ImageImageImage

Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread 

Post#201 » by Maverick41 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 pm

dygaction wrote:Where is the Mavs' source coming from? Have to assume THJ not here anymore, but not even sure Klay is an upgrade at this stage. That 0/10 in a critical play-in game makes Maxi a sharp shooter.

DAL is always used by agents and "sources" to pump up the value of free agents.

If a THJ for SnT Klay is on the table (or if it's legal with their cap?), I think it needs to at least be considered. I think it's hard to argue that Klay isn't an "upgrade" over THJ. This "cooked" or "terrible" year by Klay that everyone says would literally be THJ's best statistical season. They're not at the same level, even at Klay's current age. I still think Klay can be a 6th man or a Miami Ray Allen type guy on a championship team.

The worry for me isn't that I don't think Klay is better then THJ. The worry is that I think we can get a bigger upgrade with THJ expring + FRP(s). If we trade THJ for him, we lose that solid matching expiring salary and would be pretty much stuck with the roster.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#202 » by Maverick41 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:56 pm

Read on Twitter

In case anyone forgot how bad THJ has been during this long break.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,112

Post#203 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:03 am

Maverick41 wrote:
dygaction wrote:Where is the Mavs' source coming from? Have to assume THJ not here anymore, but not even sure Klay is an upgrade at this stage. That 0/10 in a critical play-in game makes Maxi a sharp shooter.

DAL is always used by agents and "sources" to pump up the value of free agents.

If a THJ for SnT Klay is on the table (or if it's legal with their cap?), I think it needs to at least be considered. I think it's hard to argue that Klay isn't an "upgrade" over THJ. This "cooked" or "terrible" year by Klay that everyone says would literally be THJ's best statistical season. They're not at the same level, even at Klay's current age. I still think Klay can be a 6th man or a Miami Ray Allen type guy on a championship team.

The worry for me isn't that I don't think Klay is better then THJ. The worry is that I think we can get a bigger upgrade with THJ expring + FRP(s). If we trade THJ for him, we lose that solid matching expiring salary and would be pretty much stuck with the roster.

When Nico's phone display says GSW. He should just hang up. The end.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#204 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:05 am

daoneandonly wrote:If Sac decides to blow things up a bit and trade Sobanis, would you guys do a swap of Lively for Keegan Murray? Not sure who ahs more value as I tend to favor our guys, but Keegan would be a great fit at SF in the starting 5. WOuld hate to lose Derrick as he's shown he is a legit force, but have to give to get. But we still desperately need another big, so if trading Green gets u that, may be worth considering.

Murray yes.
Sabonis hell no.

And we don't give away our all time best center for fake tough white guy who cannot rebound against Looney.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#205 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:06 am

dygaction wrote:Doubt Warriors would be willing to pay hefty luxury tax next year, meaning Wiggins and Draymond may be on the trade market, Klay and CP3 (waived) can be on the free agent market.

They can all rot on their bench. We don't want their trash.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#206 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 am

dygaction wrote:Watching NOP@GSW, either Trey Murphy III or Herbert Jones... really good

We get one of them. We win championship.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#207 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:10 am

I would evaluate the possibility to trade our trash for Ingram. I know he is a choker, but his trade value is at all time low right now. If he does not fit, we can easily flip him for something better.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,266

Post#208 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 am

GermanFan120 wrote:I would evaluate the possibility to trade our trash for Ingram. I know he is a choker, but his trade value is at all time low right now. If he does not fit, we can easily flip him for something better.

I would go for that, I don't see New Orleans taking our trash for him though they can do better.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#209 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:45 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:I would evaluate the possibility to trade our trash for Ingram. I know he is a choker, but his trade value is at all time low right now. If he does not fit, we can easily flip him for something better.

I would go for that, I don't see New Orleans taking our trash for him though they can do better.

THJ is expiring. He is the new Dchip contract now.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#210 » by Maverick41 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 am

Ingram doesn't make sense with Luka and Kyrie as he needs the ball to be effective. He's also not a good defender even with his great length, especially when he's not engaged offensively.

