Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread 

Post#61 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:43 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
No way THJ + pick swap can net you two future #1 in return.

And its hard to understand the DSJ+Kris Dunn love while keeping Hardy.

Mavs spent too many resources on bad moves. Now we are invested in Luka-Kyrie, its hard to add a 3rd max player. Miles Bridges is out of our reach IMO.

Ideally, I'd rather have a Kawhi-PG type of second-star player than Kyrie-type small guard next to Luka as I prioritize team balance and defense. If Mavs at some point, trades Kyrie than they can use some of the contracts for a trade to a SF like Bridges.
Until that day, Mavs should target $20-25m/per year players.

KCP doesn't earn max salary but a solid piece for Denver. Aaron Gordon deals looks bargain now. He is at that salary range. Gordon is not a true #1 or #2 option but he's good as #3 or #4 type of role.
Bridges stock is still high as some team may want to pay him and make him their #2 guy or sth. After 2-3 years, he may become more acquireable similar to Gordon.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,982

Post#62 » by Archx » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

Mavs spent too many resources on bad moves. Now we are invested in Luka-Kyrie, its hard to add a 3rd max player. Miles Bridges is out of our reach IMO.

Ideally, I'd rather have a Kawhi-PG type of second-star player than Kyrie-type small guard next to Luka as I prioritize team balance and defense. If Mavs at some point, trades Kyrie than they can use some of the contracts for a trade to a SF like Bridges.

KCP doesn't earn max salary but a solid piece for Denver. Aaron Gordon deals looks bargain now. He is at that salary range. Gordon is not a true #1 or #2 option but he's good as #3 or #4 type of role.
Bridges stock is still high as some team may want to pay him and make him their #2 guy or sth. After 2-3 years, he may become more acquireable similar to Gordon.

So you want to trade Kyrie and get Miles Bridges in as a 2nd guy? While Mavs have 2nd best defense since trade and Luka/Kyrie offense equals Nr1 rated offense along with Celtics when both are on the floor.

The Mavs have scored 121 points per 100 possessions with Doncic and Irving on the floor, about equivalent to Boston's top-ranked offense.

Read on Twitter
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#63 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:40 am

Archx wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

So you want to trade Kyrie and get Miles Bridges in as a 2nd guy? While Mavs have 2nd best defense since trade and Luka/Kyrie offense equals Nr1 rated offense along with Celtics when both are on the floor.

The Mavs have scored 121 points per 100 possessions with Doncic and Irving on the floor, about equivalent to Boston's top-ranked offense.

Where did I say I want Miles Bridges? Are you out of mind? Some people were suggesting getting Bridges with trading THJ and a pick. Its not possible for trade asset and salary cap reasons.

Try to answer the entirety of the writing. You always try to get a sentence out of a whole 4 paragraphs. You are doing this with such dishonesty. Where did I say I want Bridges? Wtf is the reason to put kyrie stats? This is a childish behavior. Shameful.

Only statement I made was I'd prefer Kawhi/PG type of player instead of Kyrie to pair with Luka. So you if you want to create a 'hot take' argument you can compare whether Kawhi or Kyrie would be better with Luka.
Archx
RealGM

Post#64 » by Archx » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:10 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:

Where did I say I want Miles Bridges? Are you out of mind? Some people were suggesting getting Bridges with trading THJ and a pick. Its not possible for trade asset and salary cap reasons.

Try to answer the entirety of the writing. You always try to get a sentence out of a whole 4 paragraphs. You are doing this with such dishonesty. Where did I say I want Bridges? Wtf is the reason to put kyrie stats? This is a childish behavior. Shameful.

Only statement I made was I'd prefer Kawhi/PG type of player instead of Kyrie to pair with Luka. So you if you want to create a 'hot take' argument you can compare whether Kawhi or Kyrie would be better with Luka.

ozwizard8 wrote: If Mavs at some point, trades Kyrie than they can use some of the contracts for a trade to a SF like Bridges.

What does this even mean then? You say you don't want Bridges and yet you do want him? If they trade Kyrie and use some of those assests on Bridges, it would mean that they indirectly traded out of Kyrie into Bridges. So....yeah.

You're probably the only person on Mavs forums who's trying to trade Kyrie since he got here, your wrote so many **** posts about him that mods had to step in, so normaly anyone would assume you keep trying to do so. I mean you just suggested in your own post, which i quoted, that Mavs could trade Kyrie at some point.

I usually post stats to reaffirm my arguments and since you're one of the most erratic and full of nonsense posters on these Mavs forums, i specifically pointed out that Kyrie and Luka work really good together. But you couldn't figure that out on your own and your argument was "This is a childish behavior. Shameful." I mean, do you even know what that means? What is your counter argument that they DON'T work well together?

