ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Bulls (Mond., 8PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,435

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Bulls (Mond., 8PMEST) 

Post#81 » by Mavrelous » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:40 am

tleikheen wrote:
Bob8 already did. He told you "Best offensive rtg in Nba is 122.5 and you have Gafford with 141?"

You don't think this is suspect? And you really think StatMuse has better data tracking than NBA.com site itself?

What are we idiots ,throw out your graphs ,be a man back your sh*t up . Eazy peazy . you havent shown anything to disprove statmuse 's numbers ,these arent my numbers . these are only personal attacks without the benefit of statistics . Just prove statmuses stats are wrong ? Come on back your sh*t up for a change.

Please don't evade the language filter, ArchX didn't attack you personally, you are looking at two different stats that have the same name.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#82 » by tleikheen » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:58 am

I didnt evade the language filter if putting up a NBA stat which is not MINE and ask the other to do the same how does that cross a boundary. All we ask is that be respected and you back up your own rules . NBA is a game of stats which I used ,the same rules should be applied equally here .
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#83 » by tleikheen » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:32 am

What i liked about this game .

Daniel Gafford and Dereck Lively : Some of us like Gaff ,some of us like DLive but what we're seeing his 48 minutes of lob threat at the rim . And rim protection on the other end .... for 48 minutes. Excitement is brewing in Dallas.

The team .......I saw Luka ,Kyrie,Dante ,THJ all looking to move the ball with what is happening with the Center position . We've been crying for ball movement and thumbs up ,the ball was moving.

The defense showed itself this game .... guys were closing up the gap over and over , are they teasing us or are they understanding this can change how we look at them and they look at themselves.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#84 » by Teffer10 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:30 am

Lively and Gaff should never have less than 48 mins combined....never!!!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#85 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:43 am

Teffer10 wrote:Lively and Gaff should never have less than 48 mins combined....never!!!

Totally agree. Maxi is a PF, he can play C in some specific clutch situations. No more.

Chicago is bad right now, no LaVine,Lonzo and P-Will is tough.

We needed an easy win. We get it. Good.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#86 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:08 am

tleikheen wrote:What i liked about this game .

Daniel Gafford and Dereck Lively : Some of us like Gaff ,some of us like DLive but what we're seeing his 48 minutes of lob threat at the rim . And rim protection on the other end .... for 48 minutes. Excitement is brewing in Dallas.

The team .......I saw Luka ,Kyrie,Dante ,THJ all looking to move the ball with what is happening with the Center position . We've been crying for ball movement and thumbs up ,the ball was moving.

The defense showed itself this game .... guys were closing up the gap over and over , are they teasing us or are they understanding this can change how we look at them and they look at themselves.

They are both starting-calier C in the league. Gafford is better on playing against those bigger, stronger, paint area scoring type C that dont shoot 3 ball e.g. JV, Zubac, Nurkic etc. Lively is better on those more mobile type C that can shoot some 3 ball e.g. JJJ, Turner, Wemby. They have their strength and weakness, so actually we are currently having one of the better C rotation in the league.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#87 » by Bob8 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:55 am

tleikheen wrote:
Bob8 already did. He told you "Best offensive rtg in Nba is 122.5 and you have Gafford with 141?"

You don't think this is suspect? And you really think StatMuse has better data tracking than NBA.com site itself?

What are we idiots ,throw out your graphs ,be a man back your sh*t up . Eazy peazy . you havent shown anything to disprove statmuse 's numbers ,these arent my numbers . these are only personal attacks without the benefit of statistics . Just prove statmuses stats are wrong ? Come on back your sh*t up for a change.

First you need to understand what offensive rtg means. It's how many points team scores in 100 possession. Mavs offensive rtg is 118.1, 6th in the league. You should probably understand that Mavs are not scoring 141 points per 100 possessions, when Gafford is on the court. They're actually scoring 112.3 points per 100 possession, when he's on the court.

I don't know, if that's prove for you, but sometimes some common logic should be applied. Saying that Gafford has 141 offensive rtg is like saying that cows can fly and demand prove that they can't. They just can't.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#88 » by MassimoPayne » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:13 am

Loved this game.

You could really tell how much fun Gafford and Lively had. Their game was extraordinary.
But with all respect. This Bulls defense was one the worst things I have seen the whole season. Come on. How many times did Luka throw the ball halfcourt to Gaff/Liv without anyone in front of them.
They are both really good and the key to success. But let's not overreact. They both had easy games against those Bulls
AJace
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#89 » by AJace » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:21 am

Crazy to think that Kidd at one point was close to pushing Gafford entirely out of the rotation.

