ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Knicks (Thursd., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,690

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Knicks (Thursd., 830PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:10 pm

Hartensthahhabnstarainastein on a 20/20 game alert in this one.

Ughh.

The Knicks are on a 5 game win streak, with a +24 differential. #1 d during the streak (they did play a couple of g league teams).

This is a terrible matchup, but maybe Luka gets up for this game and the energy isn't flat. J. Kidd will be watching the tape and figure out that if you play a midget team all game you will keep giving rebounds away.
60/21/10
StoneIsland
Freshman
And1: 38

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Knicks (Thursd., 830PMEST) 

Post#2 » by StoneIsland » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:57 pm

I expect another loss but hope for the best. Honestly, if this loss means Kidd is gone and we bring in another big body, I am all in for the Knicks to beat us.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,848

Post#3 » by dirkforpres » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:44 pm

Yeah this is a loss.

I am so completely out on this team after last night's Memphis game and until we make a trade. An absolute joke of a big man rotation.
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#4 » by ejs78 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:54 pm

Luka-out
Lively-Doubtful
Exum-out
Williams-Questionable
Maxi-doubtful
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,085

Post#5 » by daoneandonly » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:56 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Yeah this is a loss.

I am so completely out on this team after last night's Memphis game and until we make a trade. An absolute joke of a big man rotation.

Pathetic effort.This team has zero leadership and heart. Cuban is a joke, Kidd is a prick, and Luka is immature
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#6 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:57 pm

ejs78 wrote:Luka-out
Lively-Doubtful
Exum-out
Williams-Questionable
Maxi-doubtful

I'm doubtful about JKidd and find his decision making questionable and want him out. Does it work like that? :D
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#7 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:08 pm

Playing Luka against a depleted MEM team and then siting him against NY....I swear to god this organizaton is becoming the joke of the league,interestingly replacing NY
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,161

Post#8 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:57 am

Knicks with OG will destroy us. :banghead:
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#9 » by Archx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:01 am

BliscoSantos wrote:Playing Luka against a depleted MEM team and then siting him against NY....I swear to god this organizaton is becoming the joke of the league,interestingly replacing NY

Yeah makes no sense, trying to play full strength vs lesser teams and then they don't take those games seriously. But playing vs strong opponents with a "C squad" and trying to make something happen? Idiotic decisions on so many levels.

Think about it, Knicks, Kings, OKC, Wolves... Those were laughing stock teams for years and suddenly all these teams have surpassed the Mavs and managed to upgrade their roster to compete while it feels like Mavs are just going backwards. They drafted Luka and Brunson and it went downhill from there. Even Doncic's body language is starting to shift again and he looks more like he did last season, constantly frustrated and bored.
JWillTheFreak
Pro Prospect
And1: 211

Post#10 » by JWillTheFreak » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:23 am

Mavs play up to the competition so it should be a better game than yesterday vs Memphis.
///////////////////////////////////////BAKAJ///////////////////////////////////////////////
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:17 am

Archx wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Playing Luka against a depleted MEM team and then siting him against NY....I swear to god this organizaton is becoming the joke of the league,interestingly replacing NY

Yeah makes no sense, trying to play full strength vs lesser teams and then they don't take those games seriously. But playing vs strong opponents with a "C squad" and trying to make something happen? Idiotic decisions on so many levels.

Think about it, Knicks, Kings, OKC, Wolves... Those were laughing stock teams for years and suddenly all these teams have surpassed the Mavs and managed to upgrade their roster to compete while it feels like Mavs are just going backwards. They drafted Luka and Brunson and it went downhill from there. Even Doncic's body language is starting to shift again and he looks more like he did last season, constantly frustrated and bored.

