ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Suns (Wed., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 938

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Suns (Wed., 830PMEST) 

Post#121 » by Captain_Obvious » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:00 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:If Cuban is so blindly loyal to Kidd, do what the Wiz just did with Unseld. Promote him to the front office but fire him as coach. But dont let him make key decisions, this si the idiot that urged us to sign McGee

That's a great idea, I hope he's mulling it.

like it - COW - chief operating watcher

I think Kidd is well liked but obviously the results aint it
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#122 » by Archx » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:31 pm

Some interesting facts from the game.

This calculation is from a reddit user.

Mavs were outscored 92-55 in the second half. 92 points in 24 minutes. 1 point every 15.65 seconds.

And then masterclass performance from our coach.

Suns in the 1st half went on a 22-8 run before TO was taken to stop the bleeding.

2nd half.

Suns started the 3rd Q with a 21-5 run before TO was taken with 6.30 mins to go.. That was then followed by Suns 4-0 run when another TO was taken roughly 1 minute later :lol:

And after that all the way to end the 3rd Q, there was a managable 18-15 score in Suns favor.

At this point i wonder if this guy actually wants to secretly fire himself, this is literally a horror story on top of Mavs not having actual gameplan on what to do when Luka sits and Kyrie is out.

With 6.30 to go in the 3rd, when previously mentioned TO was taken, Luka went to the bench and he got back with 5.01 mins to go, and in that time Mavs managed to score 2pts.
I'm not saying Luka played great but THJ was the only guy basically who even remotely followed him with 17pts but even he was shooting 6-16 from the field. :noway:
Dan1970
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#123 » by Dan1970 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:03 pm

We should tank at this point and get a top 10 draft choice. This team isn’t going anywhere.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,676

Post#124 » by Dirk » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:04 pm

The refs were horrible. 100%.

Nurkic taunting Williams. No tech. Williams gets ejected.- Then DJJr gets a tech for the same at the other end. KD should have received 2nd tech. Nothing. :lol:

All this before the weird feeling the last two games the refs almost made a point of not calling some fouls for the mavs.

But my word... this insanity needs to stop. Call a **** timeout or three and stop the madness right as it starts.

That guy was so bad that even the idiots on the broadcast can't see this ball was obviously out (not that it made any difference in the result, but very symbolic of how bad these dudes are).

Injuries here and there, games missed. Weak mentality. Childish behaviour, pouting. And obviously, the head coach is a zombie. Who knows how the governor is sitting there watching some of these games and doesn't react impulsively by you know... trying to actually get some qualified coach to take over this team.

Besides all the Mavs own problems, the NBA game right now is not easy to watch. Spamming of threes, pace is too fast and not really fun to watch since you start to not care for the plays since you can't even digest one and there's already someone jacking up another shot or someone making an open layup.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#125 » by Archx » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:18 pm

Dirk wrote:But my word... this insanity needs to stop. Call a **** timeout or three and stop the madness right as it starts.

To give Kidd some credit, he did take a TO when Suns went on a 4 - 0 run !!!! Unfortunately Suns were also already almost 30pts up at that point :football:
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,846

Post#126 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Dan1970 wrote:We should tank at this point and get a top 10 draft choice. This team isn’t going anywhere.

This is not the year to tank. Mavs best bet is to keep fighting to convey the pick in this historically weak draft. The goal for the rest of the season should be to remain competitive while managing to create summer flexibility.

So THJ, Holmes, Grant, Maxi should all be getting shopped hard.... Preferably for shorter contracts, even if that means including Hardy or some SRPs
FIRE JASON KIDD
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#127 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:12 pm

Archx wrote:
Dirk wrote:But my word... this insanity needs to stop. Call a **** timeout or three and stop the madness right as it starts.

To give Kidd some credit, he did take a TO when Suns went on a 4 - 0 run !!!! Unfortunately Suns were also already almost 30pts up at that point :football:

At this point I'm sure Kidd must have a cash bonus for every timeout he manages to keep during a game :lol: everything else just makes no sense.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,676

Post#128 » by Dirk » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:20 pm

Archx wrote:

The coach will inevitably be fired this season. Still hoping and rooting for good games and competitive playoffs, however the writing is on the wall.

