ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 10PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 10PMEST) 

Post#81 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:24 am

Washington just killed a great opportunity here, 0-6 from 3pt land.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
joesha1698
Junior
And1: 108

Post#82 » by joesha1698 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:27 am

gottamakeit wrote:Wash is ass
Where his defenders at?

You gonna either have to coach him up or trade him in a big deal in the off season. simple as that.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 959

Post#83 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:29 am

Kleber for a block .......NOT
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,439

Post#84 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:30 am

Good showing, impossible to win with this kind of shooting and this kind of whistle, rest Kyrie and Luka against Denver and then finish the season strong.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
joesha1698
Junior

Post#85 » by joesha1698 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:31 am

Mavrelous wrote:Good showing, impossible to win with this kind of shooting and this kind of whistle, rest Kyrie and Luka against Denver and then finish the season strong.

sga with the small market bs is annoying. but washington's problem is mental. He's needs to be coached. I would not let him sit in the corner if he cannot consistency knock down that shot. washington needs to play more aggressive
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#86 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:32 am

You dont sit Kyrie down after a 36 pt/12 assist game against Denver ....he did nothing wrong
joesha1698
Junior

Post#87 » by joesha1698 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:34 am

tleikheen wrote:You dont sit Kyrie down after a 36 pt/12 assist game against Denver ....he did nothing wrong

i agree but with the showing of some of these guys around luka and kyrie - luka needs to play. which why u dont over use luka in those other games - now those injuries are showing up.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#88 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:35 am

Ok Washington and Exum played awful and DLive didnt do much in this game but I seen enough that they'll play tough against Denver
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#89 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 am

tleikheen wrote:You dont sit Kyrie down after a 36 pt/12 assist game against Denver ....he did nothing wrong

He needs rest, he's been playing non-stop since he came back from injury, Mavs need every one after the DEN game, DEN is just too tall a task even with Luka, let alone w/o him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#90 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:40 am

joesha1698 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Good showing, impossible to win with this kind of shooting and this kind of whistle, rest Kyrie and Luka against Denver and then finish the season strong.

sga with the small market bs is annoying. but washington's problem is mental. He's needs to be coached. I would not let him sit in the corner if he cannot consistency knock down that shot. washington needs to play more aggressive

I like SGA a lot, I can't stand his whistle this season, no star get this much fouls from simple bumps and soft touches, Embiid, Lillard, Giannis and SGA became impossible to guard when other stars are getting killed (Luka, Jokic, Kyrie, Zion) with no whisle.
I want PJ to start shooting, he wasn't good this game, but even in his other bad shooting games he was very good contributor.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Post#91 » by gottamakeit » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:40 am

Washington needs to commit seppuku after tonight's performance
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#92 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:40 am

i agree but with the showing of some of these guys around luka and kyrie - luka needs to play. which why u dont over use luka in those other games - now those injuries are showing up.

Basketball is basketball ,rolled ankles ,stepping on feet arent signs of being tired , they just happen . Green he didnt look tired when he hurt his ankle ,Gaff came close to getting hurt and he's not tired
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#93 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:43 am

[quote][He needs rest, he's been playing non-stop since he came back from injury, Mavs need every one after the DEN game, DEN is just too tall a task even with Luka, let alone w/o him./quote]

Im glad your not a coach ..... Kyrie is ballin and he can go on these kind of streaks like Luka . You don't sit any star player down when their balling at a high level
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#94 » by Mavrelous » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:44 am

OKC is the matchup I hope for if Mavs make the PO, I expect the whisle to get looser and they can't match Mavs size in the paint.
joesha1698
Junior

Post#95 » by joesha1698 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:45 am

At the end of the day, we have guys on this team that are too inconsistent. That's the difference between a championship team and a team that will only go as far as its best players take them. Obviously with luka out there it takes a lot of pressure off some of the other guys. That's still not an excuse for the lack of aggressive, rebounding like girls, and I just dont see the hooper spirit.

In order to win a ring, we have to bring in some consistent guys that are fighters. Simple as that. I'll keep the centers. Kyrie and Luka. Outside of those guys (unless something changes in the playoffs, if we make it) we probably have to do a big trade and bring in a consistent guy at the PF position/. Exum and Jones - you can keep them as well. Green, Maxi, Washington, THJ and Hardy is 50/50...might keep but will let go for the right piece.

