runs fast at all times and plays sloppy. His defense is talked about way too much for me. He’s a small guy and definitely cant guard the bigger SG’s and SF’s
He doesn’t play calm at all and it will never change.
I’m 100% sure we could have gotten way more for him in the summer and it’s probably too late.

I am dying to get Replace Green, Hardy, and Powell with almost any player that plays high IQ basketball. THJ somehow is STILL on the team.

Happy to bundle them all and throw in Grant but what has Timmy done to you? He is what he is but he's arguably been our most consistent and reliable player after Luka this year.

Any player from the Knicks is a curse. It’s imperative that we unload him if we even want to sniff a chip. He def has saved the time when he has hot shooting but he MUST go. Plus he is probably the only player that can probably get us something of value. No team wants ANY of our roleplayers.
Forbes
Analyst

Post#113 » by Forbes » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 am

BliscoSantos wrote:20 more rebounds for Memphis,6 more 3 pointers,some difficult shots made, a coach that is out of his depth (can't adjust, doesn't have a gameplan) ...Dallas lives and dies by the three...they get destroyed in the paint by everybody(looks like Minnesota game was an outlier)...what bothers me the most is the effort,they were lackluster...Kidd needs to go,this team needs a real coach...god damn I wish that in games like this they had someone like Thibs,who would have ripped them a New one after a performance like that... we've seen way too many lackluster performances from this team

Seeing this just reminded me that I saw a stat today saying OKC has 8 players shooting 40% of more from 3.. instant envy.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,003

Post#114 » by Apz » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:15 am

Started great. Then as usual plays down to the opposition. Can we get someone that can backup lively and be a presence in the paint? Not likely, lets just keep signing guards. What a waste of sleep...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,854

Post#115 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:01 am

Pathetic effort and pathetic coaching. Kidd is just a disaster.
The 5 guards lineup was the photo of a person in big big big trouble.
You know that i don't like Powell but come on, he is still better than G-Will/DJJ/random guy at the C... But i don't understand why Holmes can't play more than 2 straight minutes. I think the alternatives are not much better.

Luka was injuried, it was pretty clear. He can't play when he can barely walk.
A real coach would have kept him out but ours is there to watch the game, certainly not to coach :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are too small and too soft, Memphis is trash. We can't lose those games even with Lively/Exum out and Luka injuried.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#116 » by Mavrelous » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 am

This was a deflating loss, 1 or 2 games are excusable, but we're back to last year's woes way too many times...
One team was flying around, hustling, being physical, fighting for every rebound, the other was sleep walking, and it was the team with something to lose.

Every time this team strings together few games to give hope, they immediately lose a game that reminds us they are not a serious team.

By order of responsibility:
Luka isn't playing like a franchise player in a year after a massive failure, injuries and roster construction are not an excuse for his performance against TOR, Pelicans, Cavs, Jazz and Grizzlies, he was excused for these type of games last year, he has no excuse this year if he wants to prove he's a top 3 player in this league.
Kyrie reminded us why he's never considered a 1st option.
Kidd isn't able to light a fire under them.
The role players shouldn't wait for the coach to light fire underneath them, and should be more proactive.

They were called out for being soft against the Raptors, they were even softer this game, at this point, I'm convinced they are barely a PO team, the onus to prove otherwise is on them.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,625

Post#117 » by Bob8 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:56 am

Mavrelous wrote:This was a deflating loss, 1 or 2 games are excusable, but we're back to last year's woes way too many times...
One team was flying around, hustling, being physical, fighting for every rebound, the other was sleep walking, and it was the team with something to lose.

Every time this team strings together few games to give hope, they immediately lose a game that reminds us they are not a serious team.

By order of responsibility:
Luka isn't playing like a franchise player in a year after a massive failure, injuries and roster construction are not an excuse for his performance against TOR, Pelicans, Cavs, Jazz and Grizzlies, he was excused for these type of games last year, he has no excuse this year if he wants to prove he's a top 3 player in this league.
Kyrie reminded us why he's never considered a 1st option.
Kidd isn't able to light a fire under them.
The role players shouldn't wait for the coach to light fire underneath them, and should be more proactive.

They were called out for being soft against the Raptors, they were even softer this game, at this point, I'm convinced they are barely a PO team, the onus to prove otherwise is on them.

It's impossible for anyone to play all games great. Luka and Kyrie are doing enough, if other role players could do at least 1 thing from scoring/defending/rebounding. When they do, Mavs normally win. They didn't do anything yesterday.

Josh, if he really has any trade value, should be traded as soon as possible for someone bigger. I don't believe we can get anything for Grant.

It would have been different game with Exum and Lively, because they're light years better than anyone else in their position.

Everyone, who is saying how good job Nico is doing, just look at Mavs front court. ;) He was able to add only 1 rookie in 3 years.

Btw. Luka looked injured, I doubt very much we will see him in next game.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#118 » by Mavrelous » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:04 am

Bob8 wrote:
It's impossible for anyone to play all games great. Luka and Kyrie are doing enough, if other role players could do at least 1 thing from scoring/defending/rebounding. When they do, Mavs normally win. They didn't do anything yesterday.

Josh, if he really has any trade value, should be traded as soon as possible for someone bigger. I don't believe we can get anything for Grant.

Role players can't do anything w/o the ball, people critcize Josh Green, he has some blame, but he barely got the ball on offense, MEM defense was capable of forcing Luka and Kyrie to go ISO with DHOs with Powell only, only path they left open was DJJ because they knew he couldn't shoot.
Luka and Kyrie should make them pay, simple as that, Mavs whole offense is predicated on them creating mismatches and drawing help and passing.
Yes, roster is flawed, they need a big wing, this isn't why they lost yesterday.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,625

Post#119 » by Bob8 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:07 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Role players can't do anything w/o the ball, people critcize Josh Green, he has some blame, but he barely got the ball on offense, MEM defense was capable of forcing Luka and Kyrie to go ISO with DHOs with Powell only, only path they left open was DJJ because they knew he couldn't shoot.
Luka and Kyrie should make them pay, simple as that, Mavs whole offense is predicated on them creating mismatches and drawing help and passing.
Yes, roster is flawed, they need a big wing, this isn't why they lost yesterday.

I said 1 of 3 things. They could just defend and get some rebounds and it would be enough. If you're useless in offensive side, you should at least be solid in D.

Did you watched what Smart was doing to Josh? And about his offense, what can he do, when he gets the ball? Send him in Euroleague and I guarantee you that he wouldn't do anything there as well, because his basketball skills are nonexistent.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,111

Post#120 » by Archx » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:09 am

LiKe Kidd said it's no shame losing to prime Tmac... err, i mean Marcus Smart. There is no coach in the world who can stop a player like him.

But just another game that further shows the importance of Lively. Free street to the rim all night. Grant continues to be useless and Powell is simply not long enough to do anything.

Oh, and bench Doncic for a month to heal, this is getting absurd, tired of watching him hobbling up and down the floor every freaking game.

Return to Dallas Mavericks