ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pistons (Sat., 7PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,096

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pistons (Sat., 7PMEST) 

Post#41 » by Dirk » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:33 am

Archx wrote:
Dirk wrote:I wonder if LUka will ever fix this stuff. He can be high maintenance. Spent all game so far complaining to the refs and then a bad turnover and talk to refs again. Come on dude.

Did you noticed he signaled to Kidd to sub him out? It's crazy that coach can't figure out on his own that his guy needs to get his head straight after so many straight TO's.

He started the game lackadaisical because it's the Pistons and then I guess he "got fouled" a couple of times, losing even more energy/focus. This seems to happen every now and then. "Haters" can easily pick on his body language in some of these instances (like he was clearly at fault for the turnover to Exum, but kind of acted in a way that made it look he was complaining).

TL;DR

He'll score 20 points in the 2nd or 3rd quarter and all will be forgotten.
60/21/10
joesha1698
Junior
And1: 108

Post#42 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:35 am

I think the NBA is trying to call less fouls since the Joe Dumars decree..with that being said, some of these are obvious fouls, i guess their not calling these anymore? I guess guys are gonna have to stop expecting them. I thought Luka got fouled on that one shot when two guys were on him.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,983

Post#43 » by Archx » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:36 am

Dirk wrote:
Archx wrote:
Dirk wrote:I wonder if LUka will ever fix this stuff. He can be high maintenance. Spent all game so far complaining to the refs and then a bad turnover and talk to refs again. Come on dude.

Did you noticed he signaled to Kidd to sub him out? It's crazy that coach can't figure out on his own that his guy needs to get his head straight after so many straight TO's.

He started the game lackadaisical because it's the Pistons and then I guess he "got fouled" a couple of times, losing even more energy/focus. This seems to happen every now and then. "Haters" can easily pick on his body language in some of these instances (like he was clearly at fault for the turnover to Exum, but kind of acted in a way that made it look he was complaining).

TL;DR

Hehe... if he doesn't get ejected first :D Feels like refs are allowing extra contact on him tonight. I still feel like this will be a crazy annoying game.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,096

Post#44 » by Dirk » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:37 am

Archx wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Archx wrote:

TL;DR

Hehe... if he doesn't get ejected first :D Feels like refs are allowing extra contact on him tonight. I still feel like this will be a crazy annoying game.

It's one of those nights. You can see his mind is wandering...

60/21/10
joesha1698
Junior

Post#45 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:37 am

Every since that team talking, the Mavs offense looks like way more guys are getting touches. Luka is going to have to adjust because he's used to having the ball alot more. I think this may explain some of those turnovers.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 684

Post#46 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 am

Archx wrote:

Yeah, he looks more irritated then usual...could it be that all the media talk/slander and TIm Hardaway Sr. got under his skin... there's a rumor going around that he and Timmy jr. had an argument last time daddy Hardaway was talking about Luka and Kyrie...Timmy came to the defense of Luka and Kyrie,dissagreed with his dad,but those type of things do put strains on team relations
joesha1698
Junior

Post#47 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:40 am

lol some of these shots the pistions are hitting. mavs defense cant catch a break. can't expect one at this point.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#48 » by Maverick41 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:41 am

There goes another Mavs killer going off AGAIN, Fonteccio.

And THJ just throwing up a contested 3 at the end of a quarter again. There was time, at least try and do something else.
Archx
RealGM

Post#49 » by Archx » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:42 am

joesha1698 wrote:Every since that team talking, the Mavs offense looks like way more guys are getting touches. Luka is going to have to adjust because he's used to having the ball alot more. I think this may explain some of those turnovers.

And what good did that do for them? When he went out it was +2 even though he played bad and now they're playing "perfect" movement it's +1 lol...

You still don't understand offense is not a problem. Kyrie making shots early on certainly helps but they're leaking points again on defense.
BliscoSantos
Rookie

Post#50 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:45 am

Keep shooting Timmy ...remember ,shooters shoot lol

Bring in Hardy...waive Timmy :lol:
Archx
RealGM

Post#51 » by Archx » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:46 am

Kidd still forcing Luka, Kyrie, Thj lineups..
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#52 » by Maverick41 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:48 am

OMFG get the rebound. What in the world
BliscoSantos
Rookie

Post#53 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:49 am

Bloody hell...this is hard to watch :banghead:
Don't tell me an actual coach,someone with some O ideas/plan, defensive schemes, couldn't make this team Look a lot better
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#54 » by daoneandonly » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:54 am

My new favorite player is Derrick Lively. Luka is great, but too darn immature and entitled. His behavior is hard to continue to embrace
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#55 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:55 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Oh I didn't know you were talking about defense too. No one would disagree our defense sucked. right?

