ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Warriors (830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,197

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Warriors (830PMEST) 

Post#41 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:16 am

Mavrelous wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Wouldn't we still need 1 more win to lock up at least 6th after those happened?

I was half joking, but yes, Mavs would need one win or Pelicans loss if this scenario happens.

I think it's a good idea though but maybe just clinch it @Charlotte and then who cares if we get 6th or 5th rest Luka the last 3 games make sure that knee is right. 6th is actually better than 5th unless Denver ends up 3rd.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 770

Post#42 » by kacey ring » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:42 am

PJ with 5 steals and 2 blocks
DJJ with 3 blocks
Gafford with 3 blocks

Numerous deflections and contested shots from all 3.

Gotta love it.

P.S. THJ dropping some dimes too!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,851

Post#43 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:48 am

Welcome to P-Jail guys!!!!

Great effort game, Gafford amazing and Kyrie clutch as always.
DJJ heroic game.

Beat the GS despite Kidd, THJ and Powell is a huge W.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,004

Post#44 » by Archx » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:43 am

Mavrelous wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe we would have to lose at least 3 more games out of 5 to not be a top 6 seed, and we have an easy schedule.

Suns and Pelicans play next, Suns win against the Pelicans, and Mavs win against the Rockets, and Mavs will be sending the 4 G-leaguers, Hardy, Powell and AJ Lawson on the east coast road trip.

I guarantee you Mavs are playing LAC in the 1st round. :nod:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,500

Post#45 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:02 pm

I'm rewatching this games highlights, the level of leadership Kyrie demonstrated in this game is impressive, just look at how he's telling the team "One more stop" after the PJ basket, leadership from the high end talent is much needed on this team, Kyrie seems to have matured I hope he keeps it up.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,279

Post#46 » by Dirk » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:32 pm

Criminal refereeing.

Spoiler:

60/21/10
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#47 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:47 pm

Amazing win without Luka, stoked & shocked.

Please keep it up. If we can win the next ones and get to 50, hopefully that clinches a spot and we can rest the starters
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#48 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:48 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe we would have to lose at least 3 more games out of 5 to not be a top 6 seed, and we have an easy schedule.

Suns and Pelicans play next, Suns win against the Pelicans, and Mavs win against the Rockets, and Mavs will be sending the 4 G-leaguers, Hardy, Powell and AJ Lawson on the east coast road trip.

I counted 3, who's the 4th? Josh Green?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#49 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:50 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Read on Twitter

I counted 3, who's the 4th? Josh Green?

Mavs have 3 2-way players and OMax is practically a G-leaguer.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#50 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:51 pm

Dirk wrote:Criminal refereeing.

Spoiler:

God have mercy on whoever is playing the Warriors or the Lakers in play in, it's a 5 on 8 game ...
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#51 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:58 pm

Mavrelous wrote:

Spoiler:

God have mercy on whoever is playing the Warriors or the Lakers in play in, it's a 5 on 8 game ...

As of now they'll play each other, Lakers would get the more favorable whistle though in that game because for the second year in a row they lead the league in free throw disparity, which means they're both getting calls and their opponents and not getting calls. Last I checked it was like +440 for the Lakers, second was Bucks +220.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,060

Post#52 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:03 pm

It’s for sure better for Dallas to be 5th or 4th over 6th. Minnesota is the most likely to be the 1 seed. It will largely depend on next Wednesday’s game but they have every tiebreaker over Denver so as long as both teams end with the same record they’re 1st. Clippers, Timberwolves is the easiest path to the WCF Dallas is going to get. With how all 3 of those teams look right now Dallas would be heavy favorites.

And even if Denver ends up 1st Dallas is going to have to beat them at some point.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,279

Post#53 » by Dirk » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:05 pm

Mavrelous wrote:

Spoiler:

Had the Mavs lost... I'd have started a topic on the GB about this.

There were literally 3-4 egregious calls... :lol:

I guess in the end they did call Curry for a foul for touching the restricted area, but yeah... really really bizarre to watch 3-4 straight weird moments.

Writing this, makes me now notice how the Mavs players hardly protested... if Luka was playing, it would have been very different.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#54 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:10 pm

Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Spoiler:

Had the Mavs lost... I'd have started a topic on the GB about this.

There were literally 3-4 egregious calls... :lol:

I guess in the end they did call Curry for a foul for touching the restricted area, but yeah... really really bizarre to watch 3-4 straight weird moments.

Writing this, makes me now notice how the Mavs players hardly protested... if Luka was playing, it would have been very different.

The other Warriors game was different, refs favoured the Mavs by allowing insane amount of contact on Curry, but they made up for it with missed travel on Klay.
My biggest problem is Draymond, he flails a lot, pushes a lot, under cuts, and barely gets called for it, he's also the only player that berates the refs more than Luka, significantly more.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#55 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:20 pm

BeiBeau wrote:It’s for sure better for Dallas to be 5th or 4th over 6th. Minnesota is the most likely to be the 1 seed. It will largely depend on next Wednesday’s game but they have every tiebreaker over Denver so as long as both teams end with the same record they’re 1st. Clippers, Timberwolves is the easiest path to the WCF Dallas is going to get. With how all 3 of those teams look right now Dallas would be heavy favorites.

And even if Denver ends up 1st Dallas is going to have to beat them at some point.

I disagree, Denver faces Utah San Antonio Memphis Atlanta and Minnesota at home. That's an easy schedule, I think they'll get #1. If you get 6th you then avoid them until the WCF. But yeah you can't avoid them forever no matter what, unless they lose which by holding off on playing them slightly increases that possibility.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:26 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:It’s for sure better for Dallas to be 5th or 4th over 6th. Minnesota is the most likely to be the 1 seed. It will largely depend on next Wednesday’s game but they have every tiebreaker over Denver so as long as both teams end with the same record they’re 1st. Clippers, Timberwolves is the easiest path to the WCF Dallas is going to get. With how all 3 of those teams look right now Dallas would be heavy favorites.

I disagree, Denver faces Utah San Antonio Memphis Atlanta and Minnesota at home. That's an easy schedule, I think they'll get #1. If you get 6th you then avoid them until the WCF. But yeah you can't avoid them forever no matter what, unless they lose which by holding off on playing them slightly increases that possibility.

Denver is not exactly winning much right now. We will know more after the San Antonio and Timberwolves game. Dallas has to win their 1st round match up and be competitive in the 2nd round for Luka to remain happy. The thunder are slumping but they’re far more dangerous then the Clippers.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#57 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:29 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Denver is not exactly winning much right now. We will know more after the San Antonio and Timberwolves game. Dallas has to win their 1st round match up and be competitive in the 2nd round for Luka to remain happy. The thunder are slumping but they’re far more dangerous then the Clippers.

They have 3 losses to quality teams one of them being Minnesota lately. Clippers was sort of bad without Kawhi. But I can see them winning against teams like Utah. If Wemby goes off Spurs might have a chance. It'll probably just come down to who wins between them and Minnesota, I favor Denver at home.

Murray has been out I think he's back soon. They're a different team without him.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#58 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:35 pm

Suns play the Clippers twice, of Kawhi stays out, winning both is not out of question, Suns will have tie breaker in this case, so standings aren't final, Suns overtaking the Clippers isn't out of question, it's low probability, since Clippers need to lose another game or two, but it's real possibility.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:43 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Suns play the Clippers twice, of Kawhi stays out, winning both is not out of question, Suns will have tie breaker in this case, so standings aren't final, Suns overtaking the Clippers isn't out of question, it's low probability, since Clippers need to lose another game or two, but it's real possibility.

Clippers play Cleveland and Phoenix twice in a 4 day stretch.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#60 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:46 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Suns play the Clippers twice, of Kawhi stays out, winning both is not out of question, Suns will have tie breaker in this case, so standings aren't final, Suns overtaking the Clippers isn't out of question, it's low probability, since Clippers need to lose another game or two, but it's real possibility.

Clippers play Cleveland and Phoenix twice in a 4 day stretch.

Yeah, if somehow the spilraling Cavs pull off a win in LA, and Suns beat the Pelicans, Suns can overtake the Clippers in the standing if they beat them in the 2 H2H matchups, Mavs go 2-1 in the next 3, then the standings will be 3-way tie between the 3 teams.

Return to Dallas Mavericks