Also Pels could demand a much better trade package for him then whatever the Mavs can give anyway.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,851

Post#211 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 am

Sabonis hell no
Ingram just for cheap (but in FIBA games or PO you can see how he is overrated)
Keegan Murray will be a good (maybe great )basketball player but i don't think Sacramento will trade him honestly.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#212 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:If Sac decides to blow things up a bit and trade Sobanis, would you guys do a swap of Lively for Keegan Murray? Not sure who ahs more value as I tend to favor our guys, but Keegan would be a great fit at SF in the starting 5. WOuld hate to lose Derrick as he's shown he is a legit force, but have to give to get. But we still desperately need another big, so if trading Green gets u that, may be worth considering.

Murray yes.
Sabonis hell no.

And we don't give away our all time best center for fake tough white guy who cannot rebound against Looney.

No I don't want Sabonis. I meant if Sac traded him to another team they'd need a center. Then should we do Lively for Murray in that example
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 am

daoneandonly wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

Murray yes.
Sabonis hell no.

No I don't want Sabonis. I meant if Sac traded him to another team they'd need a center. Then should we do Lively for Murray in that example

It took mavs a million years to find a true talent on the center position and not mentioning we wasted a whole season last year to get Lively.

Lively is not going anywhere unless we can get amazing talent in return such as Mikal Bridges. Murray is nice, but Lively is worth so much more right now.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,258

Post#214 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 am

Stupid Drum almost injured Caruso... Need to inspect Caruso and Bogdan this game.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#215 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:33 am

dygaction wrote:Stupid Drum almost injured Caruso... Need to inspect Caruso and Bogdan this game.

We don't need neither.

Caruso too undersized.
Bogdan can give us 15 points while giving away 14 points. No thanks.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#216 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
dygaction wrote:Stupid Drum almost injured Caruso... Need to inspect Caruso and Bogdan this game.

We don't need neither.

Caruso too undersized.

Either would be a big upgrade. Caruso is the best 3&D for 1&2 in the league of what we envision the ceiling of Josh. Bogdan is a richman's THJ.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#217 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 am

dygaction wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

We don't need neither.

Caruso too undersized.

Either would be a big upgrade. Caruso is the best 3&D for 1&2 in the league of what we envision the ceiling of Josh. Bogdan is a richman's THJ.

Bogdan is only slightly better than THJ on a 4 year contract just as fat as THJ's. And he is 31 years old. HELL NO.

On the other hand, since you mentioned Green, I am willing to flip him for Caruso. Anyone with some basketball IQ is almost better than Green. LOL
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,507

Post#218 » by Mavrelous » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 am

GermanFan120 wrote:Bogdan is only slightly better than THJ on a 4 year contract just as fat as THJ's. And he is 31 years old. HELL NO.

On the other hand, since you mentioned Green, I am willing to flip him for Caruso. Anyone with some basketball IQ is almost better than Green. LOL

He's much better than THJ offensively, Bogi is a good player.
When the Hawks made their run back in 21, people were wondering if he was actually better than Trae, this year, when Trae went down Hawks played much better.
If Hawks blow it up, Bogi will be in very high demand.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#219 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:18 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
dygaction wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

We don't need neither.

Caruso too undersized.

Bogdan is only slightly better than THJ on a 4 year contract just as fat as THJ's. And he is 31 years old. HELL NO.

lol, while I am not that low on Green, Caruso is one of the ultimate combo 3&d guards pursued by the entire league for whom the Bulls demand asset + 1st pick, not just reluctant upgrade...

Agree Bogdan might not be ideal with his age and contract. He is significantly better in consistency, bbiq, handling and playmaking than THJ. THJ has been consistently #1 on Mavs in drawing charges, maybe his D is not appreciated enough :)
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#220 » by Maverick41 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 am

dygaction wrote:lol, while I am not that low on Green, Caruso is one of the ultimate combo 3&d guards pursued by the entire league for whom the Bulls demand asset + 1st pick, not just reluctant upgrade...

Agree Bogdan might not be ideal with his age and contract. He is significantly better in consistency, bbiq, handling and playmaking than THJ. THJ has been consistently #1 on Mavs in drawing charges, maybe his D is not appreciated enough :)

Add Caruso and Bogdan in exchange for THJ and Green and we're serious contenders. Bogdan would be the runaway 6th man of the year if ATL was decent while Caruso is the best POA defender in the NBA at the guard position.

But to the last point, I'll give credit to THJ that he's one of the most willing guys in the NBA to sacrifice his body for charges. He was even doing it after coming back from a back injury which is admirable. Everything else he does defensively though is laughably bad. I still am baffled that Kidd often puts him in during defensive possessions.

Return to Dallas Mavericks