Let's hope that Suns fan inspires Luka somehow.

It's embarrassing to see him waste time and energy on this stuff

https://youtu.be/qAlFHdIW5i4

Just ignore reporters. "Next question".

Luka likes to have fun and show off - perfectly normal - so he really also needs to take it in when some curse and provoke him. And I am not even talking about fans.

In one night:

- Wasted time and emotions with refs

- Fan(s)

- Reporter

Ugh.
60/21/10
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#129 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:50 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Forbes wrote:
Kyrie is one of my fav guards but he is the main player we need to put on the block if we want to get a solid return.

You get rid of Kyrie and Luka is gone...I agree he needs to change his attitude,but it seems that under Kidd he's only regressed in that department...it looks like he's losing faith in the coach(which could be the reason he seems more agitated),cause when the team needs him,needs him to calm things down,workout a gameplan,he Just watches and doesn't do anything..also , he's been in the league for 6years and he's surrounded by only two starting caliber Players,Kai and Lively(and they Just Got him this year)...others are all bench or end od bench players..seems like something isn't right in DAL

Why would Luka be gone just because they trade Kyrie? Is Kyrie from Slovenia? Are they been playing together 5 years? Did they win anything together?

I mean, if Luka would be gone just because they sent someone, it would be Brunson and DFS. Luka made WCF with that roster.
Luka actually had great chemistry with those two. They all grow as NBA players together. Guess what? Brunson was helping Luka mentally too. Kyrie is a so-called veteran. Kyrie coming to Dallas Mavs created throwaway games and Mavs record tanked with him.

Imagine if you can trade Kyrie for Brunson+DFS. If that was possible Luka would do that in a heartbeat. In general, no one says release Kyrie but trade him for $40m worth of wing player(s). Luka would be happy if he got

Mavs team never had someone to defend Kawhi. DFS were good enough to cover smaller forwards and shooting guards. Since he is gone we dont have any wing player to defend elite competition.
Jerami Grant/Aaron Gordon type of player would be a nice addition. Mavs problem is lack of assets and lack of cap space. Otherwise I do not mind having Kyrie or THJ much. However if you spent $100m/year for Luka-Kyrie-THJ then its almost impossible to find competent SF-PF starters. Our starting SF-PF duo is earning vet min and MLE.

He won't be gone because of Kyrie, he'll be gone because of the inconpetence by the FO....how many mistakes did they make since they drafted him...it all started with the Barnes trade(what exactly did they get in return??), followed by KP trade(always injured,wasn happy with his role and pouted...he even said he didn't give his best effort,he didn't care).. outside of Brunson(who they lost for free :banghead: :banghead: ) and Lively all their draft picks were busts or dissapointment...Kyrie was a good trade but they failled to improve all the other areas they lack in(rebounds,D)...apart from Luka,Kyrie and Lively(who was forced into role but did good) they have no starting caliber Players...THJ is a Nice Spark of the bench but the fact that Exum and DJJ,who are Both on minimum contracts, are so important to them Just shows how much they messed up roster construction...Grant has been a huge dissapointment(acting all tough, can't score under the basket,can only hit an occasional open 3),Green is incosistent and not a right fit next to Luka and Kai(he's too small for a SF,has bad handles, doesn't control his speed/athletic ability,is too streaky)...it was mentioned numerous times that the Mavs have too many one dimensional Player and they are even incosistent in that one thing they're supposedly good at...coaching has been really bad,Kidd looks completely Lost out there...maybe he sees he lost the team...Luka was always complaining but he was never as frustrated as he is this season...something isn't right with this team...frustrations are starting to show and I think there's something going on between Kidd and the players...looks like they're sick of him..I mean, didn't others(from Kidd's previous teams) warn us about him... I've said it before and I'll say it again,Kidd is not coaching material,he should be assistant...even if the Mavs manager to upgrade the roster I don't think they'll be any better under this coach
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#130 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:51 pm

Kidd time is expired, even Cuban understand now how he is bad.