When you've got a dynamic playmaker/scorer like Luka, the impact of rim-runners/lob threats are amplified. It took a while for Kidd to realize that, although I'm still not fully confident he wouldn't go back to old habits.
MassimoPayne
Freshman

Post#90 » by MassimoPayne » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:35 am

my biggest fear is that Kidd randomly goes back to old rotaion and old habbits once Maxi or THJ hit a quick 3.

If it was not Lukas chasing for 30 he probably would've finished with 15+ assists. You also saw that he really was looking for the pass at first and not fos his own scoring. This felt good.
I am glad the 30pts TD streak is over. he played at least 10 minutes in the last two games that were completely unnessecary. For a player that already plays the second most minutes in the league this is insanse. rest him in blowout wins and **** stats. This made me really angry. Imagine him getting injured and the whole season is **** up.
I rather see him forcing assists than 30+ points.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,096

Post#91 » by Dirk » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:40 am

Apologise to Josh Green.

DJJr about to be cut after this...

The landlord serving some eviction papers.

60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,982

Post#92 » by Archx » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:10 am

tleikheen wrote:

Uhm... is everything ok over there? Blink twice if mod-Dirk is holding you hostage? :o

You asked a question twice, we gave you the answer. Don't ask questions if you don't like the answers, it's a simple unwritten life rule.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#93 » by daoneandonly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:34 am

Good win, much needed. Was really hoping PHX would lose, but cant have everything.

This is the key as many have mentioned. Lively and Gaff manning the vast majority of minutes at the 5, though I think Lively should start. Exum and DJJ getting their fair share of minutes, Hardy getting a chance, and keeping THJ and Green on a minutes restriction, not for injury, but for suckiness
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#94 » by daoneandonly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:51 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Lively and Gaff should never have less than 48 mins combined....never!!!

Totally agree. Maxi is a PF, he can play C in some specific clutch situations. No more.

Chicago is bad right now, no LaVine,Lonzo and P-Will is tough.

We needed an easy win. We get it. Good.

The only time they shouldnt is if its a blowout. Then I'd be fine with resting them and playing Maxi or Powell at the 5. Or if there's a few seconds on the clock and Mavs need shooters all around. Otherwise yeah, these 2 should be owning minutes at the 5.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#95 » by dirkforpres » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:45 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Good win, much needed. Was really hoping PHX would lose, but cant have everything.

This is the key as many have mentioned. Lively and Gaff manning the vast majority of minutes at the 5, though I think Lively should start. Exum and DJJ getting their fair share of minutes, Hardy getting a chance, and keeping THJ and Green on a minutes restriction, not for injury, but for suckiness

Not sure about that. I love Lively and we know hes going to be great, but Gafford is the better player right now in 2024.
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#96 » by daoneandonly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:00 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Good win, much needed. Was really hoping PHX would lose, but cant have everything.

Not sure about that. I love Lively and we know hes going to be great, but Gafford is the better player right now in 2024.

I think Lively is the better player overall, and so much room to still grow. The best way to see that come to fruition is to let him go through growing pains and take any necessary lumps
MassimoPayne
Freshman

Post#97 » by MassimoPayne » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 pm

right now the mavs have not the situation to let someone go through growing pains. it is luka's prime and they are struggeling to get a direct playoff spot.
that is why gafford is right now the better player and should definetely start. Lively should still get 20 min but I am glad the mavs now have the luxury to always sub in Gaff if something is not working for him.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#98 » by dirkforpres » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:36 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

I think Lively is the better player overall, and so much room to still grow. The best way to see that come to fruition is to let him go through growing pains and take any necessary lumps

He is still playing 20+ minutes, so he is getting plenty of reps needed to grow. I think another summer league and training camp will likely equate to huge strides made for him and OMax going into next season. For now, Gafford just makes more sense with the starters. Also allows us to better preserve his health and stay out of foul trouble... Both of which he has had issues with this season.
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#99 » by daoneandonly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:50 pm

AT the end of the day, both Gaff and Lively deserve good playing time. Its Green and THJ that need to be upgraded in the offseason.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#100 » by Teffer10 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 pm

AJace wrote:Crazy to think that Kidd at one point was close to pushing Gafford entirely out of the rotation.

When you've got a dynamic playmaker/scorer like Luka, the impact of rim-runners/lob threats are amplified. It took a while for Kidd to realize that, although I'm still not fully confident he wouldn't go back to old habits.

Agree
Kidd's philosophy:
- They go big so we go small to create a mismatch.
- They go small so we stay small to matchup.

Never understood that stupid philosophy....especially when they won a championship the one year they went against it.

Return to Dallas Mavericks