The core: Luka, Kyrie, Lively, Gafford, Exum, Jones - outside of those guys we just dont get the level of effort / consistency on both sides of the ball to justify keeping those guys. THJ - I appreciate what he brings to the table but his decisions and defense - last year on his deal - you gotta get someone more consistent on both sides of the ball. I would go after a big name to form a big 3. Best case is you get a PF. I have a feeling that Green stays here and I'm somewhat fine with that as long as we get an upgrade at PF and get rid of THJ and Washington - unless he shows me something different in the playoffs. It's not like Kidd is actually coaching him up.
joesha1698
Junior

Post#96 » by joesha1698 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:48 am

Mavrelous wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:

I like SGA a lot, I can't stand his whistle this season, no star get this much fouls from simple bumps and soft touches, Embiid, Lillard, Giannis and SGA became impossible to guard when other stars are getting killed (Luka, Jokic, Kyrie, Zion) with no whisle.
I want PJ to start shooting, he wasn't good this game, but even in his other bad shooting games he was very good contributor.

small market bs. they are just trying to help out okc. as for washington - he's like dlo russell with the lakers. he has shown that he can put the ball in the basket. i think we're just using him two ways. pick and pop floater and for the 3. could Kidd try some different things with him? I actually think Washington should just set the picks so he doesnt have to be the shooter at the end of the play. stick someone else in the corner who can actually consistently hit that shot. with that being said, washington just doesnt play confident enough to me.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#97 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:49 am

At the end of the day, we have guys on this team that are too inconsistent. That's the difference between a championship team and a team that will only go as far as its best players take them. Obviously with luka out there it takes a lot of pressure off some of the other guys. That's still not an excuse for the lack of aggressive, rebounding like girls, and I just dont see the hooper spirit.

In order to win a ring, we have to bring in some consistent guys that are fighters. Simple as that. I'll keep the centers. Kyrie and Luka. Outside of those guys (unless something changes in the playoffs, if we make it) we probably have to do a big trade and bring in a consistent guy at the PF position/. Exum and Jones - you can keep them as well. Green, Maxi, Washington, THJ and Hardy is 50/50...might keep but will let go for the right piece.

The core: Luka, Kyrie, Lively, Gafford, Exum, Jones - outside of those guys we just dont get the level of effort / consistency on both sides of the ball to justify keeping those guys. THJ - I appreciate what he brings to the table but his decisions and defense - last year on his deal - you gotta get someone more consistent on both sides of the ball. I would go after a big name to form a big 3. Best case is you get a PF. I have a feeling that Green stays here and I'm somewhat fine with that as long as we get an upgrade at PF and get rid of THJ and Washington - unless he shows me something different in the playoffs. It's not like Kidd is actually coaching him up.

Who cares about next yr ... Im into this year and still alot of basketball left ....OKC struggled to beat Dallas without Luka . This years Mavs are competitive even without Luka and would have beaten the top of the Western Conference team on their homecourt if Luka played tonight.
joesha1698
Junior

Post#98 » by joesha1698 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:52 am

tleikheen wrote:

Who cares about next yr ... Im into this year and still alot of basketball left ....OKC struggled to beat Dallas without Luka . D This years Mavs are competitive even without Luka and would have beaten the top of the Western Conference on their homecourt if Luka played tonight.

I care about this year as well. I feel u though. It just sucks seeing this team beat itself. i dont see any new wrinkle or any type of coaching individual guys. what happened to coaching players and finding ways to use / motivate them? some guys need that.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#99 » by tleikheen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:06 am

Washington had a bad game ,Exum had a bad game and Lively wasnt much either but I think they'll ALL play better against Denver . Mavs will not concede to Denver on their home court after still making OKC play all the way to beat them. Kyrie is ballin and Mavs hold their court against the Nuggets.
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,100

Post#100 » by GermanFan120 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:08 am

tleikheen wrote:

Basketball is basketball ,rolled ankles ,stepping on feet arent signs of being tired , they just happen . Green he didnt look tired when he hurt his ankle ,Gaff came close to getting hurt and he's not tired

Clearly you only watch basketball and you don't play this sport.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Return to Dallas Mavericks