ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Celtics (Mond., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Celtics (Mond., 830PMEST) 

Post#21 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:26 am

Not sure what's more reliable - Luka getting a T for talking to the refs or the Mavs getting scorched in non-Lively minutes...
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:29 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:All aboard the Luka Complain Train

Some of these he's right but dude will never learn

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

He'll never change because they let him get away with it for too Long...I blame the coaches and the FO cause they enabled his behavior...in Europe he wouldn't dare to behave that way,and he didn't in Madrid because coach Laso didn't tolerate it...now ,his behavior is enabled in Dallas and Slovenia National team, it's gotten in his head
Its on him to fix the problem. Watched this for years with Sheed. You're not gonna beat the refs

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#23 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:33 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:All aboard the Luka Complain Train

Some of these he's right but dude will never learn

He'll never change because they let him get away with it for too Long...I blame the coaches and the FO cause they enabled his behavior...in Europe he wouldn't dare to behave that way,and he didn't in Madrid because coach Laso didn't tolerate it...now ,his behavior is enabled in Dallas and Slovenia National team, it's gotten in his head
Its on him to fix the problem. Watched this for years with Sheed. You're not gonna beat the refs

Everybody is enabling this type of behavior,nobody calls him out on it...if I was the coach I'd teach him a lesson and talk to the refs to toss him out of the game...it really wouldn't it have been that hard since he complains all the time... offcourse time to do that was in his first three seasons,now it's too late
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:37 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Everybody is enabling this type of behavior,nobody calls him out on it...if I was the coach I'd teach him a leasing and talk to the refs to toss him out of the game...it really wouldn't it have been that hard since he complains all the time... offcourse time to do that was in his first three seasons,now it's too late
Agree to disagree.

He's a grown ass man.

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#25 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:43 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Its on him to fix the problem. Watched this for years with Sheed. You're not gonna beat the refs

Everybody is enabling this type of behavior,nobody calls him out on it...if I was the coach I'd teach him a leasing and talk to the refs to toss him out of the game...it really wouldn't it have been that hard since he complains all the time... offcourse time to do that was in his first three seasons,now it's too late
Agree to disagree.

He's a grown ass man.

GS and the league enabled Draymond's behavior and how did that end..yes Luka should know better and he should take responsibility ...but it would be a nice change if coach,teammates would call him out on it...I don't mean publicly,in the locker room
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:09 am

If at first you don't succeed three three again.

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:20 am

What's the gameplan if the three isn't falling? Someone should ask Kidd,I'd really like to know his answer

Btw, we all know Luka is still complaining but the thing that I've noticed(this season and last year) is that he smiles a lot less... it's starting to Look like he doesn't enjoy the game like he did his first four seasons..I know losing will do that to you but still,seems like the failure to upgrade the roster(adress their weaknesses) is causing even more frustrations...lets face it, they finaly got a real C in his sixth season(Porzingis masked the poor big Man rotation when he was healthy) ..they still lack a capable PF or starting SF
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:35 am

BliscoSantos wrote:What's the gameplan if the three isn't falling? Someone should ask Kidd,I'd really like to know his answer

Btw, we all know Luka is still complaining but the thing that I've noticed(this season and last year) is that he smiles a lot less... it's starting to Look like he doesn't enjoy the game like he did his first four seasons..I know losing will do that to you but still,seems like the failure to upgrade the roster(adress their weaknesses) is causing even more frustrations...lets face it, they finaly got a real C in his sixth season(Porzingis masked the poor big Man rotation when he was healthy) ..they still lack a capable PF or starting SF
Hopefully they continue to develop Lively in the post. Such a novel idea for today's NBA. This year nothing will change.

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 am

I still think that with a real coach,not just the watcher, this team would play a lot better
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,137

Post#30 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:04 am

BliscoSantos wrote:I still think that with a real coach,not just the watcher, this team would play a lot better

I don't think Mazzullo is a good coach, either. They are both average ones in the league.
People were applauding Monty Williams as a coach of the year but we saw how clueless he was in playoffs against Mavs and his performance in Detroit isn't inspiring either. After all, the roster you have is the main deciding factor. That is the reason people are debating about GOAT players. In order to be in GOAT discussion Lebron changed teams for 3-4 times. Each team was stacked with multiple star players at their prime. Those star players are hand-picked to fit with Lebron and the rest of the roster.

- Tonight was not a great Luka offense game.
- THJ is hot/cold, with occasional mistakes on defense.
- Kyrie is a mismatch on the defensive side that the Mavs actively trying to hide. On offense, he was not a game-changer.
- Green played decently. Maxi is not good but kinda getting better after the injury break.
- Subpar DJJ game. I mean as a starter it was a subpar game, for vet. min contract who can ever judge him?
- Grant Williams sucks. I still believe he can make a comeback and play a solid 15 game stretch at some point. After all, Celtics left G.Williams as they did not even need him in their 7-man rotation.

