ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Knicks (Thursd., 730PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,543

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Knicks (Thursd., 730PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:24 am

Good test to this team's physicality and mental approach.

It looks like the Knicks may be down a player or two as well.... so an L here would be extra disappointing.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,074

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Knicks (Thursd., 730PMEST) 

Post#2 » by Archx » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:07 pm

:lol:

StoneIsland
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#3 » by StoneIsland » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:20 pm

No Randle, OG is still not training with the team and Brunson had to leave early in the last game. They could be down three players, which means we lose, with Grimes or Hartenstein scoring 50 :D
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,843

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:45 pm

Perfect team to play for if (and hopefully when) we make a trade and if the incoming players havent joined the team yet.

Knicks could possibly be without their top 4 players (Brunson, OG, Randle, Robinson). If KAI, Luka, and Lively all play then theres no excuses to drop this one... Even if it means no more Grant, Hardaway, Hardy, Holmes, etc.
FIRE JASON KIDD
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,138

Post#5 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:00 pm

The revenge of Brunson.

Mavs will be destroyed.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 703

Post#6 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:28 pm

JB is amazing,an all star,but he's not a superstar...Just like Haliburton and Lamelo aren't... it's Just dumb american media(Stephen "clown" Smith) thats calling them superstars since they really don't have any in the Younger Players(apart from Morant,Tatum and Ant is close)...I'm sorry, they're good Players,all-stars,but I wouldn't call them superstars...and they really didn't Look that good in WC,I'd expect more from a superstar
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#7 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:02 pm

But Exum? Is he alive?
He remember me Linsanity moviment a lot, i hope he doesn't end like him :lol:
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,132

Post#8 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:40 am

I called Kyrie is marked the Nets game to put up a statement against Tsai-Marks. They did him no favors as they didn't traded him to Lakers or PHX. I even believe they asked for DFS to handicap kyrie's success in Mavs. The roster balance has been gone since he came here.

If Kyrie wants to show it to Tsai-Marks, he should make Mavs a top seed. If Kyrie misses playoffs again, or eliminated in first round, he'll continue to be a laughingstock around the league.

Knicks is a favorable opponent for Kyrie. Brunson is a small guard so Kyrie shouldn't be shut-down like he was against Celtics. Randle is not a good defender IMO. They miss Mitchell as well. Lets see if he can score efficiently and draw double teams, blitz like Luka does.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:44 am

Its refreshing to see Mavs getting some lucky breaks. This East tour was looking much tougher when Embiid and Knicks team was healthy and getting like 9-1 stretches.

Nets game being B2B after a tough 76ers game did not sound good either. Luckily we didn't get tired much against 76ers and then Nets was not a problem. Now Knicks miss a lot of players and have couple of them playing with some injuries.

Going here with 3-0 and then winning against Thunder-Wizards-Spurs at home would be a great way to get closer to the 7th seed.

Nuggets-Clippers are dangerously close to the #1-#2 seeds, I really dont want Mavs to play for play-ins and then matchup with one of those.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:41 am

ozwizard8 wrote: I even believe they asked for DFS to handicap kyrie's success in Mavs.

Yes for sure, probably they also suggested Cuban to resign Powell, don't fire Kidd and sign Seth Curry .
They were diabolic.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:01 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote: I even believe they asked for DFS to handicap kyrie's success in Mavs.

Yes for sure, probably they also suggested Cuban to resign Powell, don't fire Kidd and sign Seth Curry .
They were diabolic.

**** Cuban and him destroying Mavs WCF team. Brunson is balling, and since kyrie trade this team is around .500 and missed playoffs with Luka.

Powell contract is almost like a vet min. Although I dont like it, that $4m/year is not a legit reason to handicap the roster. Seth Curry is also getting paid $4m/year. Exum so far looked better for vet.min. But then again vet. min contracts do not typically plays starter-level good for 60 games. They are supposed to give you 10-15 decent games when they are on rotation.

I wish there were a DFS caliber player that'd sign for $4m/year, vet.min type of deal. Grant Williams cost more than $4m/year and I am not sure if he has been better than DFS.

Your arguments are always so weak. Try to come up with examples. What type of hail mary vet min signings Nico could've do? Overall, Mavs FA signings for this offseason were decent for the given cap space situation. Dont like Nico Harrison but being fair to him for this offseason.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:30 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

They were diabolic.

**** Cuban and him destroying Mavs WCF team. Brunson is balling, and since kyrie trade this team is around .500 and missed playoffs with Luka.

Powell contract is almost like a vet min. Although I dont like it, that $4m/year is not a legit reason to handicap the roster. Seth Curry is also getting paid $4m/year. Exum so far looked better for vet.min. But then again vet. min contracts do not typically plays starter-level good for 60 games. They are supposed to give you 10-15 decent games when they are on rotation.

