ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Hawks (Thursd., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Hawks (Thursd., 830PMEST) 

Post#61 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:49 am

Ugly ugly ugly game. But a W is a W.

Do you had problems with the LP too?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,455

Post#62 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:02 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Ugly ugly ugly game. But a W is a W.

Didn't watch the Mavs game, watched the Nuggets/Clippers, had no issue.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#63 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:25 am

Just horrible scheduling by league...
The team comes from a 5 games road trip that included massive amounts travel, have one day rest and then play 3 games in 4 days, they already looked done in the 4th quarter in the 1st game.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#64 » by MassimoPayne » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:25 am

The good thing is: Usually we lost these ugly games.
The bad thing is: These guys need some rest, but there is no time for that. Hopefully no more injuries incoming
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,572

Post#65 » by Bob8 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:10 am

Mavrelous wrote:Just horrible scheduling by league...
The team comes from a 5 games road trip that included massive amounts travel, have one day rest and then play 3 games in 4 days, they already looked done in the 4th quarter in the 1st game.

At least or Mavs opponents have similarly difficult schedules.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#66 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:17 am

Bob8 wrote:

Mavs schedule in terms of SRS is fairly easy, but they started 3 games in 3.5 days (Houston game is a matinee), after a very long and exhaustive road trip.
I'm not worried about results, I'm worried about injuries.
I hope they win the next 2 games, this way they can totally punt the trip to the east coast and keep Luka, Kyrie and Gafford at home.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#67 » by Bob8 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:36 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Mavs schedule in terms of SRS is fairly easy, but they started 3 games in 3.5 days (Houston game is a matinee), after a very long and exhaustive road trip.
I hope they win the next 2 games, this way they can totally punt the trip to the east coast and keep Luka, Kyrie and Gafford at home.

I wanted to say that Hawks played on back2back, Warriors will be on back2back too and Rockets are having 3 games in 3.5 days too. I agree that Mavs schedule is exhausting but at least their opponents having similar problems. Just imagine, if they have to play against rested teams. I hope that Rockets will be less eager to play hard with their chances gone.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#68 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:39 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I wanted to say that Hawks played on back2back, Warriors will be on back2back too and Rockets are having 3 games in 3.5 days too. I agree that Mavs schedule is exhausting but at least their opponents having similar problems. Just imagine, if they have to play against rested teams.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Mavs have to do this without their backup big and backup guard.
Kidd needs to get creative with rotations, but not roll out Kyrie/Hardy/THJ, play fresh legs who can defend like Lawson and Prosper in dead minutes.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#69 » by kacey ring » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:52 am

I was watching on LP on my phone, probably about an hour behind live action. It froze multiple times and skipped 1+ minutes ahead multiple times too. Not surprised though.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#70 » by Bob8 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:56 am

kacey ring wrote:

I was watching on LP on my phone, probably about an hour behind live action. It froze multiple times and skipped 1+ minutes ahead multiple times too. Not surprised though.

For us from Europe, the best solution is to watch game first in the morning. If the game is not too late, you get shortened 100 minutes version without timeouts, which works fine.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Post#71 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:08 am

Bob8 wrote:
kacey ring wrote:

For us from Europe, the best solution is to watch game first in the morning. If the game is not too late, you get shortened 100 minutes version without timeouts, which works fine.

I watched the game at 9am in Italy and freezed a lot of times. Unwatchable.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer

Post#72 » by kacey ring » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:21 am

Yeah, wish NBA could’ve worked out a better rescheduling for the postponed January game with Dubs.

Looks like original schedule was this:
-3/31 finish a 4 game road-trip in Houston
-4/2 home game vs Warriors
-4/5 home game vs Hawks

Atleast the rescheduling put us against teams that are on the backend of back to backs. Otherwise NBA didn’t have much flexibility.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-announces-schedule-changes-to-make-up-pair-of-postponed-warriors-games/amp/
kacey ring
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by kacey ring » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:26 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
kacey ring wrote:

I typically watch games live on LP on Roku TV. Outside of the occasional crash of the app it’s been a better experience than prior years.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#74 » by Bob8 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:38 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
kacey ring wrote:

I'm watching on TV app and have mostly no problems.
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#75 » by Marko_MFFL » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:17 pm

Return to Dallas Mavericks