I think you might be on to something....last year was the first time we saw Luka frustrated and we know that things weren't good in the locker room(Wood,McGee??)...now this year ,the cracks are starting to show...Holmes ,who was tipped by Cuban as a good signing barely plays(and he is starting to complains)...the situation is similar to when Cuban said Frank was gonna replace Brunson... unfourtunately too many mistakes were made ever since Luka was drafted,they traded or lost all the guys he was tight with(Brunson,DFS,Boban,DSJ) and apart from Kai and Lively have failled to sign any starters...Exum and DJJ have been great but everybody else had regressed..the coach looks lost,seems like he doesn't know what to do and I think Luka Just might be starting to become frustrated that this team(most Players) can't make a progress...the Mavs are kind of in the similar situation as ATL(although I think ATL has a better roster),stuck in the middle....they need(FO,coaching team,Players) to figure out something quick or this is quickly gonna become another wasted season,second in a row...Mavs don't have the assets,they have to be patient, can't make rash decisions but I think they need to head into Summer overhaul(roster,coach)...after the draft they'll have the assets,they need to use them wisely
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,747

Post#12 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:24 am

Kyrie/Green/THJ/Hardy can outplay to match Knicks backcourt on a good day, even though Brunson thrives on small backcourts and feasts of them, Powell on a good day can match IHart, Randle is tough match up physically for full sized PFs, with Mavs midgets, it'll be a massacre, praying for a miracle.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#13 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:13 am

Knicks are overrated, they are not so good... But we have Kidd.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,690

Post#14 » by Dirk » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:29 pm

Doncic left the game against the Grizzlies twice. He has an injury... so in this instance, I doubt it is anything to do with "being a joke" or not. Player has an ankle injury and you clearly saw for yourself that it bothered him.
60/21/10
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:14 pm

Dirk wrote:

Doncic left the game against the Grizzlies twice. He has an injury... so in this instance, I doubt it is anything to do with "being a joke" or not. Player has an ankle injury and you clearly saw for yourself that it bothered him.

I get that but it was obvious something wasn't right (something was bothering him) against MEM....and you still let him play 36 minutes...i'm sorry,but that's Just dumb management :banghead:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,747

Post#16 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:20 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:I get that but it was obvious something wasn't right (something was bothering him) against MEM....and you still let him play 36 minutes...i'm sorry,but that's Just dumb management :banghead:

I gave up on trying to understand the training staff of this team, just downright abysmal management of injuries, Kidd is also at fault.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:32 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again,the worst thing that happened to this team was getting to the WCF...sure it was fun but it made them think they were only a few role Players away from contending when in reality they had some luck (CP3 suddenly falling off a cliff, Suns crumbling)...they thought the team and the coach were great and that they'll be ok and then next season reality hit....now they keep on saying they need time to improve the roster(which I get) ,but even with upgrades(better players) I don't think Kidd and this coaching staff are up for the task...as Long as Mavs had Kokoškov(a great assistant) thinks were ok,now it's Just a mess...Kidd keeps blaming the Players,when he has no gameplan or set plays whatsoever
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#18 » by Archx » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:50 pm

Yeah, Kokoskov leaving left a huge void in Mavs offense. Kidd can't connect the dots like Rick could with role players, so that basically leaves 2 main guys rotating who shoots more. Then you throw THJ in the mix who thinks he's prime Ray Allen and that's a recipe for disaster. Some nights when these role players can't miss they all look like all stars but teams have figured this out long ago.

Defense is another story, no Lively and no real backup, this team just crumbles when they're not prepared. Kidd never takes the blame so we have no clue if they actually do any real preparations or just wing it each game.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#19 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:13 pm

Unfortunately Kokoskov (and Laso) don't come to be assistants to that Kidd puppet... The FO has to take a decision about the coach situation.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:54 pm

Unfourtunately the Mavs FO is gonna figure out that Kidd sucks too late.... they're already blaming the Players(which is fine to some degree) ,but changing the Players won't help Kidd become a better coach...he Just doesn't have it in him...he's a good assistant but a terrible Head coach

Return to Dallas Mavericks