ImageImageImage

Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread 

Post#81 » by Teffer10 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:09 pm

Who is Alex Fudge and what does he bring?
Seems like a young version of DJJ or another OMax from the few highlight vids I watched.
Not very skilled offensively.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#82 » by arkuo » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:40 pm

Time to consolidate contracts.

Since Nico sent out all our picks, time to go all in now. THJ's expiring + Josh Green + Maxi for Jerami Grant. That's a really tall lineup with Grant, Washington and Lively.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Post#83 » by Teffer10 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:54 pm

arkuo wrote:Time to consolidate contracts.

Since Nico sent out all our picks, time to go all in now. THJ's expiring + Josh Green + Maxi for Jerami Grant. That's a really tall lineup with Grant, Washington and Lively.

I think it would take more than that.
I'm not sure throwing in Prosper would even get them to bite.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#84 » by arkuo » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:15 pm

Teffer10 wrote:

I think it depends on what Portland's goals are. If they intend to build around Scoot, then THJ's expiring wipes out Grant''s contract in a single move.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#85 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:15 am

arkuo wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

I think it depends on what Portland's goals are. If they intend to build around Scoot, then THJ's expiring wipes out Grant''s contract in a single move.

THJ/Maxi/Green/O-max +FRP25 for Grant/Thybulle...
1+1=11
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 928

Post#86 » by Captain_Obvious » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:19 am

I was just thinking about us trading away all picks and swaps until 2030: Is it possible the team plans for the 2nd apron next season - going all in with Luka? They will have 2 firsts in hand to upgrade - and maybe they look to add high salary talent?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#87 » by Archx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:47 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:I was just thinking about us trading away all picks and swaps until 2030: Is it possible the team plans for the 2nd apron next season - going all in with Luka? They will have 2 firsts in hand to upgrade - and maybe they look to add high salary talent?

I think they can only do 1st 2026 swap. They basically are already all in with Gaff and PJ trades plus with Kyrie's new contract.

The real tradeable assests will be THJ's expiring, Hardy, Green and maybe OMax. Not sure teams will bite on any other players while Lively is basically untouchable.

I think the only thing holding back Mavs is they miss a player like Jason Terry from the bench, if they can find one to replace THJ then this team will be incredibly dangerous with a full off season and better chemistry. PJ improves his shooting and he'll be a huge upgrade over DFS, while Lively keeps developing. Question marks are DJJ and Maxi, what to do with them. We'll see after playoffs, it's hard to say right now.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#88 » by Maverick41 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:55 am

What's the temperature on someone like Cam Johnson? Would THJ + filler for Cam Johnson work? BRK can then go all in on 2025 free agency where they would have max cap room to try and get Mitchell or someone else. Filler can be someone like OMax, Hardy, Powell, etc. We get a high level shooter that has a lot of experience playing off stars. He also has size and can sort of fit that MPJ type role here.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,439

Post#89 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:01 am

Maverick41 wrote:What's the temperature on someone like Cam Johnson? Would THJ + filler for Cam Johnson work? BRK can then go all in on 2025 free agency where they would have max cap room to try and get Mitchell or someone else. Filler can be someone like OMax, Hardy, Powell, etc. We get a high level shooter that has a lot of experience playing off stars. He also has size and can sort of fit that MPJ type role here.

THJ + Powell + 25 1st should do it, it's a good target, better than Jerami Grant, Mavs really lack scoring and shooting, last thing you'd expect them to lack in the last 6 years, it'd have to be package deal where they also dump DFS and clear cap space in 25.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 959

Post#90 » by tleikheen » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:50 am

Its not about trades this summer ,its about letting go of the past.

Replacements are in place already ..... OMax can and should replace Maxi Kleber ...... Jadon Hardy can and should replace Tim Hardaway Jr.

Neither will start but they can be highly motivated young rotation players on a team that will be a upper echelon competitor for the Championship.

The purge should include Maxi,ThJ,Powell.Morris .Leaders and veterans are already on the Mavs . Kyrie,Dante,and Luka .

Starters next year .... Luka,Kyrie,Dante, PJ, Gafford .....Lively, Green, Hardy,Omax bench squad
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 928

Post#91 » by Captain_Obvious » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:37 am

Archx wrote:
Captain_Obvious wrote:I was just thinking about us trading away all picks and swaps until 2030: Is it possible the team plans for the 2nd apron next season - going all in with Luka? They will have 2 firsts in hand to upgrade - and maybe they look to add high salary talent?

I think they can only do 1st 2026 swap. They basically are already all in with Gaff and PJ trades plus with Kyrie's new contract.

The real tradeable assests will be THJ's expiring, Hardy, Green and maybe OMax. Not sure teams will bite on any other players while Lively is basically untouchable.

I think the only thing holding back Mavs is they miss a player like Jason Terry from the bench, if they can find one to replace THJ then this team will be incredibly dangerous with a full off season and better chemistry. PJ improves his shooting and he'll be a huge upgrade over DFS, while Lively keeps developing. Question marks are DJJ and Maxi, what to do with them. We'll see after playoffs, it's hard to say right now.