I wish there were a DFS caliber player that'd sign for $4m/year, vet.min type of deal. Grant Williams cost more than $4m/year and I am not sure if he has been better than DFS.

Your arguments are always so weak. Try to come up with examples. What type of hail mary vet min signings Nico could've do? Overall, Mavs FA signings for this offseason were decent for the given cap space situation. Dont like Nico Harrison but being fair to him for this offseason.

That team overperformed, GSW destroyed them easily.
Instead of judging other people's arguments, think about your own... Trust me, and don't change the criticism every month.

Drummond and Biyombo for sure, trade for Tillman or pickup Theis from FA. The firsts come in my mind.
Curry was an useless sign in our roster full of Gs.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,074

Post#13 » by Archx » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:21 am

41Dirk41 wrote:

They were diabolic.

... and then Mavs also went and helped DFS' dad to get out of prison just to stick it to Kyrie.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:57 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

They were diabolic.

... and then Mavs also went and helped DFS' dad to get out of prison just to stick it to Kyrie.

Exactly :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,543

Post#15 » by Dirk » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:13 pm

Knicks missing OG and apparently Brunson also has an ankle injury.
60/21/10
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:16 pm

Powell 20+20 and after this game he can retire from basketball. Finally.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:19 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
They were diabolic.

Instead of judging other people's arguments, think about your own... Trust me, and don't change the criticism every month.

Drummond and Biyombo for sure, trade for Tillman or pickup Theis from FA. The firsts come in my mind.

According to Cuban Mavs title team and Mavs WCF team both overperformed and he dismantled them as he thinks he is the smartest guy. That is not true though.

I know you are a kid so you do not know how to evaluate things. You are wrong because you are singling out a couple of bad vet-min signings for a decent overall offseason.
DJJ, Exum was successful for vet min. Powell, Curry are not. Who knows maybe Seth can get his form back again? It is vet.min deal so you are not going to get starter level players with consistency. Overall it was decent.

Biyombo is simply too old and injury-riddled. There is a reason a lot of teams did not sign him. Drummond is not a good piece for defense.

Mavs FO made a move to take Holmes salary. They thought he may get back in form and if not they'd trade him to match salaries. Now we got Gafford. Gafford is better than having Biyombo or Drummond.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:35 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:**** Cuban and him destroying Mavs WCF team. Brunson is balling, and since kyrie trade this team is around .500 and missed playoffs with Luka.

According to Cuban Mavs title team and Mavs WCF team both overperformed and he dismantled them as he thinks he is the smartest guy. That is not true though.

I know you are a kid so you do not know how to evaluate things. You are wrong because you are singling out a couple of bad vet-min signings for a decent overall offseason.
DJJ, Exum was successful for vet min. Powell, Curry are not. Who knows maybe Seth can get his form back again? It is vet.min deal so you are not going to get starter level players with consistency. Overall it was decent.

Biyombo is simply too old and injury-riddled. There is a reason a lot of teams did not sign him. Drummond is not a good piece for defense.

Mavs FO made a move to take Holmes salary. They thought he may get back in form and if not they'd trade him to match salaries. Now we got Gafford. Gafford is better than having Biyombo or Drummond.

We are talking about vet min guys, Gafford is not.

You changed again the point of discussion because you are totally wrong and exposed, same old ozwizard8. Same old bullsh*t. Annoying :roll:

See ya after next irving bad game. Bye bye hater.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:46 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

You changed again the point of discussion because you are totally wrong and exposed, same old ozwizard8. Same old bullsh*t. Annoying :roll:

Kiddo, you changed the topic as saying 'trading for x'.
If you start talking about trades, Gafford is a trade as well.

You still do not understand the concept. You have a learning disorder.
Mavs FO did a decent job this year with vet.min signings. That is accepted fact around the league. DJJ-Exum-Curry-Powell is not all great, but good enough for min.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:53 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:According to Cuban Mavs title team and Mavs WCF team both overperformed and he dismantled them as he thinks he is the smartest guy. That is not true though.

Kiddo, you changed the topic as saying 'trading for x'.
If you start talking about trades, Gafford is a trade as well.

You still do not understand the concept. You have a learning disorder.
Mavs FO did a decent job this year with vet.min signings. That is accepted fact around the league. DJJ-Exum-Curry-Powell is not all great, but good enough for min.

You can only insult as usual. This is what you are. That's pathetic.

You asked me better vet min guy than Powell, i wrote a lot of names. You felt exposed and then you changed the point. As usual. Boring.

Cam Thomas fan club is waiting for you. Harry up champ.

Return to Dallas Mavericks