ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Celtics (Frid., 7:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,146

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Celtics (Frid., 7:30PMEST) 

Post#121 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:36 pm

ejs78 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:How is that working out Maxi guarding the 3? Asking for a friend.

I think I'd rather have 11 points and 8 rebounds a game.

And no I'm not saying we would have this game, however I do believe we would have beat Cleveland if they switched minutes.

Why is this so hard to understand that Im not saying Maxi is an absolute solve. All I am doing is using the logic that alot of coaches around the league use. It doesnt help that Timmy is out there with Maxi which is prolly the bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

We'll see against the Sixers if they play Gafford over Maxi you're probably right it's just certain teams but if Gaffords ends up with 7 minutes or less then I just can't understand why they even traded for him at all. Did they forget Maxi was coming back? He makes more money than Maxi and it's not like he's an expiring he's under contract for 2 more years after this season. He's too good to be in the Javale McGee role.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#122 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:44 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:How is that working out Maxi guarding the 3? Asking for a friend.

I think I'd rather have 11 points and 8 rebounds a game.

And no I'm not saying we would have this game, however I do believe we would have beat Cleveland if they switched minutes.

Why is this so hard to understand that Im not saying Maxi is an absolute solve. All I am doing is using the logic that alot of coaches around the league use. It doesnt help that Timmy is out there with Maxi which is prolly the bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

We'll see against the Sixers if they play Gafford over Maxi you're probably right it's just certain teams but if Gaffords ends up with 7 minutes or less then I just can't understand why they even traded for him at all. Did they forget Maxi was coming back? He makes more money than Maxi and it's not like he's an expiring he's under contract for 2 more years after this season. He's too good to be in the Javale McGee role.

If Maxi plays more than Gafford with Reed/Bamba getting a majority of the center mins Ill be 100% aligned with everyone else on this situation.

Lively 28-30min unless foul trouble and the other two can divide the min based on matchups is where I'm at.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#123 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:54 pm

ejs78 wrote:
tleikheen wrote:I watched Denver go into Boston where the Celtics hadnt loss a game all year and played big against them . The Nuggets say they play their game and dont worry what the other team wants to do.Nuggets led almost from start to finish.
Now I see Kidd say that boston has some troubles against smallball and say they have far and away the best BB record this year ....they dont have problems withHARDLy any teams.

Playing Maxi and THJ is playing small and trying to defend Mavs smallball is a losing battle to almost everyone here in this forum except to the one or two of Maxi's diehard defenders here.

I want to see MORE of the MAVS big lineups ,not LESS. See the Center position being ONLY Lively and Gafford and as soon as Exum is ready insert him over Green ,we need his length at the POA.

This group is hilarious.

Not one time have I come out and said Maxi is this awesome player...not once. All I have said in certain matchups Gafford isnt going to play over Maxi and thats going to continue to happen regardless what what we all think. The 3pt avalanche was from the Cs was going to happen no matter who was out there as we also saw in the first half. Maybe in another game Kidd changes what he does and plays Gafford over Maxi. Like I said in a prior comment this group really wants to see the Mavs get blown out with a Gafford 15/15/2 blks so they can go see see what he can do and completely ignore the fact they lost. Also I never defended saying Timmy should be out there.

I get that but happens when playing Maxi doesn't work?? You know,like yesterday...why is the coach being stuborn and keeps on forcing a lineup that is getting destroyed... that's just dumb decision making
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#124 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:02 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
tleikheen wrote:I watched Denver go into Boston where the Celtics hadnt loss a game all year and played big against them . The Nuggets say they play their game and dont worry what the other team wants to do.Nuggets led almost from start to finish.
Now I see Kidd say that boston has some troubles against smallball and say they have far and away the best BB record this year ....they dont have problems withHARDLy any teams.

Playing Maxi and THJ is playing small and trying to defend Mavs smallball is a losing battle to almost everyone here in this forum except to the one or two of Maxi's diehard defenders here.

I want to see MORE of the MAVS big lineups ,not LESS. See the Center position being ONLY Lively and Gafford and as soon as Exum is ready insert him over Green ,we need his length at the POA.

This group is hilarious.

