ImageImageImage

Playoff Matchups

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 51

Re: Playoff Matchups 

Post#21 » by Marko_MFFL » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:22 pm

StoneIsland wrote:Everything changes if that Ingram injury is serious and by the looks, it seems that it is serious.

He will miss at least 2 weeks, but he will be ready for the playoffs.
Pelicans schedule: @Heat, @Pistons, OKC, Bucks, Celtics, Suns, Magic, Spurs, @Suns, Blazers.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#22 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:09 pm

Marko_MFFL wrote:
StoneIsland wrote:Everything changes if that Ingram injury is serious and by the looks, it seems that it is serious.

Pelicans schedule: @Heat, @Pistons, OKC, Bucks, Celtics, Suns, Magic, Spurs, @Suns, Blazers.

Brutal stretch with OKC-Bucks-Celtics-Suns-Magic.

Mavs-Suns have a solid chance to get that 5th seed.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:13 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Houston is all of a sudden pretty good. I really hope we can avoid the play in at all costs. Such a stupid idea and i dont want to fight it out with lebron and/or steph in a pressure situation.

Rockets had a pretty easy stretch.
Playing multiple times with Blazers, Wizards, Jazz, Spurs and getting injury-riddled Cavs were the main parts of the stretch. They'll most probably win their next Blazers and Jazz game easily too. Very favorable stretch where you win-win-win and be happier, dont get tired out too much.
Mavs will stop them though!
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Post#24 » by gottamakeit » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:05 pm

I think it would be wise to ramp up OMax's minutes especially in garbage time. I believe his defense could become extremely valuable to this team as we are short on big wing defenders. I think he has the wingspan/heft to play the 4.

Maxi Kleber is tested, he has composure and bball IQ, but has lost his athletic abilities. He can no longer guard perimeter players.

Here is where OMax comes in. I think with enough experience he could be a major contributor to this team in replacing what we've lost in Maxi and DFS. I don't think its the 3-ball holding him back, its the decision making and that only comes with experience.

Maybe he's still a season away. But i think we need to test his abilities (before the year is out) to make sure we're not squandering them.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#25 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm

gottamakeit wrote:I think it would be wise to ramp up OMax's minutes especially in garbage time. I believe his defense could become extremely valuable to this team as we are short on big wing defenders. I think he has the wingspan/heft to play the 4.

Maxi Kleber is tested, he has composure and bball IQ, but has lost his athletic abilities. He can no longer guard perimeter players.

Here is where OMax comes in. I think with enough experience he could be a major contributor to this team in replacing what we've lost in Maxi and DFS. I don't think its the 3-ball holding him back, its the decision making and that only comes with experience.

Maybe he's still a season away. But i think we need to test his abilities (before the year is out) to make sure we're not squandering them.

No need to hurry with him, next season he will play more minutes if he will deserve it.

This rotations are working so Omax has the time to grow up.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#26 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:30 pm

gottamakeit wrote:I think it would be wise to ramp up OMax's minutes especially in garbage time. I believe his defense could become extremely valuable to this team as we are short on big wing defenders. I think he has the wingspan/heft to play the 4.

He´s not even with the team on this trip so I don´t see any of that happening before next season really. A full summer of NBA level workout, summer league and training camp should hopefully bring him closer to the active rotation for next season, the promise is there.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#27 » by daoneandonly » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:40 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:

No need to hurry with him, next season he will play more minutes if he will deserve it.

This rotations are working so Omax has the time to grow up.

Yea but we do desperately need wing play. When thj is off he's brutal out there. Kidd won't play Hardy, and Exum is too injury prone to be relied upon
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,931

Post#28 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:10 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Marko_MFFL wrote:

Guess you haven't seen Suns schedule, zero easy games left.

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Marko_MFFL wrote:He will miss at least 2 weeks, but he will be ready for the playoffs.

Guess you haven't seen Suns schedule, zero easy games left.

Suns doesn't have as easy schedule as Mavs but I respect that team more than Kings, Pelicans with no Ingram.
They beat Nuggets last night for instance.

Overall, I think Mavs have a solid chance to finish above play-ins, and a chance for 4th seed. Though I dont know if we'd like to play with Nuggets in 2nd round.

I'd support Suns to steal some games from Clippers and Pelicans for sure.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

In the last games, some teams may want to drop from 4th-5th seed to avoid tough Mavs, Clippers matchups and then playing Denver in 2nd round. I'd rather play OKC or Wolves than Clippers/Suns, Denver.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Fewer games left, and the Mavs pretty much secured the top 6, maybe even 5th already.

Playing the Clippers in the first round will be tiresome. Last year PHX won over them but PG was injured and later Kawhi too.
I don't believe they can stay healthy for 4 rounds but the first round, they can put up a fight...

I am fine with playing the Clippers but more concerned about a potential WCSF matchup with Nuggets. Wolves-Nuggets-OKC are still so close. If Denver is not 1st seed then Mavs should keep 5th seed. Looking at Clippers schedule, I think they most likely secured the 4th.

Mavs may want to drop to the 6th. We would need to lose at least two probably three games. So I think we should rest our starters especially Luka-Kyrie against Miami. Losing against Miami would keep our options open.

If Nuggets win over Wolves to get the 1st seed, then we can rest our starters and lose against Detroit and OKC.
If Wolves win over Nuggets, then let's go for a win while resting some.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#32 » by tleikheen » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:31 pm

Mavs and Nuggets are on a collision course .......Last night in winning time Denver played Watson and Braun w/ Jokic,Murray and MPJ instead of AG & KCP. They looked faster . I dont think this is for any other team but the Mavs.

We know Jokic and Luka are going to be unstoppable so I think 2 guys will be key factors on how this series will go.

If MPJ is consistent on his 3 pt shooting and playing a lot of minutes Denver probably wins another Championship.
If he has a slump like last yrs playoffs ,Mavs can beat them ..... IF ......

Kyrie has a monster series. Who can guard Kyrie on the Nuggets?

I think they'res 3 teams coming down the stretch looking like Champion contenders Denver and Boston and the spoiler Dallas.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Post#33 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:02 am

Is Kawhi really hurt or is just smokescreen???

Anyway if our role players will make the 3s i'm pretty confident on this match up. Luka needs revenge.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,434

Post#34 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:12 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Is Kawhi really hurt or is just smokescreen???

Anyway if our role players will make the 3s i'm pretty confident on this match up. Luka needs revenge.

Had an inflammation on his knee and they shut him down, seems like he should be good to go.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:20 am

Clippers and Kawhi probably have 0-10 healthy games left. The problem is facing them in 1st round if Kawhi plays healthy for 7 games. So it’ll be tough matchup but very much winnable now with Gafford and hopefully Lively if he decides to play after the tragedy.

Thank god that Denver lost a game. I assume they didnt want to play with Lakers/Warriors and then Mavs. This is great news for Mavs.

If we lose to OKC Thunder we basically get a WCSF against Thunder or play against play-in winner.
Play-in winner may have legs to beat OKC but they’d be tired coming to WCSF and Mavs would have home court in that hypothetical series.

Clippers - OKC or play-in winner - Denver

Return to Dallas Mavericks