ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Pacers (830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 684

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Pacers (830PMEST) 

Post#61 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:07 am

tleikheen wrote:When you watch the good teams play, they either have good ball movement OR player movement ....The Mavs have neither and they're getting harder to watch.

I agree , I wish the O was more diverse, but it's not like the O is the problem...the D is horrendous...something is not right in this team and it starts with the Head of the sname...Kidd is not a good coach
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#62 » by Apz » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:53 am

I gave up after 3 quarters or so
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Post#63 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:23 am

thats gotta be /Kidd right?
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#64 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:29 am

Carlisle is an elite coach. His offense is just showing his brilliance. Kidd lost the offensive flow inherited from Carlisle team with his players. All those Brunson, DFS, Maxi etc working together with Luka.

Anyway, the problem is not the offense but defense. Kyrie-Luka doesn't work.
Playing Kyrie along Luka does not create wonders. Kyrie doesn't command double-teams all game, he is not getting blitzed. So he is not creating a offensive effect that justifies his defense and lack of rebounding. Watch Alperen Sengun, Jokic, Sabonis. Those guys are contributing the offense and rebounding massively so their teams are okay with defensive liability. We already have Luka for this role.
On defense him and Luka together become too much to carry on defense.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:37 am

Mavrelous wrote:Im all for firing Kidd, but Kidd didn't smoke the layup and didn't bother checking if his center was trying to gain possession.

I recall Steph doing theatrics, Lebron not coming back to defense for a whole possession, Harden not even running but jogging all game. High usage player who does everything for the team can have 1-2 possessions like this. It's totally normal.

39/10/11. Even had an efficient first half. Its very hard to sustain this while losing games. I recall games Jokic not even trying to go for 20 pts but focusing more of passes and playing a passive game back then 3 years ago with a worse team around him.

Star players can choose to not give effort sometimes. Luka is not doing that, I never saw Luka shutting himself for a game. Last two games, Luka is having 35-40pt triple doubles on the court while Kyrie is scoring 20s.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:37 am

Its funny to see Luka bashing here like if he scored 20, got 5 rebound and 5 assists.
39/10/11 if you do not like it, go find someone to trade Luka for.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:42 am

joesha1698 wrote:Your guess is good as mines....something is going on in this locker room. This ain't a team that's playing for each other. Is it possible that these guys just kinda of play together but aside from that could careless about each other?

Cuban **** around and find it. This is classic with kyrie teams. :crazy:
Kyrie-19 flu infected Celtics-Nets-Mavs so far.

On a serious note, losing all team chemistry is on Cubs. Brunson-DFS-Dinwiddie with Luka was f'in great. Carlisle was definitely a better coach than Kidd. Hierarchy-wise Carlisle was on top of the team and we were performing good. Carlisle was unlucky with the wrong KP(injured) and Richardson investments and matching up with prime LA Clippers two years in a row.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#68 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:34 am

Everyone loves high pace Mavs are playing, but this high pace is part of their defensive problems. Running against Pacers and Philadelphia without Embiid isn't exactly smart.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#69 » by Archx » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:36 am

Bob8 wrote:Everyone loves high pace Mavs are playing, but this high pace is part of their defensive problems. Running against Pacers and Philadelphia without Embiid isn't exactly smart.

You probably remember how everyone was crying Mavs have to pick up the tempo? Media, fans, even coaches... But weirdly enough they were always top5 in standings. Now, suddenly 2 years in a row they're almost out of playoffs with much higher pace and tempo. It's like no one can figure out Luka is basically the best half court player and his own pace was always what killed other teams. But hey, at least it looks good on the eye just gunning up and down for no reason, i don't see anyone complaining about Jokic needing to run more.
Archx
RealGM

Post#70 » by Archx » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:47 am

From

Read on Twitter

...to

Read on Twitter
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#71 » by Maverick41 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:08 am

The team has a complete lack of leadership. Kidd is literally just watching. Luka too busy complaining. Kyrie too zen. PJ is stoic all the time. Lively is vocal but just a rookie. Gafford has never been on a winning team. Green is a beta. THJ is quite possibly the lowest IQ guy in the NBA. Maxi is soft. DJJ is too quiet. Exum is just happy to be playing. Powell gets hit in the face way too much to take seriously.

Luka said after the game that the team listens to freakin Markieff Morris of all people. Someone that doesn't play and has been a shell of himself for a while now.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,096

Post#72 » by Dirk » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:14 am

As much as J Kidd is the target and culprit. We also have a team that feels like they're too mentally fragile or their focus fluctuates too much and thus...

Just feels like there is an inherent lack of composure, mental fortitude, leadership as alluded. It's weird. Obviously when a team is getting scored on so easily it's rough, but like... this Indiana game mirrors 10 other games such as this one, at some point "you'd learn" or show something different to fight against it. But no. Same pattern. Every time.