All in all, it was against #1 team in the NBA. Celtics roster is so stacked. KP is out and they still have better roster than us. Yesterday they rested Horford-Holiday and they were much better than Rockets.

It was a close game considering the inefficient shooting by Luka-Kyrie. It was not a blowout or heartbreak loss but still after a 5-dy rest you want more. Kyrie is shying away from responsibility and not wanting to attack Tatum-Horford etc did not look good. Kyrie tried some really tough shots due to fear of getting blocked... Luka is usually better than this. He missed some shots that he always makes.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,137

Post#31 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:08 am

* Grant Williams was available for $13m/year for a reason. I do not blame FO for signing him for the leftover cap space.
* Can't blame or ask much more from DJJ either. Vet min.
* If Maxi was able to play good consistently with blocks and 3pt shots, he'd be named KAT, Marknanen and he'd be making 3 times of that money.

Its just Luka-Kyrie-THJ for $100mm/year does not make sense. Even if you bring Phil Jackson, Popovich, Kerr, Mike Krzyzewski together, they are not going to make it work.

I dont necessarily like Kidd, maybe a new coach would be brave enough to say Luka/thj/kyrie is not working so trade one or two of them that are not names Luka.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:55 am

Maybe this will help:

Read on Twitter
?t=BJ3ehv3uRDUttGBE_0Dmgg&s=19

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#33 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:14 am

ejs78 wrote:Maybe this will help:

Read on Twitter

Finally a real coach statement.

Not a bad game at all, Boston is a better team.

We still need a starting wing and a backup C, Maxi looks like 90 yo guy.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by ejs78 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:48 am

ejs78 wrote:Maybe this will help:

Read on Twitter

Not really a good answer here.

Read on Twitter
?t=v2r3G7XWJHcj8BIpOqk2YQ&s=19

From Irving:

Read on Twitter
?t=y4jnKWnuyK1GXw0aOWAtzQ&s=19
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,645

Post#35 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:59 am

ejs78 wrote:Not really a good answer here.
Read on Twitter
?t=v2r3G7XWJHcj8BIpOqk2YQ&s=19

No it's not, not the answer and not the optics of it.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#36 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:36 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
Its just Luka-Kyrie-THJ for $100mm/year does not make sense. Even if you bring Phil Jackson, Popovich, Kerr, Mike Krzyzewski together, they are not going to make it work.

I dont necessarily like Kidd, maybe a new coach would be brave enough to say Luka/thj/kyrie is not working so trade one or two of them that are not names Luka.

You maybe right, and Luka and Kyrie don't fit, or Kidd is too limited to utilize both of them together, Luka alone team looks great, Kyrie alone team looks good, when they are both together, it's hit and miss, some good performances and some horrible ones.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#37 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:27 am

Mavrelous wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:

You maybe right, and Luka and Kyrie don't fit, or Kidd is too limited to utilize both of them together, Luka alone team looks great, Kyrie alone team looks good, when they are both together, it's hit and miss, some good performances and some horrible ones.

It's confusing and frustrating. How did Luka and Brunson work so well with Kidd as coach then? Is Brunson just a winner and Ky a lower?

Watching this team is depressing. And I was giving Grant Williams more slack than anyone, done with him
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#38 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:44 am

daoneandonly wrote:It's confusing and frustrating. How did Luka and Brunson work so well with Kidd as coach then? Is Brunson just a winner and Ky a lower?

Watching this team is depressing. And I was giving Grant Williams more slack than anyone, done with him

They didn't, Brunson next to Luka didn't have nearly the same stats or impact he puts alone, even before exploding in NY, but Brunson also had a trigger problem, he passed up way too many shots playing next to Luka.
Kyrie is a better fit next to Luka than Brunson (and worse fit to replace Luka when he sits or is out), and still either Kidd isn't getting what he should get from them or they are doing something wrong.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,001

Post#39 » by Apz » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:40 am

kai is a sg, thats the difference. Thats why exum is so important. He is a pg. We keep having kai, curry, hardy, thj playing pg role when luka sits when they all are sg
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#40 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:30 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:It's confusing and frustrating. How did Luka and Brunson work so well with Kidd as coach then? Is Brunson just a winner and Ky a lower?

They didn't, Brunson next to Luka didn't have nearly the same stats or impact he puts alone, even before exploding in NY, but Brunson also had a trigger problem, he passed up way too many shots playing next to Luka.
Kyrie is a better fit next to Luka than Brunson (and worse fit to replace Luka when he sits or is out), and still either Kidd isn't getting what he should get from them or they are doing something wrong.

Well then sounds like we need to fire KIdd and/or find a #2 who can actually play with our best player when they share the court. This form ula clearly isnt working

Return to Dallas Mavericks