Mavs coaching discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,829

Re: Mavs coaching discussion 

Post#41 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:32 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
tleikheen wrote:I never thought KoKoskov got a fair shot at being the HC. I think Luka and Exum would really be open to play under his Leadership. Kidd doesnt have the heart to sit Maxi and THJ down as the HC. But a HC has to make tough decisions and Kidd doesn't.

Kokoškov is great, he did an amazing job by winning the European championship with Slovenia...with that being said, I think he's Best as an assistant in the NBA...NBA is different than Euroleague, Players have a lot more power, stars run the show....Blatt was an amazing coach,yet he got canned by Cleveland(LeBron)...Obradović who's probably one of the Best coaches in the world wouldn't be able to coach in the NBA,Players would hate him

NBA is changed from those days, European guys rule the league now...

The problem are the owners too, until they hire ex players because their past days and not coach with exp (European, former College coach or at least 5/10 years veteran) the failure is under the corner and Kidd is the biggest example.
He always coached very good teams and his record is 50%. His teams underperforming every **** year and no owners (unless the Mavs damn) keep him more than 2 years.
He has an expires date written on his head.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 684

Post#42 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:56 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
tleikheen wrote:I never thought KoKoskov got a fair shot at being the HC. I think Luka and Exum would really be open to play under his Leadership. Kidd doesnt have the heart to sit Maxi and THJ down as the HC. But a HC has to make tough decisions and Kidd doesn't.

Kokoškov is great, he did an amazing job by winning the European championship with Slovenia...with that being said, I think he's Best as an assistant in the NBA...NBA is different than Euroleague, Players have a lot more power, stars run the show....Blatt was an amazing coach,yet he got canned by Cleveland(LeBron)...Obradović who's probably one of the Best coaches in the world wouldn't be able to coach in the NBA,Players would hate him

NBA is changed from those days, European guys rule the league now...

The problem are the owners too, until they hire ex players because their past days and not coach with exp (European, former College coach or at least 5/10 years veteran) the failure is under the corner and Kidd is the biggest example.
He always coached very good teams and his record is 50%. His teams underperforming every **** year and no owners (unless the Mavs damn) keep him more than 2 years.
He has an expires date written on his head.

Yeah the league has changed,Just Look at the pace...locked on Mavs said that the Mavs record breaking pace from a couple years ago(which was 116Ortg ) is in the past..a lot of teams are scoring at higher pace....the scoring has gone way up...we know Mavs fumbled the ball in the past years with Brunson,some other decisions,but are we sure that team would play any better than this one, if Kidd was still the coach?? Kidd has a patern of starting good with teams and then those fall apart...Yes,they would have had more assets,more options to improve the team but like who's to say they would make the right decisions,or that Kidd would have been able to make it work...that WCF run team outperformed(same thing as kind of the Lakers last year,Hawks a couple of seasons back)...this team is better constructed than that WCF team,they aren't bad Players, but the lack of any ofense,plays and sets is making them predictable...and the defense is Just a total horror show...I don't know if Kidd 's defensive plan is really so complex that they faill to understand it ,or if the Players Just don't care,lack the effort....whichever it is , it's on coach to fix it
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Post#43 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:15 pm

Just goes to show you how far some social skills get you. Cuban did regret not firing Avery before the playoffs in a 51-31 season. Ironically, the team struggled after trading for Kidd. Make it make sense.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:23 pm

If they don't want to fire Kidd because he is a good friend of someone so put him in the FO, i'm ok with that but take him off from the bench absolutely.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 684

Post#45 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:26 pm

I have a question...let's say the Mavs wait untill the offseason to fire Kidd, what coaches would be available?? Is there someone better than coach Bud?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:38 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:I have a question...let's say the Mavs wait untill the offseason to fire Kidd, what coaches would be available?? Is there someone better than coach Bud?

Kidd lost the team, fire him is an addiction by subtraction.
This team needs a change, but i don't think hire a coach now will turn us in a contender so give the squad to Dudley and next off season Nico has to work for a coach.

No coach will accept a 2 months rent and i don't want to "tie my hands and feet" with a coach now.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,940

Nobody on earth can play better defense on Luka Doncic than this guy 

Post#47 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:50 pm

Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,983

Post#48 » by Archx » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:45 am

From reddit. And yes, he did say all of that.

Here is one of his latest.

Read on Twitter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#49 » by RiotPunch » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:58 am

A couple of gems from his Bucks tenure.

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:00 am

He is joking the FO but they are too dumb to understand... It's so sad.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,940

Post#51 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:09 am

I'm so close to being out on both the Cowboys and Mavs. They have the two worst ran organizations in all of sports and if I do I'm out on sports all together because I would never root for anyone else.

Firing Kidd by now is such a no brainer but they don't do it.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#52 » by arkuo » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:17 am

Outside of Bud, are there any other good candidates to replace Kidd in the offseason?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,436

Post#53 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:26 am

arkuo wrote:Outside of Bud, are there any other good candidates to replace Kidd in the offseason?

Stotts or some European coach, Bud is also enough of a high calibre name to pull a great assistant, something they failed to do with the clown they have right now.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#54 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:29 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
arkuo wrote:Outside of Bud, are there any other good candidates to replace Kidd in the offseason?

Stotts or some European coach, Bud is also enough of a high calibre name to pull a great assistant, something they failed to do with the clown they have right now.

They had the right guy in house, Mosley, and stupidly hired Kidd. I say yeah go after a well touted assistant or top Euro guy. Things desperately need to change.
Archx
RealGM

Post#55 » by Archx » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:45 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

They had the right guy in house, Mosley, and stupidly hired Kidd. I say yeah go after a well touted assistant or top Euro guy. Things desperately need to change.

I would still bring in Laso because there is no one who Doncic respects more, probably not even his own mother. And it would be entertaining watching other players **** themselves when he would start yelling at them :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:27 pm

Watch out guys at this point Kidd ineptitude is clear at everybody so if we don't make PO the fault is on who didn't fire him. No excuses. Kidd can't be the scapegoat for life.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#57 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:36 pm

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Stotts or some European coach, Bud is also enough of a high calibre name to pull a great assistant, something they failed to do with the clown they have right now.

I would still bring in Laso because there is no one who Doncic respects more, probably not even his own mother. And it would be entertaining watching other players **** themselves when he would start yelling at them :lol:

Yea Im good with that. But would he want to coach here?
Archx
RealGM

Post#58 » by Archx » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:46 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Like we mentioned before, he did have discussions with Mavs before the season started but he wasn't interested in assistant role i think. And Luka also advocated for him, so i'm sure he would come over if Nico and Luka really pressed him.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:48 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Probably not because they will never offer him a full time job... The next one could be JJ Barea or Devin Harris.

No USA basketball players are allowed finally... But not the coach yet.

Return to Dallas Mavericks