ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pistons (Sat., 7PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,101

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pistons (Sat., 7PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:20 pm

Can't take the Pistons team lightly.

They beat the Nets. Should have beaten the Knicks and beat the Bulls, among some losses.

Hopefully the start of a mini win streak.
60/21/10
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 69

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pistons (Sat., 7PMEST) 

Post#2 » by MassimoPayne » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:10 pm

I just hope they stick to the same game plan like against the heat.
Exum with big minutes. Less thj minutes and everybody is involved.

Seeing exum and Luka together gives me hope for the rest of the season.

They just need to defend the 3 better. That would already solve a lot of issues
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:13 pm

Formula should be straightforward to any competent coach

Start: Luka/Kyrie/DJJ/Washington/Lively

Majority of bench minutes between Exum/Maxi/Gafford; let Hardy and Omax get some burn as well

Tell THJ and Green to kick rocks
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#4 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:03 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Formula should be straightforward to any competent coach

Majority of bench minutes between Exum/Maxi/Gafford; let Hardy and Omax get some burn as well

I'm agree on this rotation but we need a scorer from the bench (Exum/Maxi/Gafford are 20/25points in good days)... I don't care if that man is THJ or Hardy , i'm ok with the hottest one.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#5 » by daoneandonly » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:08 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:

I'm agree on this rotation but we need a scorer from the bench (Exum/Maxi/Gafford are 20/25points in good days)... I don't care if that man is THJ or Hardy , i'm ok with the hottest one.

Agreed. We know who that guy cant be, Josh Green
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:23 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Agreed. We know who that guy cant be, Josh Green

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 959

Post#7 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:21 pm

I expect Exums minutes to keep growing til he is starting and finishing games. It might not be this game but its coming.
The reason why is he is the only player on the Mavs who can play the POA defender and that helps the defense out alot. He also allows Luka to catch and shoot 3 pters and given an opening he's burying them when Exum gets him the ball .Exum gets half his assists to Luka and he's working the same game with Kyrie.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#8 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:51 am

MassimoPayne wrote:I just hope they stick to the same game plan like against the heat.
Exum with big minutes. Less thj minutes and everybody is involved.

Seeing exum and Luka together gives me hope for the rest of the season.

They just need to defend the 3 better. That would already solve a lot of issues

This is a vastly easier game. I wouldn't surprise saving Exum's energy, health and also try to build some confidence in THJ.
Its been a while we haven't won a game in first half. Lets hope we can have 20pt lead by 3rd quarter and rest Luka a little more.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 959

Post#9 » by tleikheen » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:37 am

Exum wants to be the glue ,the guy getting easy looks for his team mates . Its crazy to see but Luka and Kyrie are letting Exum set them up for moves or shots to the basket. ........ I think we're going to see a late run for playoff position for the Mavs with these guys as the CORE 8 ....Luka ,Kyrie ,Exum, DLive,Gaff,PJ, Maxi &THJ , with DJJ and Green as 9th/10th guys
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,438

Post#10 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:53 am

tleikheen wrote:Exum wants to be the glue ,the guy getting easy looks for his team mates . Its crazy to see but Luka and Kyrie are letting Exum set them up for moves or shots to the basket. ........ I think we're going to see a late run for playoff position for the Mavs with these guys as the CORE 8 ....Luka ,Kyrie ,Exum, DLive,Gaff,PJ, Maxi &THJ , with DJJ and Green as 9th/10th guys

I hope so, Exum is a legit starter when healthy and in shape, but he got injured twice and looked a bit out of shape when he came back, if he's healthy and back in shape, I like Mavs chances.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#11 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:45 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
tleikheen wrote:Exum wants to be the glue ,the guy getting easy looks for his team mates . Its crazy to see but Luka and Kyrie are letting Exum set them up for moves or shots to the basket. ........ I think we're going to see a late run for playoff position for the Mavs with these guys as the CORE 8 ....Luka ,Kyrie ,Exum, DLive,Gaff,PJ, Maxi &THJ , with DJJ and Green as 9th/10th guys

I hope so, Exum is a legit starter when healthy and in shape, but he got injured twice and looked a bit out of shape when he came back, if he's healthy and back in shape, I like Mavs chances.

If Exum wants to be a glue guy uhe needs to man up and play through injuries. 7hes just proving uhis previous NBA stint to be true talented 8yet completely unreliable
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#12 » by Archx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:18 pm

Probably the hardest game of the season for Mavs. Timmy Sr. angling for Mavs coaching job?? Maybe like Rick Brunson?

Some wisdom words from Tim Hardaway Sr. to some of his fellow instagram "friends". I swear this is real, i'm not making this up.

And what place there in because Luka don't trust his team. The joker trust his team that's why he is 2 time mvp. Like I said before. Luka is just like James harden, and you won't win like that. But you don't see it like that. Because you don't know basketball. It not me in a team. It's team in a team, that's how you win. And Luka doesn't think like that. He can't even win on his nation team because they don't like playing with him. He does the same thing. Not a winner. Understand that my man.

Some guy pressed him harder and another brilliant response.

Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. The reason why yall don't win is because of Luka and you don't even know that. Luka plays just like James harden in Houston and what happen? Nothing! Understand that. You don't know basketball. Tell Luka to run offense I promise you Tim will produce like he did when Luka was out!

And he concluded that his son carried this team when Luka was out.

man please, Tim carried the team when then guys was out and you was all on him. Shout your mouth.

What can i say, i guess Kidd wasn't joking when he said THJ is vital to their championship run, i guess he really had some words with his dad behind the scenes :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,438

Post#13 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:43 pm

Just listened to Bobby Karallah on the Mavs YT channel, apparently, it's the players who aren't doing their job, full roster turnover in the offseson, and 2 aquisitions on the deadline, and it's still poor Kidd not having the proper personnel.
This is the team's mouthpiece, don't build on new coach.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,097

Post#14 » by GermanFan120 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:16 pm

Incoming: Mavs win by 1 point in OT.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#15 » by deb » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:19 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Incoming: Mavs win by 1 point in OT.

That's a success in my book. Just actually win...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:27 pm

Archx wrote:Probably the hardest game of the season for Mavs. Timmy Sr. angling for Mavs coaching job?? Maybe like Rick Brunson?

Some wisdom words from Tim Hardaway Sr. to some of his fellow instagram "friends". I swear this is real, i'm not making this up.

And what place there in because Luka don't trust his team. The joker trust his team that's why he is 2 time mvp. Like I said before. Luka is just like James harden, and you won't win like that. But you don't see it like that. Because you don't know basketball. It not me in a team. It's team in a team, that's how you win. And Luka doesn't think like that. He can't even win on his nation team because they don't like playing with him. He does the same thing. Not a winner. Understand that my man.

Some guy pressed him harder and another brilliant response.

Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. The reason why yall don't win is because of Luka and you don't even know that. Luka plays just like James harden in Houston and what happen? Nothing! Understand that. You don't know basketball. Tell Luka to run offense I promise you Tim will produce like he did when Luka was out!

And he concluded that his son carried this team when Luka was out.

man please, Tim carried the team when then guys was out and you was all on him. Shout your mouth.

What can i say, i guess Kidd wasn't joking when he said THJ is vital to their championship run, i guess he really had some words with his dad behind the scenes :lol:

Mavrelous wrote:Just listened to Bobby Karallah on the Mavs YT channel, apparently, it's the players who aren't doing their job, full roster turnover in the offseson, and 2 aquisitions on the deadline, and it's still poor Kidd not having the proper personnel.
This is the team's mouthpiece, don't build on new coach.

I can't believe to what i read... I'm sorry for THJ but with a father like that we have to dump ASAP.

For the coach situation we are cooked with Kidd so we can only hope for a promotion in the FO.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by Dirk » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:55 pm

Vintage Grant Williams.

PJ Washington has had some lowlights that I refuse to capture on video, but this guy doesn't disappoint.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#18 » by Archx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:03 pm

Dirk wrote:Vintage Grant Williams.

Honeymoon phase over or they still act like they traded for TMac?
joesha1698
Junior
And1: 108

Post#19 » by joesha1698 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:20 pm

Apparently the posters here know more than Shaq, Kenny Smith, Charles Barkely, Tim Hardway Sr, Grant Williams, and now add Chandler Parsons to that list: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/chandler-parsons-says-it-s-exhausting-being-luka-doncic-s-teammate/ar-BB1jzUES

Look guys, there's more to basketball than stats. If you ever played basketball and one guy dominates the ball as much as Luka does( he's gonna have great stats) but its gonna hurt your rhythm as a player unless your strictly a catch and shoot 3 point shooter, lock down defender who doesnt care about shots, or a big man who catches lobs and set picks all game long. Which is why I say, if were gonna play Luka Ball - trade for another allstar at SF or PF - surround Luka with the best 3-D guys u can get - and go for it. If not, the ball has to move and more guys got to touch it.

Luka played his best with a 3 guard lineup - why is that? Could it be that with 3 guys with passing ability - help facilitate more ball movement instead of just letting one guy make all the decisions? I think its the latter.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by Dirk » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:39 pm

Archx wrote:
Dirk wrote:Vintage Grant Williams.

Honeymoon phase over or they still act like they traded for TMac?

The Hornets gave up 44 points in the 4th quarter to the Wizards, who had lost 16 straight games. As a whole, the team's feel good run has finished (they have injuries) and they're reverting back to being bottom of the league.

I did keep an eye on his highlights in the first few games and he was shooting 3s well, but had some luck with assists, free throws, 2 point shots... that inflated his stats. I've just been curious about him because his lowlights really are comical.

Realistically, it's almost irrelevant how good or bad he is for CHA. They traded because they received a potentially good draft pick. But yeah, some fans did seem to buy in that Grant Williams was "good" after the first few games... we will have to check at the end of the year and into next season... to actually finally have a verdict whether this guy was just "unlucky" in Dallas or somehow the Celtics were able to mask an abomination of a player.

More importantly is PJ Washington not having airball 3s :noway: His 3pt shot has looked very dubious.
60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks