ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Warriors (830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,061

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Warriors (830PMEST) 

Post#61 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:50 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Suns play the Clippers twice, of Kawhi stays out, winning both is not out of question, Suns will have tie breaker in this case, so standings aren't final, Suns overtaking the Clippers isn't out of question, it's low probability, since Clippers need to lose another game or two, but it's real possibility.

Clippers play Cleveland and Phoenix twice in a 4 day stretch.

Yeah, if somehow the spilraling Cavs pull off a win in LA, and Suns beat the Pelicans, Suns can overtake the Clippers in the standing if they beat them in the 2 H2H matchups, Mavs go 2-1 in the next 3, then the standings will be 3-way tie between the 3 teams.

I just did the math. In the case of that 3 way tie scenario the standings wouldn’t change.

Clippers and Suns would split the season series and have the same division record(clippers have to beat the Jazz), but the clippers have the better conference record. So therefore Clippers would be the division winner, and Dallas is a division winner. So therefore, Clippers would be 4th because they have the tiebreaker against Dallas, Dallas 5th, Phoenix 6th.

Or the clippers could just lose out and Dallas could win out and we could be 4th :).
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,506

Post#62 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:57 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Clippers play Cleveland and Phoenix twice in a 4 day stretch.

Yeah, if somehow the spilraling Cavs pull off a win in LA, and Suns beat the Pelicans, Suns can overtake the Clippers in the standing if they beat them in the 2 H2H matchups, Mavs go 2-1 in the next 3, then the standings will be 3-way tie between the 3 teams.

I just did the math. In the case of that 3 way tie scenario the standings wouldn’t change.

Clippers and Suns would split the season series and have the same division record(clippers have to beat the Jazz), but the clippers have the better conference record. So therefore Clippers would be the division winner, and Dallas is a division winner. So therefore, Clippers would be 4th because they have the tiebreaker against Dallas, Dallas 5th, Phoenix 6th.

Or the clippers could just lose out and Dallas could win out and we could be 4th :).

Suns will have 9-8 division record, Clipper 8-8, so Suns will own the tie breaker.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,061

Post#63 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:03 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Suns will have 9-8 division record, Clipper 8-8, so Suns will own the tie breaker.

Why did I think Utah was in their division? You’re correct.

So then Dallas would be 4th, Phoenix 5th, Clippers 6th.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,265

Post#64 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:30 pm

For some reason the Suns scare me more in a playoff series than the Clipppers.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#65 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:33 pm

Don't want Denver, don't want the playin and give the Knicks the worst pick possible. Is that asking too much?
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#66 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:00 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Suns also face Kings which is a division matchup. So if they lost to Kings even after beating Clippers twice they'd be 9-9 to Clippers 8-8 making another tie. Then it would go to Conference record. Currently the Clippers are 29-19 to Suns 26-21.

More or less they'd have to win out and Clippers lose another game in addition to lose to them twice for this to even be a consideration.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,851

Post#67 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:24 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:For some reason the Suns scare me more in a playoff series than the Clipppers.

With Kawhi out the Clips are the best opponent ever.

However i only fear the Nuggets, healthy Mavs are top #2 seed in the west in my opinion.

Don't sleep on PO Luka :wink:
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#68 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:07 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:For some reason the Suns scare me more in a playoff series than the Clipppers.

With Kawhi out the Clips are the best opponent ever.

However i only fear the Nuggets, healthy Mavs are top #2 seed in the west in my opinion.

Don't sleep on PO Luka :wink:

If Luka and Lively are 100% we'll be a very dangerous playoff team.

The key word there though is if.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#69 » by Michaellam1987 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:05 am

There are just no easy match up in the west. If we want to win big, PHX/LAC is likely the first test and then to beat 2 of DEN/OKC/MIN/LAL, before facing BOS in the final

Return to Dallas Mavericks