And1: 3,048

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread 

Post#221 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Murray yes.
Sabonis hell no.

And we don't give away our all time best center for fake tough white guy who cannot rebound against Looney.

No I don't want Sabonis. I meant if Sac traded him to another team they'd need a center. Then should we do Lively for Murray in that example

It took mavs a million years to find a true talent on the center position and not mentioning we wasted a whole season last year to get Lively.

Lively is not going anywhere unless we can get amazing talent in return such as Mikal Bridges. Murray is nice, but Lively is worth so much more right now.

Yea i actually tend to agree. I really like D Live and hope he's the starter next year. We just need to make sure we somehow address the SF spot. DJJ has been awesome, but a true starter plus him would do wonders.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,124

Post#222 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 pm

I feel like some amazing elite SF are more available than we think on the trade market.

For example:
Grant from Blazers
Mikal Bridges via a blockbuster trade
Ingram
Cameron Johnson
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,373

Post#223 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:I feel like some amazing elite SF are more available than we think on the trade market.

For example:
Grant from Blazers
Ingram
Cameron Johnson

Forget Bridges, Nets turned down Rockets who offered them Jalen Green + multiple first round picks. We can't even match that, and they said no. Jerami Grant would be interesting.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#224 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:I feel like some amazing elite SF are more available than we think on the trade market.

For example:
Grant from Blazers
Ingram
Cameron Johnson

Forget Bridges, Nets turned down Rockets who offered them Jalen Green + multiple first round picks. We can't even match that, and they said no. Jerami Grant would be interesting.

If we could somehow get CamJo for THJ/Green, I think thats the avenue to go. BKN would only do it for the expiring of THJ and if they think Green has upside
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 851

Post#225 » by Teffer10 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 pm

It amazes me how players who are considered scrubs and garbage all of the sudden become positive trade assets.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#226 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 pm

Teffer10 wrote:It amazes me how players who are considered scrubs and garbage all of the sudden become positive trade assets.

But there's truth to it especially when you throw in a 1st round pick. We upgraded from Richaun Holmes who was getting no playing time to Daniel Gafford, and we traded Grant Williams and Seth Curry for PJ Washington. The only player we traded away I could see having some value was Grant Williams and he was de-valued in Dallas.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#227 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm

Teffer10 wrote:It amazes me how players who are considered scrubs and garbage all of the sudden become positive trade assets.

I guess it depends on who in question. I dont think anyone considers Green or THJ positive, but a guy like CamJo has such a high variance of opinion. SOme think he's way overpaid and thereby negative, some think he's still pretty valuable.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,018

Post#228 » by Archx » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:46 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Lively is not going anywhere unless we can get amazing talent in return such as Mikal Bridges. Murray is nice, but Lively is worth so much more right now.

Lively will retire as a Maverick. He'll never get traded. They are investing way too much into him and will do anything to re-sign him. You guys are probably not aware what kind of monster this guy will be after 3 or 4 years. Centers usually take longer to develop but Lively has already been incredible on defense and he's barely scratching the surface.

Injuries though are the only thing that can slow him down but that's true for any player.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#229 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Yea Lively is great, the player and by all accounts the person. I only brought it up if an equally impactful wing were to become available via trade. WOuld love to see D Live be a Mav fixture for years
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#230 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:

For example:
Grant from Blazers
Ingram
Cameron Johnson

Might not be the same case after Nets had a failed season.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,287

Post#231 » by dygaction » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

For example:
Grant from Blazers
Ingram
Cameron Johnson

If we could somehow get CamJo for THJ/Green, I think thats the avenue to go. BKN would only do it for the expiring of THJ and if they think Green has upside

Mikal Bridges got in the league 1 year earlier than CamJo but has played 190 more games. They both earn ~$23M/yr but Cam's more like $33M/yr considering he only plays ~56 games a year, like Porzingis with Mavs.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#232 » by Teffer10 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am

daoneandonly wrote:

I guess it depends on who in question. I dont think anyone considers Green or THJ positive, but a guy like CamJo has such a high variance of opinion. SOme think he's way overpaid and thereby negative, some think he's still pretty valuable.

So we're trading Green for another scrub and garbage player.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#233 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 am

Archx wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Lively is not going anywhere unless we can get amazing talent in return such as Mikal Bridges. Murray is nice, but Lively is worth so much more right now.

Lively will retire as a Maverick.

:o That may be premature. What if he improves and we can trade him for AD or something? They'd have to say yes to that.

What if he gets pissed off at the Mavs and wants to leave? He's just a rookie.

Having said that, he does have a promising future and most likely it'll be here unless a trade comes along that blows us away, but it's kinda rare that players play on one team their whole careers these days.

Only issue I could see if him and Gafford both play well can we afford both of their next contracts? Most likely though Lively would stay and Gafford goes I would bet.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,018

Post#234 » by Archx » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Archx wrote:

:o That may be premature. What if he improves and we can trade him for AD or something? They'd have to say yes to that.

If Lakers add Bronny on top then yes, otherwise I'm not trading him for glass cannon AD, no chance :P

This guy is already a Wemby stopper and i have a feeling he will rule the paint for years to come. He's a perfect lob threat next to Gafford for Luka and still incredibly young.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#235 » by GermanFan120 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Archx wrote:

What if he gets pissed off at the Mavs and wants to leave? He's just a rookie.

Having said that, he does have a promising future and most likely it'll be here unless a trade comes along that blows us away, but it's kinda rare that players play on one team their whole careers these days.

Only issue I could see if him and Gafford both play well can we afford both of their next contracts? Most likely though Lively would stay and Gafford goes I would bet.

I don't want AD even if he is free. Mavs don't need pussie like AD.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,287

Post#236 » by dygaction » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:07 pm

THJ and Green for CJ, who says no?
If CJ accepts to come off the bench, Mavs get a super 6th @ 30min per game with playmaking; NOP shed off his contract with THJ expiring and Green's friendlier one.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#237 » by Teffer10 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 am

We desperately need a starting SF so I'd rather move THJ and Green to address that need first.
I still think Wiggins would be ideal and achievable because he can provide on both ends.

Hopefully Prosper will de eop into that role but that could take a few years.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,583

Post#238 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 am

Teffer10 wrote:We desperately need a starting SF so I'd rather move THJ and Green to address that need first.
I still think Wiggins would be ideal and achievable because he can provide on both ends.

Hopefully Prosper will de eop into that role but that could take a few years.

I don't believe Warriors have any kind of interest for those 2.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,519

Post#239 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:35 am

I really want a deep playoff run, but if Mavs lose to the Clippers, get JJ Reddick...
Brilliant basketball mind, on good terms with everyone in the league, killer, and will know to attract proper personnel.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,851

Post#240 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am

Mavrelous wrote:I really want a deep playoff run, but if Mavs lose to the Clippers, get JJ Reddick...
Brilliant basketball mind, on good terms with everyone in the league, killer, and will know to attract proper personnel.

With Luka in his prime i don't want a rookie coach, we need a well prepared coach.

And no puppets like Kidd or Rivers.

Return to Dallas Mavericks