But for the sake of fun... in what way would LAC ever want to trade Kawhi and PG13??? This is not a video game, Mavs don't even have anything to trade for them anyway.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:32 am

Archx wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

If Mavs at some point, trades Kyrie than they can use some of the contracts for a trade to a SF like Bridges.

What does this even mean then? You say you don't want Bridges and yet you do want him? If they trade Kyrie and use some of those assests on Bridges, it would mean that they indirectly traded out of Kyrie into Bridges. So....yeah.

You're probably the only person on Mavs forums who's trying to trade Kyrie since he got here, your wrote so many **** posts about him that mods had to step in, so normaly anyone would assume you keep trying to do so. I mean you just suggested in your own post, which i quoted, that Mavs could trade Kyrie at some point.

I usually post stats to reaffirm my arguments and since you're one of the most erratic and full of nonsense posters on these Mavs forums, i specifically pointed out that Kyrie and Luka work really good together. But you couldn't figure that out on your own and your argument was "This is a childish behavior. Shameful." I mean, do you even know what that means? What is your counter argument that they DON'T work well together?

But for the sake of fun... in what way would LAC ever want to trade Kawhi and PG13??? This is not a video game, Mavs don't even have anything to trade for them anyway.

First of all stop treating everyone else like 5 years old. Be an adult and apologise for what you lied for. In the message you've quoted, I did not requested trading for Bridges. This is your evident lie.

You cannot be totally biased, and prejudiced and then blame me. Go read my message before replying. People talk about 'trading for Bridges' for THJ, who is probably a negative asset. see Pacers game... I do not think its possible. So out of 4 paragraphs you're taking one sentence and saying blatant lies about my statement. Go get help. Maybe you can ask chatGPT about what a text tries to say.

Here is the chatgpt answer for you and it only involves my 1 sentence out of 10 sentence answer in a context. Even 1 out of 10 does not show an ask for Bridges for Kyrie BS.

user:
what does this mean?
If Mavs at some point, trades Kyrie than they can use some of the contracts for a trade to a SF like Bridges.

ChatGPT
This statement outlines a hypothetical scenario concerning team management strategies within the NBA, specifically referencing the Dallas Mavericks. It's important to clarify that this is purely speculative and does not imply a recommendation for the Mavericks to proceed with such actions.

1."Mavs" refers to the Dallas Mavericks, a team in the NBA.
"2.Trades Kyrie" alludes to the possibility of the Mavericks considering a trade involving Kyrie Irving, a well-known NBA player recognized for his exceptional scoring and ball-handling. In the realm of NBA transactions, trading a player means sending him to another team in return for different assets such as other players, draft picks, or cash.
3."Use some of the contracts for a trade to a SF like Bridges" suggests that, following a hypothetical trade of Kyrie Irving, the Mavericks might explore using the financial or player assets obtained from such a trade to acquire a small forward (SF), akin to a player of Bridges' caliber—Mikal Bridges being an example, noted for his defensive skills and versatility. The term "contracts" in this context refers to the financial agreements and salary cap implications that teams navigate to make trades viable under the NBA's complex trade and salary cap regulations.

user:
Is this statement recommended to trade Kyrie?

ChatGPT
The statement does not explicitly recommend trading Kyrie Irving. Instead, it presents a hypothetical scenario where if the Dallas Mavericks decide to trade Kyrie Irving, they could leverage the contracts involved in such a trade to acquire a small forward (SF) similar to Bridges. It outlines a possible strategic move without directly advising the Mavericks to proceed with the trade.

So GTFO with your nonsense stats, prejudice and all. Read the discussion and quotations all together.
If some people talk about trading Bridges, I can discuss about this which does not mean I want Bridges for Kyrie.

I did not suggest trading Kyrie for Kawhi is feasible. You're still acting with huge dishonesty here. My statement is that Kawhi would be better with Luka than Kyrie.
- not that I like Bridges, I want Bridges for Kyrie deal.
- not that it's easy to trade Kawhi for Kyrie.

+ If you want, you can say Kawhi is a better fit than Kyrie but we cannot afford it, that's fine.
+ You may argue Kyrie is a better fit that's fine too.

Don't act like 5 year old, and stop lying to win a fabricated argument.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#66 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 am

I know it's not easy to eat a crow... Take your time buddy...
Archx
RealGM

Post#67 » by Archx » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:32 am

ozwizard8 wrote:First of all stop treating everyone else like 5 years old. Be an adult and apologise for what you lied for. In the message you've quoted, I did not requested trading for Bridges. This is your evident lie.

I'm going to say only few things before i put you back on to my ignore list and i don't have to read your posts again.

I have NEVER gotten such a response back to a simple post about one specific player as you just posted back TWICE. Clearly you have issues whenever Kyrie is brought up.

You called me childish twice with a dumbest argument that you can find. So whatever you have going on in your life, take it out on someone else or learn to act like an adult. I'm 40yo i'm not a kid, i have ZERO intentions to argue with someone who has such immature responses.

