ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 10PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 10PMEST) 

Post#101 » by Bob8 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 am

Mavrelous wrote:Good showing, impossible to win with this kind of shooting and this kind of whistle, rest Kyrie and Luka against Denver and then finish the season strong.

Who says that Luka can't play on Sunday? Pulled hamstring, grade 1, can be ok in few days. He was moving very slowly, when injury happened, so I believe we can have some optimism.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,439

Post#102 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:55 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Good showing, impossible to win with this kind of shooting and this kind of whistle, rest Kyrie and Luka against Denver and then finish the season strong.

Who says that Luka can't play on Sunday? Pulled hamstring, grade 1, can be ok in few days. He was moving very slowly, when injury happened, so I believe we can have some optimism.

I don't know, but it's DEN on the road, if there's doubt then there's no doubt, rest him and Kyrie.
Mavs 6th seed hopes hinge on the 2 game against the Kings.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager

Post#103 » by Bob8 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:28 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I don't know, but it's DEN on the road, if there's doubt then there's no doubt, rest him and Kyrie.

Game is at home.

They won't let him play anyway, if his injury is not minor. If he was sprinting, when it happened, it would be over for this season for Luka. Now we at least have hope.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,835

Post#104 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:34 am

We can't win against OKC with 2 starters shooting trash like Exum and PJ. No way.

Mavs played a great game leaded by Kyrie. He was insane.
THJ finally found his shoots but when he dribble or pass it's a TO machine.
Gafford is a beast.

Those minutes with Kleber at the C killed us again. Kidd will never learn the lesson. It's a moron.

Lively hits the rookie wall. We will see if he is really good or just another mediocre tall C.

Josh hurts.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 959

Post#105 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:40 am

GermanFan120 » Today 7:08 am

tleikheen wrote:
i agree but with the showing of some of these guys around luka and kyrie - luka needs to play. which why u dont over use luka in those other games - now those injuries are showing up.

Basketball is basketball ,rolled ankles ,stepping on feet arent signs of being tired , they just happen . Green he didnt look tired when he hurt his ankle ,Gaff came close to getting hurt and he's not tired

Clearly you only watch basketball and you don't play this sport.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Out of 6 pages you comment twice and just try to start sh*t , Grow up son I'm not interested in your whiny sh*t
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#106 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:54 am

tleikheen wrote:Out of 6 pages you comment twice and just try to start sh*t , Grow up son I'm not interested in your whiny sh*t

Please don't evade the language filter and attack anyone who disagrees with you, the of the forum is for discussion.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 959

Post#107 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:00 am

The only teams in the NBA that try to give away games at HOME are the worst teams in the NBA and trying to get the #1 pick. THAT IS NOT THE MAVERICKS. Only a misguided fan would sit Kyrie down when hes smoking on the court and try to cool him off . Only a misguided fan doesnt recognize players that are playing at a high level want to take games off at home and take a loss when they don't want to take a loss. Kyrie has been to the promised land in put the dagger into GS to win the Championship and knows Luka cant play and he's needed and he wants to lead his team to a win.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#108 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:09 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Game is at home.

They won't let him play anyway, if his injury is not minor. If he was sprinting, when it happened, it would be over for this season for Luka. Now we at least have hope.

In 21, James Harden with the Nets had a sore hamstring, he got back and strained it and sat for the rest of the season, once Kyrie went down against the Bucks he played, and was walking up and down the floor.
I'm not familiar with sports physiotherapy, but I've seen hamstrings kill players seasons before.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#109 » by Bob8 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:21 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Game is at home.

In 21, James Harden with the Nets had a sore hamstring, he got back and strained it and sat for the rest of the season, once Kyrie went down against the Bucks he played, and was walking up and down the floor.
I'm not familiar with sports physiotherapy, but I've seen hamstrings kill players seasons before.

Like I said, he won't play, if it's any kind of, even micro, tear. Based on how he went out, it's hope, that he just mildly pulled it. We will see soon.

Hamstring can happen out of the blue, you don't need to have sore hamstrings before. Professional sportsmen nowadays have all the equipment and knowledge available to make the right decision, to play or not to play.

If you're afraid for Sunday, you should be equally afraid for next games too. Unfortunately Mavs haven't luxury to wait much longer or season will be quickly over for everyone.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#110 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:25 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Game is at home.

Like I said, he won't play, if it's any kind of, even micro, tear. Based on how he went out, it's hope, that he just mildly pulled it.

Hamstring can happen out of the blue, you don't need to have sore hamstrings before. Professional sportsmen nowadays have all the equipment and knowledge available to make the right decision.

If you're afraid for Sunday, you should be equally afraid for next games too. Unfortunately Mavs haven't luxury to wait much longer or season will be quickly over for everyone.

There are levels for concern...
Ideally they finish 6th, 2nd best option is 7th/8th and can advance to the PO with one win, if they drop further, it's really screwed up, but worst outcome would be not being healthy for the play in.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#111 » by Bob8 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:27 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Like I said, he won't play, if it's any kind of, even micro, tear. Based on how he went out, it's hope, that he just mildly pulled it.