Not one time have I come out and said Maxi is this awesome player...not once. All I have said in certain matchups Gafford isnt going to play over Maxi and thats going to continue to happen regardless what what we all think. The 3pt avalanche was from the Cs was going to happen no matter who was out there as we also saw in the first half. Maybe in another game Kidd changes what he does and plays Gafford over Maxi. Like I said in a prior comment this group really wants to see the Mavs get blown out with a Gafford 15/15/2 blks so they can go see see what he can do and completely ignore the fact they lost. Also I never defended saying Timmy should be out there.

I get that but happens when playing Maxi doesn't work?? You know,like yesterday...why is the coach being stuborn and keeps on forcing a lineup that is getting destroyed... that's just dumb decision making

This is where I wish Omax was ready instead of having Timmy out there with Maxi.

Anyways hopefully tomorrow is a better outcome and enjoy your day.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,001

Post#125 » by Apz » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:49 pm

Well, issue were shooting last night. We shot like 23% from 3 and they 50%. Cant win like that
AJace
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#126 » by AJace » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:45 am

ejs78 wrote:
AJace wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
No thats the point.

Youre out here acting like Gafford is prime Wilt and this game would have ended differently. This isnt a Maxi is great thread, but they did get the lead vs the Cavs with him out there before some major hot shooting took place. Do they get that lead if they play Gafford? The team has more options now and this likely what were going to see the rest of the season.

What options? It's pretty clear that when all 3 guys are healthy, it's always Lively - Maxi - Gaff in that order. Heck there was even a game or two where Maxi was #1 LOL. A good coach knows how to utilize the tools at his disposal, not opt to use his lesser tools because he's clueless on how to use the better ones. Unless my center can switch into guards like Draymond or shoot the 3 like KAT, which Maxi is neither, not even close, then I'd rather have my center do what a center does, and that's give me rebounds, blocks, and rim-runs.

This is pretty easy to see

Boston best team in the league with a stretch 5
Cleveland a very good team with a more traditional center but a top ten 3pt shooting team
Toronto with a traditional center, but a bad 3 pt shooting team. If Maxi was available this game and played over Gafford this is the one to get mad at.

When your down 30 rim runs dont matter and when a team is shooting 50% from deep rebounding isnt going to be a big deal either.

Maxi gave 20 minutes of absolutely NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I don't know why you keep fixating on this one specific game when, AGAIN, the issue is here is clearly much larger. We're not gonna beat Boston even if Luka scored 50 so why bother playing him that game? But that's NOT the point.

If we lose, we lose, but I'd rather lose while using the best weapons at our disposal.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#127 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:00 am

AJace wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
AJace wrote:What options? It's pretty clear that when all 3 guys are healthy, it's always Lively - Maxi - Gaff in that order. Heck there was even a game or two where Maxi was #1 LOL. A good coach knows how to utilize the tools at his disposal, not opt to use his lesser tools because he's clueless on how to use the better ones. Unless my center can switch into guards like Draymond or shoot the 3 like KAT, which Maxi is neither, not even close, then I'd rather have my center do what a center does, and that's give me rebounds, blocks, and rim-runs.

This is pretty easy to see

Boston best team in the league with a stretch 5
Cleveland a very good team with a more traditional center but a top ten 3pt shooting team
Toronto with a traditional center, but a bad 3 pt shooting team. If Maxi was available this game and played over Gafford this is the one to get mad at.

When your down 30 rim runs dont matter and when a team is shooting 50% from deep rebounding isnt going to be a big deal either.

Maxi gave 20 minutes of absolutely NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I don't know why you keep fixating on this one specific game when, AGAIN, the issue is here is clearly much larger. We're not gonna beat Boston even if Luka scored 50 so why bother playing him that game? But that's NOT the point.

If we lose, we lose, but I'd rather lose while using the best weapons at our disposal.

This is why Kidd is a loser and he always will be until he shows his balls, he always adapts to the opponent without ever trying to impose our strong points... he complained for 40 games about our lack of size and now he plays 20 minutes per game with Maxi and PJ.

Man, if we put on the floor a 20+10 small C i can even understand but Maxi is a 4+5 guy with 1 good game every 20. That's insane. Kidd is indefensible.

Kidd reminds me a lot of Avery Johnson... And now he is out of the league.

That's enough for me to fire him and he doesn't have Cuban to watch his ass anymore. Bye bye moron.

Return to Dallas Mavericks