For those wondering, Ben Sheppard is an American professional basketball player for the Indiana Pacers of the National Basketball Association. He played college basketball for the Belmont Bruins.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM

Post#73 » by Archx » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:20 am

Dirk wrote:

I'll never understand what Kyrie was thinking here, he literally had an easy layup. And it felt like this play set the tone for entire 2nd half. I was face palming hard when i saw this.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,438

Post#74 » by Mavrelous » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:50 am

Maverick41 wrote:The team has a complete lack of leadership. Kidd is literally just watching. Luka too busy complaining. Kyrie too zen. PJ is stoic all the time. Lively is vocal but just a rookie. Gafford has never been on a winning team. Green is a beta. THJ is quite possibly the lowest IQ guy in the NBA. Maxi is soft. DJJ is too quiet. Exum is just happy to be playing. Powell gets hit in the face way too much to take seriously.

Luka said after the game that the team listens to freakin Markieff Morris of all people. Someone that doesn't play and has been a shell of himself for a while now.

All true, the Kidd, Luka, Kyrie, Maxi and Green part was evident since last year, and yet, nothing got addressed.
Continuing with Kidd was unfathomable, he just let the team spiral and couldn't do a thing, we were wondering what happened, I was sure they have addressed some unknown factor we didn't know, the truth is, they addressed nothing, the team has the same problems, massively underachieving relative to the talent, and the head coach looks even more helpless than the players.
The organization needs serious house cleaning, Cuban to be set aside, hire a professional GM who should hire serious coaching staff and not a bunch or unproven young guys headed by a proven failure of a coach.
The season is over barring a miracle.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#75 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:02 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Everyone loves high pace Mavs are playing, but this high pace is part of their defensive problems. Running against Pacers and Philadelphia without Embiid isn't exactly smart.

You probably remember how everyone was crying Mavs have to pick up the tempo? Media, fans, even coaches... But weirdly enough they were always top5 in standings. Now, suddenly 2 years in a row they're almost out of playoffs with much higher pace and tempo. It's like no one can figure out Luka is basically the best half court player and his own pace was always what killed other teams. But hey, at least it looks good on the eye just gunning up and down for no reason, i don't see anyone complaining about Jokic needing to run more.

In their far the best season with Luka, 2021/22, they were dead last in pace, now they're 9th.

If you have problems in D, your first move should be lowering your pace. Especially, if you have 2 great half court and Iso players.
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#76 » by Marko_MFFL » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:19 pm

Apz wrote:I gave up after 3 quarters or so

I must be a masochist because I watched the game to the end. :roll:
joesha1698
Junior
And1: 108

Post#77 » by joesha1698 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:32 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

In their far the best season with Luka, 2021/22, they were dead last in pace, now they're 9th.

If you have problems in D, your first move should be lowering your pace. Especially, if you have 2 great half court and Iso players.

That's a coaching issue.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#78 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:33 pm

Dirk wrote:As much as J Kidd is the target and culprit. We also have a team that feels like they're too mentally fragile or their focus fluctuates too much and thus...

Yes, but that is exactly what a good coaching staff would and should address.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#79 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:37 pm

Archx wrote:From

Read on Twitter

This slapstick makes the Washington Generals look good.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 684

Post#80 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:44 pm

What a freaking meltdown once again...something is wrong with the culture of this team...this is getting embarrassing...Mavs are becoming the laughing stock of the league...the team isn't a contender( still missing a starting SF and a backup PF) ,but they're not as bad as they look right now...I mean ,this team has one of the easiest shedules left in the season ,and yet for the second season in a row it looks like they're gonna fumble the ball...I try to be optimistic, but after seeing the quotes from Kidd and players I'm starting to think they're all delusional

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2024/3/6/24092007/quote-board-yeah-well-we-tried-everything

Never was a fan of Kidd as a coach, don't like his relaxed aproach to leading the team(getting the Players figure it out themselves, holding no one accountable, downplaying the bad performances,not taking any responsibility)...like seious , no wonder the team shows no sense of urgency when the coach is looking like everything is fine...Kidd wanted new Players, he got them...he was begging for time to integrate them to the team but the more time they spend together(train together) ,the worse they Look...they looked a lot better without training...how is that possible??
Kidd strikes ne as someone you would give the keys to a Ferrari and he would drive it like it's a Alpha Romeo

I really don't know what to say,how to feel...I want them to win,get into the playoffs,but if that means Kidd is staying I'd rather they lose some games...it would be bad Look, they'd be the laughing stock,but I just don't see any other way to get rid of this fraud at the helm of the team..the fans should really start booing the coach, holding up FIRE KIDD posters, make their displeasure known...in Europe the fans would push him out of the arena..I don't know, it's not happening,.For crying out loud Sweeney just became part of the Slovenian National team staff :banghead:

Return to Dallas Mavericks