ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Heat (Wed 7:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 929

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Heat (Wed 7:30PMEST) 

Post#41 » by Appleshampoo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:11 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Derrick Jones holding his shoulder.

Miami Heat Culture!!!
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,455

Post#42 » by Mavrelous » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:06 am

3rd 50 wins pace season in 5 years, team is young except for Kyrie and Maxi, future is looking bright after last seasons debacle, enjoy it guys, take nothing for granted in this league.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#43 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:12 am

Do you know why they let Luka play in this B2B? We still play DET if we would need a win.
Or are they trying to campaign him to MVP?

I rather see him playing fresh in the Playoffs instead of trying to get MVP which goes to Jokic in the end anyway
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,455

Post#44 » by Mavrelous » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:56 am

MassimoPayne wrote:Do you know why they let Luka play in this B2B? We still play DET if we would need a win.

I rather see him playing fresh in the Playoffs instead of trying to get MVP which goes to Jokic in the end anyway

He looked fine, better than the Rockets game for sure.
I think they did it because it's nationally televised game, they didn't want to piss off Silver this late of a season.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,253

Post#45 » by Dirk » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

A good day at the office.

Josh Green with a nice pass or two. Gafford with an unreal sprint and down the floor and PJ Washington always seems to come up with a nice block.
60/21/10
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,860

Post#46 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:27 am

MassimoPayne wrote:Do you know why they let Luka play in this B2B? We still play DET if we would need a win.

I think we want home court vs the Clips and we have a good rhythm going and imo its best not to disrupt it, hopefully he can reduce minutes a bit for the remaining games though.

Tbf this game would have been over much sooner if the 3rd quarter hadn´t gone this weirdly - i.e. Love and Herro hitting everything and the Mavs missing every open look there was.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#47 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:42 am

Also just read Kyrie earned himself 1 million in bonus for the 50th win
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,110

Post#48 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 am

MassimoPayne wrote:Also just read Kyrie earned himself 1 million in bonus for the 50th win

He deserved it. Played 58 games so far which is more than his last 3-4 year average. He needs to stay healthy for playoffs too. Kyrie haven't completed a healthy 2nd round playoffs since 2016-17.

18-19 with Boston, 20-21 and 21-22 with Nets he got eliminated in 9, 9, and 4 games. He was either injured or banged up in those series where his team got eliminated.

Luka will get the Clippers this time as we have Lively-Gafford now. Kyrie needs to stay healthy for 2nd round. Luka can match Jokic and Kyrie would need to clash with Murray.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#49 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:49 pm

Does Kidd have a 50 win incentive as well? Otherwise no reason to play the starters last night on a B2B where it is almost impossible we can move up to 4th, and may be better off moving down to 6.
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#50 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:31 pm

BC Luka does whatever he wants.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#51 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:34 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Does Kidd have a 50 win incentive as well? Otherwise no reason to play the starters last night on a B2B where it is almost impossible we can move up to 4th, and may be better off moving down to 6.

Again Luka does what Luka wants. After last seasons S-Show I don't believe anyone in the Mavs FO was going to tell Luka he's not playing. If Luka wants to play Luka's going to play. You should know this by now. lol
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#52 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:01 pm

Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Does Kidd have a 50 win incentive as well? Otherwise no reason to play the starters last night on a B2B where it is almost impossible we can move up to 4th, and may be better off moving down to 6.

Again Luka does what Luka wants. After last seasons S-Show I don't believe anyone in the Mavs FO was going to tell Luka he's not playing. If Luka wants to play Luka's going to play. You should know this by now. lol

How do you know Luka insisted on playing?

And I said Starters, plural. Luka is one player, there was no reason for Kyrie, PJ, Gaff, and DJJ to play. Kidd is the coach and needs to do whats in the best interest of the team. I understand if Ky's one million incentive was in play for a 50 win season, of course he would want to play and we cant fault him, but others deserve rest. Heck DJJ was hobbling within the first few minutes in pain, Kidd didnt bother to call a timeout
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#53 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:42 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

And I said Starters, plural. Luka is one player, there was no reason for Kyrie, PJ, Gaff, and DJJ to play. Kidd is the coach and needs to do whats in the best interest of the team. I understand if Ky's one million incentive was in play for a 50 win season, of course he would want to play and we cant fault him, but others deserve rest. Heck DJJ was hobbling within the first few minutes in pain, Kidd didnt bother to call a timeout

Why are you complaining? I trust the Mavs Org a lot more then I do you. If the players want to play let them play. And Are you really asking if Luka insisted on playing? Luka always wants to play if you don't know that. Are you really a Mavs fan. Every single Mavs fan knows Luka loves to play and not miss games.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#54 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:53 pm

Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Why are you complaining? I trust the Mavs Org a lot more then I do you. If the players want to play let them play. And Are you really asking if Luka insisted on playing? Luka always wants to play if you don't know that. Are you really a Mavs fan. Every single Mavs fan knows Luka loves to play and not miss games.

Luka cares more about winning than playing im sure, and smart move would be to rest when playoffs are essentially locked in. I'm happy if we have guys that want to play every night, after years of Parsons and KP its a welcome change. But I also remember 2 years ago Luka playing in meaningless game and getting injured where he missed a few playoff games. Not worth it.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 966

Post#55 » by tleikheen » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:39 pm

Until you cant get the 4 spot you play on .

Luka is 25 years old and in a 2 man race for MVP .He's earned the right to play for it and play against a team he respects. Its the way the greats have always done it and he is showing his greatness in not ducking quality opponents.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#56 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:35 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Luka cares more about winning than playing im sure, and smart move would be to rest when playoffs are essentially locked in. I'm happy if we have guys that want to play every night, after years of Parsons and KP its a welcome change. But I also remember 2 years ago Luka playing in meaningless game and getting injured where he missed a few playoff games. Not worth it.

Again Luka does what Luka wants. Plain and Simple. IF all the starters want to play the last 2 games nobody's going to tell them no. This team has earned the right to finish strong for the season. After our game sunday we should get an entire week off to rest. Remember Plan in games still have to be played 1st round cant start until they are over. Plenty of time to rest.

Return to Dallas Mavericks