I answered you TWICE why i quoted and WHY i responded to you the way i did. You could have simply said, "hey i didn't mean it like that and simply re-explain your reasonings". But no, you responded in a way that made me think you have some mental issues and i'm not going debate about this any further. If you think your way or responding to anyone who doesn't agree with you like this is fine, then ok, go ahead talk like that but i'm done with you.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#68 » by arkuo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:41 pm

DSJ hasn't worked out well with Kevin Ollie (new coach) so far. He's been benched and playing even less minutes than before. I think he only played 6 minutes in the last game. Slim chance Nets waive him, but if they do, Luka needs to be on the phone as soon as possible.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,435

Post#69 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 am

Mavs need to add 4 mil in salary next year, they don't have enough matching salary, just sign any player, stay below tax this year, and have 4 mils next year.
I really want to rarget Sexton, THJ + small contract gets you there, having undersized scorer next to Luka/Exum isn't bad and he can score.
Luka/Exum
Kyrie/Sexton/Hardy
Green/DJJ
PJ/Maxi/OMax
Lively/Gafford
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:08 am

Mavrelous wrote:Mavs need to add 4 mil in salary next year, they don't have enough matching salary, just sign any player, stay below tax this year, and have 4 mils next year.
I really want to rarget Sexton, THJ + small contract gets you there, having undersized scorer next to Luka/Exum isn't bad and he can score.
Luka/Exum
Kyrie/Sexton/Hardy
Green/DJJ
PJ/Maxi/OMax
Lively/Gafford

Mav, i don't think you wanna see the trio Sexton-Kyrie-Luka on the court... Because it will happen if Nico trade for him.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,500

Post#71 » by Maverick41 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:02 am

Marcus Morris just got bought out from SA.

I'm not really a fan of him but he's PF insurance in case 1 of PJ or Maxi get injured. He's a shell of himself but still a solid shooter that has size. Plus you can have both Morris twins to distract Jokic and hopefully take him off his game a bit if we get into a series with DEN :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#72 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:04 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Mavs need to add 4 mil in salary next year, they don't have enough matching salary, just sign any player, stay below tax this year, and have 4 mils next year.
Luka/Exum
Kyrie/Sexton/Hardy
Green/DJJ
PJ/Maxi/OMax
Lively/Gafford

Mav, i don't think you wanna see the trio Sexton-Kyrie-Luka on the court... Because it will happen if Nico trade for him.

His defense sucks, but Mavs lack scoring, and he's Kyrie injury insurance, much better fit than THJ.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#73 » by arkuo » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:54 pm

If somehow Dallas converts THJ + Josh Green into Andrew Wiggins in the summer, is that an upgrade?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:08 pm

arkuo wrote:If somehow Dallas converts THJ + Josh Green into Andrew Wiggins in the summer, is that an upgrade?

Wiggins has a red flag on his head big like Jason Kidd ego...
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#75 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:20 am

Yes, Wiggins makes no sense to me.
At this point we''re probably waiting for a star talent to become available. Otherwise, we upgrade our role players, and bench.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#76 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:22 am

Losing thj and Green at this point is addition by subtraction
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,931

Post#77 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:28 pm

I'm trading Maxi and THJ for a bag of potato chips, just so Kidd can't play them both 25 minutes a game. I'm fine with losing Green as well.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#78 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:04 pm

As expected Mavs cincerted Lawson into standard contract.
Good for the kid, will make enough money to have some financial security for the next few years.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:03 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I'm trading Maxi and THJ for a bag of potato chips, just so Kidd can't play them both 25 minutes a game. I'm fine with losing Green as well.

I think most fans are okay to lose, or trade most of the players not named Luka and Lively.
Green or PJ Washington? Is there any difference of your feeling? Would you be so upset if PJ got traded?

THJ is atrocious since the trade deadline. He always has been a weak link. He is not a scorer that adds +15 to Luka. He only works with specific shots and he apparently needs 20-30 mpg to become efficient since he is a rhythm shooter.

Let's remember that the Mavs WCF run came without THJ. I mean Mavs were still paying him :lol:
Its really **** up. Trading DFS, not signing Brunson... Dinwiddie wasn't a great player. But similar to Exum, he fit into his role next to Luka. Dinwiddie was adding sth to Luka-centric game. THJ doesn't do that, and a defensive-rebounding liability most of the time. He gave free lanes for layups in the 4th quarter. If Kyrie or Luka does that, we can say at least those are offensive juggernauts. But THJ??

Seriously play Green at SG, he can make open 3s and finish some transition plays anyway. At least we would get plus defender for that position.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#80 » by Teffer10 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:11 am

Mavrelous wrote:As expected Mavs cincerted Lawson into standard contract.
Good for the kid, will make enough money to have some financial security for the next few years.

I like it.
I still think he can develop into the rotation and make Green available for a trade in the off season.

Return to Dallas Mavericks