ImageImageImage

Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread 

Post#161 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:12 am

Bogdan is THJ with IQ and ballhandling... He is an huge upgrade.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#162 » by MassimoPayne » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:44 am

It would be a dream, but I guess ATL would get better offers tbh
Jg41
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#163 » by Jg41 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:21 am

Who says no?

ORL Receives: T. Hardaway Jr. / J. Green / L. Nance Jr. / ‘26 1st Rd Swap (Via DAL) / (2) 2nd Rd Picks (Via DAL) / ~7.1M Cash (Via DAL)

NO Receives: W. Carter Jr. / M. Kleber / ‘25 Unprotected 1st (Via DAL) / ‘31 Top-10 Protected 1st (Via DAL) / (2) 2nd Rd Picks (Via DAL)

DAL Receives: J. Isaac / H. Jones

Dallas sheds nearly 10 million in payroll and opens up close to the full MLE in order to retain DJJ at 3/30 (this is unfortunately what he’ll cost now after this year’s deep postseason run). Rotationally, we effectively replace Tim w/Jaden (upgrade); Josh w/Herb (upgrade); and Maxi w/Jonathan (upgrade). We then resign Morris for continuity and chemistry and poke around for a 5th guard. In any event, if we do actually replace THJ with Hardy, it’d be wise to extend him this summer for cheap before his value skyrockets (3/25?). Adding two All-NBA defenders to this team would give us a top 5 defense to go along with our (inevitable) top 5 offense.

By moving on from Herb, New Orleans commits to Dyson and Murphy as rotational mainstays while acquiring a young center and a healthy (perhaps too healthy) bundle of picks in the process. Those picks will come in handy when the time comes for them to package them with McCollum in order to acquire his soon-to-be-necessary replacement. Maxi is an admitted downgrade from Nance, but he’ll play a similar role for them at a similar price.

Finally, Orlando balances out its roster by adding much needed shooting. THJ and Nance replace Harris and Isaac, respectively, which will provide a net boost to their offense. They commit to a versatile Mo/Goga/Nance center rotation while adding another athletic guard to their core in Josh. Some modest draft capital and cash considerations should offset the payroll increase.

Mavs’ payroll would be about 2ish million below the 1st Apron (~176M) with the following 14 on the books:

PG: L. Doncic (36) / D. Exum (12)
SG: K. Irving (36) / J. Hardy (20) / A. Lawson
SF: H. Jones (30) / D. Jones Jr. (16) / O. Prosper
PF: P. Washington (30) / J. Isaac (16) / M. Morris
C: D. Gafford (24) / D. Lively (20) / D. Powell
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#164 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:40 am

Mavrelous wrote:
StoneIsland wrote:Can we replace THJ with Bogdan Bogdanovic? He just got into heated argument with Snyder and went face to face with him. Doubt he will be a Hawk next season and honestly he is better than THJ. Just as good shooter (not hot - cold all the time like THJ), better defender and better ballhandler. Not to mention the benefits Luka would have since they both are from Balkan and are good friends.

I wish, if ATL blows it up then he should be primary target, the perfect bench scorer and injury insurance behind Luka and Kyrie.

Yea don't think Atl would do it. But wow, never thought I'd see a post where Bogdan is mentioned as better than someone else as a defender.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#165 » by Maverick41 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:31 pm

I like Bogdanovic here too but I 'm pretty sure ATL would ask for extra incentive. I'm sure no one here wants to give a FRP just for him but what about something like the following:

DAL Receives: Hunter + Bogdanovic
ATL Receives: THJ + Green + Filler + 25 FRP (top 5 protected)

DAL gets another talent boost. Luka/Kyrie/Hunter/PJ/Gafford with Exum/Bogdan/DJJ/Lively off the bench is absolutely a contender if healthy.

ATL gets a clean slate contract-wise + a FRP.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,235

Post#166 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:19 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Skybox wrote:WCJ to DAL for Gafford.

Lively & Gafford are very similar in their skillsets and limitations. Lively is on a rookie deal and has higher upside. WCJ at 4 would be physical, grab 10+ rpg while Lively contests everything. On the other end, WCJ spreads the floor, attacks close outs, runs PnR…but mostly provides the spacing their guards need. I believe WCJ would jump in ppg & rpg in DAL…and he’s actually younger than Gafford. They have nearly identical deals with 2 more years each. Obviously, Carter also spends time at the 5, creating all sorts of combos with Washington, Maxi, and Powell.

