ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Bulls (Mond., 8PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Bulls (Mond., 8PMEST) 

Post#101 » by Teffer10 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:43 pm

daoneandonly wrote:AT the end of the day, both Gaff and Lively deserve good playing time. Its Green and THJ that need to be upgraded in the offseason.

Lively = 22pts
Washington/Green/DJJ/Exum = 22pts

Lively/Gaff = 42pts.
Washington/Green/DJJ/Kyrie/Exum/Maxi/THJ = 42pts.

Honestly though, I don't see any championships with a Kyrie/Luka backcourt considering the types of players they would need around them and the lack of assets we have to go get them.
I still think the Mavs will have to consider moving Gaff in the off season to address the huge issue we have at the wings, or move Kyrie to put a more suitable backcourt mate with Luka.

Luka and Kyrie create just about as many problems on the defensive end as those others do on the offensive side.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#102 » by Archx » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:08 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:AT the end of the day, both Gaff and Lively deserve good playing time. Its Green and THJ that need to be upgraded in the offseason.

Lively = 22pts

Lively/Gaff = 42pts.

Honestly though, I don't see any championships with a Kyrie/Luka backcourt considering the types of players they would need around them and the lack of assets we have to go get them.
I still think the Mavs will have to consider moving Gaff in the off season to address the huge issue we have at the wings, or move Kyrie to put a more suitable backcourt mate with Luka.

Luka and Kyrie create just about as many problems on the defensive end as those others do on the offensive side.

If anything, these past few games have showed us that Kyrie is more or less replacable, specially if PJ starts hitting those 3's more often. Then you have basically WCF squad with great role players and a much improved center line that has been very missed vs GSW at that time. Maxi and Powell were outmached vs Looney lol...

Exum has been incredible, no other way to say it. He simply works amazing with Doncic. Health is his only concern but dude fits so well in this team.

If push comes to shove, it would say trade Kyrie for two impactful 3&D wings or even SG, then you basically have all you need. The other day i laughed when someone on podcast suggested Kyrie for Vando and Rui, maybe even Reaves from the Lakers. But more i think about it, the more i like it.

And obviously THJ's expiring would help aswell to maybe further upgrade. So, Nico will have options even though he can only do one 1st draft pick swap .
Problem is though, i don't think Nico is bold enough to do such things so we should be prepared to a rather mild off season where i believe THJ, Maxi, Green and maybe even Hardy will be on the block.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#103 » by Teffer10 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:20 pm

Archx wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

Lively = 22pts

Lively/Gaff = 42pts.

If anything, these past few games have showed us that Kyrie is more or less replacable, specially if PJ starts hitting those 3's more often. Then you have basically WCF squad with great role players and a much improved center line that has been very missed vs GSW at that time. Maxi and Powell were outmached vs Looney lol...

Exum has been incredible, no other way to say it. He simply works amazing with Doncic. Health is his only concern but dude fits so well in this team.

If push comes to shove, it would say trade Kyrie for two impactful 3&D wings or even SG, then you basically have all you need. The other day i laughed when somene on podcast suggested Kyrie for Vando and Rui, maybe even Reaves to the Lakers. But more i think about it, the more i like it.

And obviously THJ's expiring would help aswell to maybe further upgrade. So, Nico will have options even though he can only do one 1st draft pick swap .
Problem is though, i don't think Nico is bold enough to do such things so we should be prepared to a rather mild off season where i believe THJ, Maxi, Green and maybe even Hardy will be on the block.

Yeah, Kyrie and Luka are so horrible on defense, Mavs will need to find a star two-way wing to compensate.
We are extremely solid at the 1 and 5, but everything in between is mediocre at best, so we will need to compromise something.

I wonder what we could yield by moving Kyrie, Gaff, Green and Hardaway's expiring.
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#104 » by Marko_MFFL » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:22 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:I'd like to see some Hardy and Omax

Just play Hardy over THJ. THJ managed to look bad in a game like this...
Hardy deserves more minutes, and THJ deserves less minutes. Everyone sees it except Kidd.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#105 » by Archx » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:38 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Lively = 22pts

Lively/Gaff = 42pts.

If push comes to shove, it would say trade Kyrie for two impactful 3&D wings or even SG, then you basically have all you need. The other day i laughed when somene on podcast suggested Kyrie for Vando and Rui, maybe even Reaves to the Lakers. But more i think about it, the more i like it.

Yeah, Kyrie and Luka are so horrible on defense, Mavs will need to find a star two-way wing to compensate.
We are extremely solid at the 1 and 5, but everything in between is mediocre at best, so we will need to compromise something.

I wonder what we could yield by moving Kyrie, Gaff, Green and Hardaway's expiring.

Careful with trading Gafford. He's still very young and him plus Lively have insane potential as a duo. Lively still likes to foul a lot and needs some years in the gym, so Gaff could bridge that gap. If only Kidd or any other coach could figure it out.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#106 » by Bob8 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:48 pm

Archx wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Careful with trading Gafford. He's still very young and him plus Lively have insane potential as a duo. Lively still likes to foul a lot and needs some years in the gym, so Gaff could bridge that gap. If only Kidd or any other coach could figure it out.

Kyrie+Green+THJ for defensive wing and Pf would be optimal choice.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#107 » by Teffer10 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:12 am

Archx wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Not saying I want too, but he will probably be our best trade asset in off season to upgrade our wing situation.

We can always find a decent backup center.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,960

Post#108 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:04 pm

Teffer10 wrote:Honestly though, I don't see any championships with a Kyrie/Luka backcourt considering the types of players they would need around them and the lack of assets we have to go get them.

Exactly, it's never been done in the history of the NBA where the two best players on a championship team are the point guards. I guess you could argue Lebron and Kyrie but they also had Kevin Love.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,960

Post#109 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Yeah, Kyrie and Luka are so horrible on defense, Mavs will need to find a star two-way wing to compensate.

Not saying I want too, but he will probably be our best trade asset in off season to upgrade our wing situation.

We can always find a decent backup center.

The problem in the last 10-15 years with Small Forwards is they're either too good (Kawhi, Lebron) or not that great (DFS, Harrison Barnes) and there's very little in between. We aren't getting a great wing and then that leaves only average wings. I'm not trading Gafford for an average to below average wing. Now if you're telling me we can get Franz Wagner or Anunoby then I'm interested, but I don't think so especially with no first round picks we can throw it and that was required for Gafford and even PJ Washington.

The last time we had a pretty good wing Shawn Marion we won it all. Before that Josh Howard made an All-Star team we made the Finals.

Return to Dallas Mavericks