Hamstring can happen out of the blue, you don't need to have sore hamstrings before. Professional sportsmen nowadays have all the equipment and knowledge available to make the right decision.

There are levels for concern...
Ideally they finish 6th, 2nd best option is 7th/8th and can advance to the PO with one win, if they drop further, it's really screwed up, but worst outcome would be not being healthy for the play in.

Then you have to rest Luka at least 2 weeks. If there's something wrong with his muscle, few days more rest won't change anything. It's 14 days minimum.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#112 » by Archx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:02 pm

joesha1698 wrote:At the end of the day, we have guys on this team that are too inconsistent. That's the difference between a championship team and a team that will only go as far as its best players take them. Obviously with luka out there it takes a lot of pressure off some of the other guys. That's still not an excuse for the lack of aggressive, rebounding like girls, and I just dont see the hooper spirit.

Ok so which is it now? You want more ball movement on offense, which may or may not work with Luka or you want Luka to carry his own way? Did you maybe finally realize what we have been trying to tell you this whole time about Mavs?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:09 pm

That 9-0 at the end of 3rd when OKC grabbed 2/3 offensive rebounds with Kleber at the C killed our momentum. Thank you Kidd.

Exum like primary ballhandler was a disaster , he needs Luka absolutely because Kyrie plays more SG than PG.

Shai is insane. What a player.
But Jalen Williams is very good too.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,960

Post#114 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:55 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Game is at home.

Like I said, he won't play, if it's any kind of, even micro, tear. Based on how he went out, it's hope, that he just mildly pulled it. We will see soon.

Hamstring can happen out of the blue, you don't need to have sore hamstrings before. Professional sportsmen nowadays have all the equipment and knowledge available to make the right decision, to play or not to play.

Getting a top 6 seed is pretty bleak now, unless Luka can get healthy and we can beat Kings twice.

OTTH, being at least a play-in team is nearly a lock. #11 right now Houston is 6.5 games behind us. So the season probably will not change very much except play in seeding.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#115 » by MassimoPayne » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 pm

why was no real C at the end of the game on the court.
Even if it looked terrible in streches a few more rebound and kyre 3s and they are completely back in the game. Even in the last 4 minutes.
But no... Maxi playing and we can't get defense rebounds
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#116 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:58 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:why was no real C at the end of the game on the court.
Even if it looked terrible in streches a few more rebound and kyre 3s and they are completely back in the game. Even in the last 4 minutes.

Yeah it's an ongoing issue, we finally got Powell out of the rotation now we have a new Powell. Maxi should not have been extended last season, who were they competing against? They are too loyal to average players like Maxi Powell and THJ when this is not the business to be loyal to someone who doesn't deserve it. Loyalty is earned
Bob8
General Manager

Post#117 » by Bob8 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:43 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Getting a top 6 seed is pretty bleak now, unless Luka can get healthy and we can beat Kings twice.

OTTH, being at least a play-in team is nearly a lock. #11 right now Houston is 6.5 games behind us. So the season probably will not change very much except play in seeding.

No. We have the easiest schedule between teams 5-10.

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

With good finish we can easily finish in top 6. And it's a big difference if you finish 7th or 10th. 7th means you need to win 1/2 home games, 10th, 2/2 away games. We need to be at least 8th to have realistic chances.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#118 » by arkuo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:09 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:

Yeah it's an ongoing issue, we finally got Powell out of the rotation now we have a new Powell. Maxi should not have been extended last season, who were they competing against? They are too loyal to average players like Maxi Powell and THJ when this is not the business to be loyal to someone who doesn't deserve it. Loyalty is earned

It's not loyalty. Loyalty is when you re-sign Tyson Chandler after winning a chip. Powell, Maxi and THJ weren't re-signed out of loyalty. I think it's because the negotiations for them were easier than going out and actually finding good players to re-sign for that amount. So it's part laziness and partly being cheap.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#119 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:16 pm

arkuo wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

It's not loyalty. Loyalty is when you re-sign Tyson Chandler after winning a chip. Powell, Maxi and THJ weren't re-signed out of loyalty. I think it's because the negotiations for them were easier than going out and actually finding good players to re-sign for that amount. So it's part laziness and partly being cheap.

Loyalty is when you re-sign Tyson Chandler after winning a championship? No just no. That's called trying to repeat instead of giving up and selling it to your fanbase that the roster was too old to contend. Wanting some super team or too cheap to pay the taxes.

That is arguable the single dumbest thing the franchise has ever done, or top 5 at least. I 100% blame Cuban.

It is loyalty with Powell and Maxi. Powell is Cuban's movie buddy (been here almost 10 years a throw in in the Rondo trade) and Maxi was somehow getting playing time over Gafford which makes no sense. Maybe they'll see now that Gafford is really good but they closed with Maxi and no other center.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:43 pm

Cuban went cheap after 2011, those moves are the proofs... But we have a lot of other moves in the same way, i remember very well the days with Monta Ellis or OJ Majo go to guy.

Dirk deserved a more dignified career ending.

Return to Dallas Mavericks