Gafford fits right between Paolo & Franz and basically provides nearly everything Claxton would at 60% of the likely salary. ORL retains a ton of cap space and picks to solidify the backcourt. WCJ’s versatility is under emphasized in ORL’s fronrcourt…I think he’s got more value, all-around, than Gafford…but fit is better for both in this trade.

Mavs won't do it, but I'm not so sure it wouldn't be a good move.

It will depend on how we do in the POs, but the Mavs might have to think about moving Gafford or Lively if none of our wings step up to the next level.
Lively and Gafford can't play together but Lively and WCJ might be able to. PJ could move to SF.

Don't think we need another career 33% 3pt shooter to spread the floor. Might be interested if JJJ is available to collect an all Jr. supporting cast and he can actually spread the floor.
THJ/DJJ/PJWJ/JJJ/Lively II
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#167 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:31 pm

Jg41 wrote:Who says no?

ORL Receives: T. Hardaway Jr. / J. Green / L. Nance Jr. / ‘26 1st Rd Swap (Via DAL) / (2) 2nd Rd Picks (Via DAL) / ~7.1M Cash (Via DAL)

NO Receives: W. Carter Jr. / M. Kleber / ‘25 Unprotected 1st (Via DAL) / ‘31 Top-10 Protected 1st (Via DAL) / (2) 2nd Rd Picks (Via DAL)

DAL Receives: J. Isaac / H. Jones

Dallas sheds nearly 10 million in payroll and opens up close to the full MLE in order to retain DJJ at 3/30 (this is unfortunately what he’ll cost now after this year’s deep postseason run). Rotationally, we effectively replace Tim w/Jaden (upgrade); Josh w/Herb (upgrade); and Maxi w/Jonathan (upgrade). We then resign Morris for continuity and chemistry and poke around for a 5th guard. In any event, if we do actually replace THJ with Hardy, it’d be wise to extend him this summer for cheap before his value skyrockets (3/25?). Adding two All-NBA defenders to this team would give us a top 5 defense to go along with our (inevitable) top 5 offense.

By moving on from Herb, New Orleans commits to Dyson and Murphy as rotational mainstays while acquiring a young center and a healthy (perhaps too healthy) bundle of picks in the process. Those picks will come in handy when the time comes for them to package them with McCollum in order to acquire his soon-to-be-necessary replacement. Maxi is an admitted downgrade from Nance, but he’ll play a similar role for them at a similar price.

Finally, Orlando balances out its roster by adding much needed shooting. THJ and Nance replace Harris and Isaac, respectively, which will provide a net boost to their offense. They commit to a versatile Mo/Goga/Nance center rotation while adding another athletic guard to their core in Josh. Some modest draft capital and cash considerations should offset the payroll increase.

Mavs’ payroll would be about 2ish million below the 1st Apron (~176M) with the following 14 on the books:

PG: L. Doncic (36) / D. Exum (12)
SG: K. Irving (36) / J. Hardy (20) / A. Lawson
SF: H. Jones (30) / D. Jones Jr. (16) / O. Prosper
PF: P. Washington (30) / J. Isaac (16) / M. Morris
C: D. Gafford (24) / D. Lively (20) / D. Powell

The two teams losing two all-nba defenders... but Nico should get Nobel Prize for pulling that off
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,642

Post#168 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:37 am

dygaction wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Skybox wrote:WCJ to DAL for Gafford.

Lively & Gafford are very similar in their skillsets and limitations. Lively is on a rookie deal and has higher upside. WCJ at 4 would be physical, grab 10+ rpg while Lively contests everything. On the other end, WCJ spreads the floor, attacks close outs, runs PnR…but mostly provides the spacing their guards need. I believe WCJ would jump in ppg & rpg in DAL…and he’s actually younger than Gafford. They have nearly identical deals with 2 more years each. Obviously, Carter also spends time at the 5, creating all sorts of combos with Washington, Maxi, and Powell.

Gafford fits right between Paolo & Franz and basically provides nearly everything Claxton would at 60% of the likely salary. ORL retains a ton of cap space and picks to solidify the backcourt. WCJ’s versatility is under emphasized in ORL’s fronrcourt…I think he’s got more value, all-around, than Gafford…but fit is better for both in this trade.

Mavs won't do it, but I'm not so sure it wouldn't be a good move.

It will depend on how we do in the POs, but the Mavs might have to think about moving Gafford or Lively if none of our wings step up to the next level.
Lively and Gafford can't play together but Lively and WCJ might be able to. PJ could move to SF.