I'm telling you that offense, Luka's hero ball, is elite, problem is when he's not on the court and in D. And even D was much better in last 7 games, when Luka was on the court. I'm asking you, where we can see those problems with Luka's hero ball? And why Kyrie and co. are disastrous without him? Shouldn't they just be thriving? Or maybe you're just repeating what Shaq and his friends were saying?

Correct. I just repeated what they said because it made sense to me. If you disagree, that's totally fine.

The difference is that I have numbers to back my claim, you have nothing.
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,097

Post#56 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:55 am

Let's go Pistons. If one team can get Kidd fired, that will be you guys.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#57 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 am

I can't watch this run&gun no D basketball. Good night.
joesha1698
Junior

Post#58 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 am

Bob8 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Barkley was right about ball dominate Luka hero basketball. His number needs to be DOWN for the team to thrive.

I still compete in a league, and I understand basketball is a team sports at the end of the day. The team that shines in a league does not practise hero ball.

Remember back then anyone playing around Nash all of a sudden became better? And anyone playing around Kobe became trash (except Pau because he accepted his role as Kobe's b****)

Then tell me, why Kyrie and co. doesn't thrive without Luka? Kyrie has disastrous numbers without Luka in those difficult last 7 games.

If I tell you that Mavs had 6th offense and 30th D in last 7 games, would you still talk about problems with Luka's hero ball?

Plus minus is misleading. There have been lot of fans who have pointed out players who have played better only to have a lower plus/minus than a guy who clearly didnt play as well.That's because plus minus has to do with how the score goes up or down when your in the game. It doesn't take into account what lineups you play with or if the offense centers around a certain player and thus that players stats will always look better.

As for Kyrie he was shooting 54% in feb and 46.5 from the 3 point line and avg 27.5 ppg. The team was 8-2. The two losses in Feb Kyrie scored 29 and 30points in those games and shot in the 50% from the 2 and 50% from the 3 on average.

In March, Kyrie has been 43% and 35% from the 3 and the team has been 1-3. He has clearly struggled in the first 3 gamer of March but that was after playing out of his mind for the whole month of Feb. Just saying.

Here is a reddit post about plus/minus: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/tg323j/why_plus_minus_is_a_generally_terrible_and/?rdt=45694
joesha1698
Junior

Post#59 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:58 am

Bob8 wrote:I can't watch this run&gun no D basketball. Good night.

Actually there's ball movement, more people are involved. Would you rather watch Luka struggle all night long in the pick and roll? He just hit an off the back board 3 from Kyrie. When have we seen that? Not since 22. Luka doesnt ever get shots like that bc he always has the ball. I'm enjoying it.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#60 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:01 am

joesha1698 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Barkley was right about ball dominate Luka hero basketball. His number needs to be DOWN for the team to thrive.

I still compete in a league, and I understand basketball is a team sports at the end of the day. The team that shines in a league does not practise hero ball.

Remember back then anyone playing around Nash all of a sudden became better? And anyone playing around Kobe became trash (except Pau because he accepted his role as Kobe's b****)

Then tell me, why Kyrie and co. doesn't thrive without Luka? Kyrie has disastrous numbers without Luka in those difficult last 7 games.

If I tell you that Mavs had 6th offense and 30th D in last 7 games, would you still talk about problems with Luka's hero ball?

Plus minus is misleading. There have been lot of fans who have pointed out players who have played better only to have a lower plus/minus than a guy who clearly didnt play as well.That's because plus minus has to do with how the score goes up or down when your in the game. It doesn't take into account what lineups you play with or if the offense centers around a certain player and thus that players stats will always look better.

As for Kyrie he was shooting 54% in feb and 46.5 from the 3 point line and avg 27.5 ppg. The team was 8-2. The two losses in Feb Kyrie scored 29 and 30points in those games and shot in the 50% from the 2 and 3% on average.

In March, Kyrie has been 43 and 35% from the 3 and the team has been 1-3. He has clearly struggled in the first 3 gamer of March but that was after playing out of his mind for the whole month of Feb. Just saying.

Here is a reddit post about plus/minus: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/tg323j/why_plus_minus_is_a_generally_terrible_and/?rdt=45694

To compare +/- between players in different teams is fruitless, but +/- is good to show which lineups works and which aren't. Those with Luka are mostly pretty good. And those with Kyrie and no Luka were pretty bad in last 7 games.

My point though was, if Mavs had 6th offensive rtg in last 7 games and 30th defensive rtg, than maybe Luka's heliocentric game is not the problem but D is.

Return to Dallas Mavericks