I think we have 2 firsts in hand next offseason (provided we forward our 2024 first to Knicks): 2025 first and 2031 first - both tradable

So I wonder if they will put both on the table and absorb a high risk/high salary talent for expirings. E.g. Lavine? Because if we trade both picks - essentially every pick is traded or swapped - so you might es well blow into the 2nd appron. The upside being you go for glory and pay the high tax for that glory. (the gambler owner pays for it)
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,044

Post#92 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:18 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:What's the temperature on someone like Cam Johnson? Would THJ + filler for Cam Johnson work? BRK can then go all in on 2025 free agency where they would have max cap room to try and get Mitchell or someone else. Filler can be someone like OMax, Hardy, Powell, etc. We get a high level shooter that has a lot of experience playing off stars. He also has size and can sort of fit that MPJ type role here.

THJ + Powell + 25 1st should do it, it's a good target, better than Jerami Grant, Mavs really lack scoring and shooting, last thing you'd expect them to lack in the last 6 years, it'd have to be package deal where they also dump DFS and clear cap space in 25.

Id hate to give up yet another first for a a non all star lvl player, but if they'd do THJ and Green for Cam \Jo, Mavs should jump at it
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#93 » by Maverick41 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:47 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Id hate to give up yet another first for a a non all star lvl player, but if they'd do THJ and Green for Cam \Jo, Mavs should jump at it

Maybe the following:

DAL Receives: Cam Johnson + DFS
BRK Receives: THJ + Powell + 25 DAL FRP
UTA Receives: J. Green (into cap space)

DAL gets CamJo + a familiar face. Yes I know this board is split on DFS but he's still a solid wing especially if he won't be asked to do as much as he had to before. A wing rotation of DFS/CamJo/DJJ/PJ (take your pick on who starts) works and fits very well with Luka and Kyrie.

BRK goes all in on 25 FA + pick up a FRP. They also save a ton of money to give extensions to Claxton and maybe L. Walker as well.

UTA absorbs Green into the cap. They got pretty much no wings on the team and a low pressure environment might do good for Green.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,044

Post#94 » by daoneandonly » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:36 am

Maverick41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:THJ + Powell + 25 1st should do it, it's a good target, better than Jerami Grant, Mavs really lack scoring and shooting, last thing you'd expect them to lack in the last 6 years, it'd have to be package deal where they also dump DFS and clear cap space in 25.

Maybe the following:

DAL gets CamJo + a familiar face. Yes I know this board is split on DFS but he's still a solid wing especially if he won't be asked to do as much as he had to before. A wing rotation of DFS/CamJo/DJJ/PJ (take your pick on who starts) works and fits very well with Luka and Kyrie.

BRK goes all in on 25 FA + pick up a FRP. They also save a ton of money to give extensions to Claxton and maybe L. Walker as well.

UTA absorbs Green into the cap. They got pretty much no wings on the team and a low pressure environment might do good for Green.

Don't think Dallas can take on that much salary since they're giving up much less.

Love dfs, but he's not worth a 1st anymore

But Green to Utah is super intriguing. Would do that for a middling first if it were on the table
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#95 » by Maverick41 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:48 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Don't think Dallas can take on that much salary since they're giving up much less.

Love dfs, but he's not worth a 1st anymore

But Green to Utah is super intriguing. Would do that for a middling first if it were on the table

Because Green's extension kicks in, it gets very close cap-wise. Need to add a small minimum salary/rookie contract out I believe.

Doubt UTA or anyone gives a FRP straight up for Green though. Whatever GM does that right now probably needs to be drug tested.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,962

Post#96 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:54 am

Maverick41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:THJ + Powell + 25 1st should do it, it's a good target, better than Jerami Grant, Mavs really lack scoring and shooting, last thing you'd expect them to lack in the last 6 years, it'd have to be package deal where they also dump DFS and clear cap space in 25.

Maybe the following:

The 2027 first-round pick was the only one Dallas had to offer because NBA rules prohibit trading first-round picks in successive years, and the Mavericks owe the Knicks a first-rounder in 2024 or 2025 from the Kristaps Porzingis deal and Brooklyn one in 2029 from the Irving deal
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#97 » by Maverick41 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:05 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
The 2027 first-round pick was the only one Dallas had to offer because NBA rules prohibit trading first-round picks in successive years, and the Mavericks owe the Knicks a first-rounder in 2024 or 2025 from the Kristaps Porzingis deal and Brooklyn one in 2029 from the Irving deal

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure we can trade the 2025 because the 2024 one will transmit to NY this offseason barring we miss the playoffs and somehow get lucky in the lottery.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#98 » by Archx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:12 am

Maverick41 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure we can trade the 2025 because the 2024 one will transmit to NY this offseason barring we miss the playoffs and somehow get lucky in the lottery.

Maverick41
Analyst

Post#99 » by Maverick41 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 am

Archx wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Thanks, Archx. We've given up so many picks, it's hard to keep up.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,962

Post#100 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:18 am

Archx wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I thought if we gave the Knicks our 2024 which is going to happen because we're not bottom 10, we then have to draft in 2025 and can't trade it because it would be two years in a row? That's why repeatedly it was said we could only trade 2027 which we did for Washington. I never said we didn't have any picks just that we couldn't trade them.

Return to Dallas Mavericks