ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Pistons (Frid., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,054

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Pistons (Frid., 830PMEST) 

Post#21 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:24 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Maybe we should have tried to win this one after all, the Clippers actually lost to the Jazz. It's not that crazy that they could lose to Houston the last game, although we would have to beat OKC who is now trying to hold on to the #1 seed. The crazy thing is they did not rest their players everyone played except Kawhi who is out anyway.

Better to lose to OKC now so that Denver will be on the other side of the bracket from us.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,158

Post#22 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:28 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Maybe we should have tried to win this one after all, the Clippers actually lost to the Jazz. It's not that crazy that they could lose to Houston the last game, although we would have to beat OKC who is now trying to hold on to the #1 seed. The crazy thing is they did not rest their players everyone played except Kawhi who is out anyway.

Better to lose to OKC now so that Denver will be on the other side of the bracket from us.

Denver would also need Minnesota to lose in addition to OKC and Denver wins to get #1. They have no tiebreakers over either OKC or Minnesota.

Instead of thinking ahead, the Clippers are a dangerous team themselves. I hope we don't lose that series due to not having homecourt, which admittedly was still not guaranteed but there would now be a shot at it.

It is what it is, no guarantee we would have beaten OKC in OKC at full strength even if we tried, although I think we're a bad matchup for them, and no guarantee Clippers lose to Rockets.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Post#23 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:41 pm

I want another O-Max show against OKC...

Return to Dallas Mavericks