Don't think we need another career 33% 3pt shooter to spread the floor. Might be interested if JJJ is available to collect an all Jr. supporting cast and he can actually spread the floor.

Good news…you don’t have to inherit his career stats…just what he’s doing now. He’s become a very capable 3pt shooter.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#169 » by dygaction » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:32 am

Skybox wrote:
dygaction wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Mavs won't do it, but I'm not so sure it wouldn't be a good move.

Good news…you don’t have to inherit his career stats…just what he’s doing now. He’s become a very capable 3pt shooter.

Well, then Mavs should stick with their 25.7 PER, 75.6TS%, .265WS/48, +5.9BMP new starting center.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#170 » by MassimoPayne » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:02 am

Is there any decent 10 day contract backup big out there?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Post#171 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:09 am

Sign Boban!!!
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,455

Post#172 » by Mavrelous » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:04 am

Free at last!!!
Read on Twitter
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#173 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:12 pm

If Arod and his partner end up getting the Wolves and they want to cut payroll as rumored, we need to put our chips in on Jaden McDaniels.Superb defender and fits so well with the SL
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#174 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:54 pm

If Jimmy Butler wants to team up with Luka and Heat would not mind, would you be interested in him and his contract?

25: $48,8M, 26: $52,4M player option

say with THJ, Maxi, Green, OMax, plus picks
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#175 » by dygaction » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:30 am

daoneandonly wrote:If Arod and his partner end up getting the Wolves and they want to cut payroll as rumored, we need to put our chips in on Jaden McDaniels.Superb defender and fits so well with the SL

They may want to send Jaden to the east or bad teams than giving the most needs to Mavs and making competitor stronger, but we never know given OKC gifted us Gafford who could have tremendously helped them.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#176 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:39 am

dygaction wrote:If Jimmy Butler wants to team up with Luka and Heat would not mind, would you be interested in him and his contract?

Why would Heat agree to that? Of course I would say yes. I've already said I think we're possibly a dynasty with a top 15 SF which Butler is.

I'm not sure how we have a first round pick available but I could be wrong. I thought we couldn't trade picks in two consecutive years and we're giving Knicks our 1st for Porzingis trade this year, that cancels out 25, and I think we traded all others until 31. But again I could be mistaken.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#177 » by dygaction » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:08 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
dygaction wrote:If Jimmy Butler wants to team up with Luka and Heat would not mind, would you be interested in him and his contract?

Why would Heat agree to that? Of course I would say yes. I've already said I think we're possibly a dynasty with a top 15 SF which Butler is.

I'm not sure how we have a first round pick available but I could be wrong. I thought we couldn't trade picks in two consecutive years and we're giving Knicks our 1st for Porzingis trade this year, that cancels out 25, and I think we traded all others until 31. But again I could be mistaken.

I believe Mavs have two 1st and four 2nd available for trade this summer.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#178 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:10 am

I'll believe a star player wants to come to Dallas when I see it. I've already lived through the plan powder disaster and that was after winning a championship. No one wanted to come to Dallas. They also tried it with Luka at first and it didn't work.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#179 » by Maverick41 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:36 am

daoneandonly wrote:If Arod and his partner end up getting the Wolves and they want to cut payroll as rumored, we need to put our chips in on Jaden McDaniels.Superb defender and fits so well with the SL

He's one of my top guys on my radar too. Maybe something like the following:

DAL Receives: McDaniels + NAW
MIN Receives: THJ + J. Green + 25 FRP (top 10 protected)

DAL gets a all defensive wing in McDaniels and a good defender at the guard position in NAW. Add a good shooter in the offseason and we're set. Luka/Kyrie/McDaniels/PJ/Gafford with Exum/NAW/DJJ/Maxi/Lively off the bench is scary good defensively.

MIN gets out of McDaniels's giant contract. They get Green at half the cost of McDaniels and an expiring THJ who can provide the offense they desperately need off the bench. They can let THJ expire the following offseason to get major cap relief. They also get a FRP which they actually need so they can add cheap, young and cost controlled assets to fill their bench.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 966

Post#180 » by tleikheen » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 am

Maybe it hasnt dawned on some of you but we dont want "OLD" guys , Jimmy Butler is 34 years old this year . Just look at this years trades .Gafford and PJ are 25 years old and the Mavs have suddenly transformed into a legitimate contender .

When it comes to need the Mavs should still look for the 6'9 to 7''0 PF type.

Return to Dallas Mavericks