But he is **** proudly so i don't know if he will fire that moron before the end of the season. Probably not.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,660

Post#131 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:59 pm

Jason Kidd wrote:Why do have to stay negative?
Right? The world is already negative enough!
So, let's see some positive stuff on some positive people doing their job on a nightly basis...
Write some positive ****!
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#132 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Jason Kidd wrote:Why do have to stay negative?
Right? The world is already negative enough!
So, let's see some positive stuff on some positive people doing their job on a nightly basis...
Write some positive ****!

Kidd fired!! ...
Now that would be some positive writting :lol:
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,140

Post#133 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:28 pm

Dirk wrote:Besides all the Mavs own problems, the NBA game right now is not easy to watch. Spamming of threes, pace is too fast and not really fun to watch since you start to not care for the plays since you can't even digest one and there's already someone jacking up another shot or someone making an open layup.

That is so true. Shot after shot. Refs are also allowing some players to be so-called stars with touch fouls. So those players are sagged off and they let them shoot, layup freely. Its too much of high scoring these days and I dont think its just about talent or spacing.
If a ref call two blocking, reaching fouls for a player, then opposing defenders let them do whatever they like. Overall it become a bad product to watch.
There are already 82 games and now its each possession becomes more meaningless as we see teams score 130pt+
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,140

Post#134 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:30 pm

Dan1970 wrote:We should tank at this point and get a top 10 draft choice. This team isn’t going anywhere.

Everyone says this is a 'very' bad draft year.

Luka will not be happy missing playoffs again after the kyrie trade.

Cuban always thinks he is the smartest one.
WCF team should've been kept and improved with some frontcourt players.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#135 » by kacey ring » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:05 pm

daoneandonly wrote:If Cuban is so blindly loyal to Kidd, do what the Wiz just did with Unseld. Promote him to the front office but fire him as coach. But dont let him make key decisions, this si the idiot that urged us to sign McGee

Hire daoneandonly as GM!

I like the Kidd idea too, but Kidd probably has too much pride/ego for such a move.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#136 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:19 pm

kacey ring wrote:

Hire daoneandonly as GM!

I like the Kidd idea too, but Kidd probably has too much pride/ego for such a move.

Kidd is popular with the Players around the league and wants to coach,well be the watcher on the teams bench...He doesn't want a FO Job and even if he did I wouldn't trust him with it
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#137 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:26 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
kacey ring wrote:

Hire daoneandonly as GM!

Kidd is popular with the Players around the league and wants to coach,well be the watcher on the teams bench...He doesn't want a FO Job and even if he did I wouldn't trust him with it

Dream sceario, Wizards want him and trade us the 2nd round pick back we foolishly gave up in the KP trade
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#138 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:33 pm

What bothers me is that although Kidd is a players coach,he never stands up for his players during the game...Rick Carlisle was an a-hole to players (apart from stars) and yet he always stood up for them to the referees...Kidd is Just there watching,scratching his Head,having a dumb Look on his face,always looking like he's half asleep,never getting mad (at the referees or Players)...Phil Jackson is called the Zen master and even he lost his cool when officiating was bad,meanwhile Kidd just stands at the sideline like a hippy,preaching Love not fight

I remember him as a player,he had courage,was tough...now,he Just looks like someone cut his balls off
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#139 » by joesha1698 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:24 pm

I do not think it would be the right to decision to get rid of Jason Kidd this year. The fact of the matter is, the front office has been the biggest issue since going to that WCF. They made decisions to get rid of that group (for the most part) and thus Kidd is probably thinking, what do u want me to do? You took the team we built up away. The front office needs to make 1 or 2 moves that fixes some of the issues on this team and then see how things unfold. This is not a response to anyone's post, just something I wanted to add.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#140 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 pm

joesha1698 wrote:I do not think it would be the right to decision to get rid of Jason Kidd this year. The fact of the matter is, the front office has been the biggest issue since going to that WCF. They made decisions to get rid of that group (for the most part) and thus Kidd is probably thinking, what do u want me to do? You took the team we built up away. The front office needs to make 1 or 2 moves that fixes some of the issues on this team and then see how things unfold. This is not a response to anyone's post, just something I wanted to add.

Yes you are right but i doubt that Kidd never approved FO moves... Just think at McGee.

Kidd is done here and even Cuban know it, we have just to wait when it will happen.
Cuban doesn't like to admit when he was wrong... Coff coff Powell.

Return to Dallas Mavericks