ImageImageImage

Why is Gafford not playing

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

usman77
Ballboy
And1: 39

Why is Gafford not playing 

Post#1 » by usman77 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:38 pm

Being a mavs fav for 2 decades now - always had issues with C spot. Chandler was the best we had and now we have this guy who is so talented yet he is having to earn minutes ?

I get lively is young and talented and needs minutes but Gafford is just better right now but he needs the playing time.

Kidd sucks ba11s with his rotations , we need to make a push for the playoffs with our best lineup and Gafford belongs in our best lineup
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,170

Re: Why is Gafford not playing 

Post#2 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:31 pm

I would honestly agree that Gafford deserves equal amount of playing minutes that Lively has. And I am fine if Lively is starting for every game.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,026

Post#3 » by tleikheen » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:48 am

Denver went into Boston and outrebounded them b y 9 rebounds ,shot above 53 percent against them. Denver doesnt play smallball and they play big. Minnesota plays big and beat Boston also.

Dallas and JKidd tryed to beat Boston playing smallball . Either JKidd thinks he's a great coach or he didnt get the memo that big is the way the good teams are playing now.

Dallas has to forge their own identity. That identity- should start with two guys that can go get the ball and slam the alley oops like no other team. I dont get why Lively is getting alley oops and Gafford has stopped getting the same passes. They need both of them rolling to the hoop all game long .

The Mavs need to pick up the pace and start playing to their players strength which is getting up the court and play to their offense because their not going to win by defense.

They were winning games by putting pts up and now their losing by playing smallball and now cant put up enough pts to win games.

End the smallball and let the Mavs start winning again. As a side note the Lakers have a similar dumba$$ coach who drove the Lakers fans nuts playing small .He finally made Rui Hachimura a fulltime starter and now play AD,Lebron and Hachimura up front and they started winning.
AJace
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#4 » by AJace » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:17 pm

Coz Kidd is still counting on Maxi to one day unlock his full potential as a switchable shotblocking stretch 5.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,636

Post#5 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:12 pm

Maxi has it in his contract that if healthy, he has to get 20 minutes per game.

I made that up but it seems like it.

Return to Dallas Mavericks