ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Jazz (830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,835

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Jazz (830PMEST) 

Post#61 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:26 pm

Bob8 wrote:Did anyone notice how PJ is shooting 3s? He's just unable to shoot them straight.

How much easier it would be for Mavs, if he could hit few 3s per night, but something is off with his shot.

His shooting form is better from the dribble or pull up... I hope it's the pressure, some 3s are very "crooked" :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,960

Post#62 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:28 pm

Is Gafford injury serious? I didn't watch the game.
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#63 » by Marko_MFFL » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:35 pm

Archx wrote:Not even joking when i say i'm absolutely shocked how bad THJ has become. One good game out of 5 doesn't even make him a 20 mpg player anymore.

Hardy needs to get more minutes than THJ, he simply deserves it more. He shoots better, with more minutes he would gain confidence and would be even better, his playmaking has improved, THJ's playmaking is not existing.
The last 2 times when he had significant minutes (17th minutes vs OKC and yesterday vs Jazz) he recorded 5 assists each.
Hardy is just better basketball player right now than THJ.
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#64 » by Marko_MFFL » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:36 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Is Gafford injury serious? I didn't watch the game.

No, he's fine, he finished the game.
Dan1970
Freshman
And1: 54

Post#65 » by Dan1970 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:50 pm

THJ has been the same player his entire career. He is either very hot or very cold. Overall, he is going to shoot at around 40% and make about 35% from threes.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#66 » by Bob8 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:06 am

Archx wrote:Not even joking when i say i'm absolutely shocked how bad THJ has become. One good game out of 5 doesn't even make him a 20 mpg player anymore.

It's the same story with all those volume scorers. If you take away their minutes and shots, they're dead. It was the same thing with Bertans, whose % plunged with lower playing time. THJ needs rhythm to be useful, he's not getting it anymore, so Kidd should use him as little as possible. Mavs will still need to find 3rd scorer to be successful in playoffs. PJ would be ideal, but his shot looks to be totally broken.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#67 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 am

Bob8 wrote: Mavs will still need to find 3rd scorer to be successful in playoffs. PJ would be ideal, but his shot looks to be totally broken.

We're fine

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Post#68 » by Teffer10 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:50 am

Bob8 wrote:

It's the same story with all those volume scorers. If you take away their minutes and shots, they're dead. It was the same thing with Bertans, whose % plunged with lower playing time. THJ needs rhythm to be useful, he's not getting it anymore, so Kidd should use him as little as possible. Mavs will still need to find 3rd scorer to be successful in playoffs. PJ would be ideal, but his shot looks to be totally broken.

It's too bad Josh hasn't developed into the perfect 2 way player we need.

Luka and Kyrie make up for the lack of offense from PJand our centers, and PJ and our centers make up for the lack of defensive from Kyrie and Luka.

We desperately need that 2 way wing to balance our SL. Unfortunately nobody has stepped up into that role and Exum or Green are about our best choices.

That has to be addressed in the offseason.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#69 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:28 am

I've said this before but the problem with wings in the NBA is they're either too good or not that good. We're obviously not getting a Kawhi or Lebron or even a Anunoby. We'd be fortunate to get DFS back.

I'd like to see Luka with a really good wing but he's had Harrison Barnes and DFS which are decent at best.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#70 » by Teffer10 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:49 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I've said this before but the problem with wings in the NBA is they're either too good or not that good. We're obviously not getting a Kawhi or Lebron or even a Anunoby. We'd be fortunate to get DFS back.

I'd like to see Luka with a really good wing but he's had Harrison Barnes and DFS which are decent at best.

I think Josh has reached his peak as a Mav, and Exum is too injury prone.
Mavs need a solid wing who can guard 1-3 and provide consistent double digit scoring.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#71 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:48 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I've said this before but the problem with wings in the NBA is they're either too good or not that good. We're obviously not getting a Kawhi or Lebron or even a Anunoby. We'd be fortunate to get DFS back.

Mavs need a solid wing who can guard 1-3 and provide consistent double digit scoring.

Too good for us to get:
Tatum, Lebron, Butler, Kawhi, Ingram, Bane, PG, Middleton, Bridges, Wagner, Jalen Williams, Porter Jr., Brooks, Mathurin, Barrett, Strus

Possibly getable:
Demar Derozan (not a good defender), Wiggins, Harrison Barnes, DFS, Thybulle (bad scorer).

I'm not even sure we can actually get one on that list, just that it's not a joke like trading for Tatum or Kawhi. And most are not ideal anyway.

Like I said before either too good or not that great. That's why we need to use our draft picks until we hit on one.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,044

Post#72 » by daoneandonly » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:54 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

Too good for us to get:
Tatum, Lebron, Butler, Kawhi, Ingram, Bane, PG, Middleton, Bridges, Wagner, Jalen Williams, Porter Jr., Brooks, Mathurin, Barrett, Strus

Possibly getable:
Demar Derozan (not a good defender), Wiggins, Harrison Barnes, DFS, Thybulle (bad scorer).

I'm not even sure we can actually get one on that list, just that it's not a joke like trading for Tatum or Kawhi. And most are not ideal anyway.

Like I said before either too good or not that great. That's why we need to use our draft picks until we hit on one.

Khalil suggested Naji Marshall who would be a great and gettable target.

Yea Josh reached his peak when he was extension eligible. We need to dump at least one of Josh or THJ and give that money to Naji & DJJ
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#73 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:26 pm

I'm not really familiar with him but looking at his stats he's not bad. He's only started 1 game this season though for New Orleans.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#74 » by Teffer10 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:43 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

Too good for us to get:

Possibly getable:

Wiggins intrigues me.
He has the attributes to be a perfect fit but the mental state is concerning.
Obviously why he might be achievable with our limited assets.
Trading for him could become another Josh Richardson situation.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#75 » by Archx » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote: We need to dump at least one of Josh or THJ and give that money to Naji & DJJ

DJJ can be resigned even without giving up any player. I'm not convinced he'll command more than 10M anyway. So split MLE with 2 guys maybe.... dunno what his agent will be asking for.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,835

Post#76 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:58 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:I think Josh has reached his peak as a Mav, and Exum is too injury prone.

Too good for us to get:

Possibly getable:

Wiggins intrigues me.
He has the attributes to be a perfect fit but the mental state is concerning.
Obviously why he might be achievable with our limited assets.
Trading for him could become another Josh Richardson situation.

Yes Wiggins is the perfect fit for us... Unfortunately he seems completely mind broken.

Return to Dallas Mavericks