ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 10PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,958

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 10PMEST) 

Post#121 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:02 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Cuban went cheap after 2011, those moves are the proofs... But we have a lot of other moves in the same way, i remember very well the days with Monta Ellis or OJ Majo go to guy.

Dirk deserved a more dignified career ending.

Those were signings after all the stars they wanted didn't want to come and then they were like "oh crap, we still have to field a team next year".
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,835

Post#122 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:14 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Cuban went cheap after 2011, those moves are the proofs... But we have a lot of other moves in the same way, i remember very well the days with Monta Ellis or OJ Majo go to guy.

Dirk deserved a more dignified career ending.

Those were signings after all the stars they wanted didn't want to come and then they were like "oh crap, we still have to field a team next year".

Yes this was the Cuban explanation...
joesha1698
Junior
And1: 108

Post#123 » by joesha1698 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:32 pm

Archx wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:At the end of the day, we have guys on this team that are too inconsistent. That's the difference between a championship team and a team that will only go as far as its best players take them. Obviously with luka out there it takes a lot of pressure off some of the other guys. That's still not an excuse for the lack of aggressive, rebounding like girls, and I just dont see the hooper spirit.

Ok so which is it now? You want more ball movement on offense, which may or may not work with Luka or you want Luka to carry his own way? Did you maybe finally realize what we have been trying to tell you this whole time about Mavs?

Yes, I still want ball movement. I feel like we could have got a little more ball movement against OKC but without Luka on the court - I have to be realistic. I want Luka to be Luka but to limit one on one until when we need it...then he can have at it, go win the game!

Kyrie got his teammates alot of open shots (had 12 assists) but could of had 15-18 if those guys hit the shots or finish the plays. Obviously, if Luka was there we beat OKC. We just couldn't overcome OKC with no Luka considering how bad some of the supporting cast played.

The optimum words I used were "championship team". With a healthy Luka and Kyrie (even with the inconsistency of this supporting cast) we could "potentially" beat most teams in the East and West. However, when you get down to the top 2 teams in the West and East - that's where the inconsistency of the supporting cast will be tested. So, to move from "potentially" to "favorite" we can't have as many weak links. We cant have guys going 1-10 when the majority of them are wide open. We need the supporting cast to play at a higher level every night on defense as well. These guys are essentially 3-D guys and need to play like it.

Return to Dallas Mavericks