ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers (Tuesd 100PM)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers (Tuesd 100PM) 

Post#181 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
I know you are talking about me but i suggest you to read better my post next time, "IF" Kawhi still was out i tried Exum instead of DJJ because match ups.

But strange, i don't see any ironic comment about Lively started instead Gafford in the second half... Why? :lol:

Just even thinking about Benching DJJ makes no sense. Gafford was hurt that's Why he started the 2nd half.

DJJ is role player, if he played like G1 he will be benched for sure the next game.

Gafford played in the 3rd, he missed and easy layup so he was unplayable again. Probably it's not his series, i just Hope he can help at the AAC.
Lively deserved to start second half.

DJJ defense in the Q4 is actually not very good, at least below his normal standard. May be due to some more energy go to offensive end, as he tried harder offensively in G2
Michaellam1987
Rookie

Post#182 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Limit our TOs should be the X-Factor in next games... Too many mistakes in the first two.

I know we have few good ballhandlers but we have to take care of the ball.

Lively played good and i hope his minutes will increase with PO exp. We need him.

Exum and THJ have been ineffective. Two guys you would expect that would perform. I would even argue that Green has been more valuable than Exum so far while THJ is a complete no show again plus now injured.

So, it's going to be guys like PJ and Maxi, or even DJJ, who will have to make those shots. (Unless something drastically changes in the next few games).

I hope at the AAC more role players will step up... We badly need them.

Still waiting for Gafford/Lively to step up, especially those energy plays that can drive home crowd up crazy.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#183 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Exum and THJ have been ineffective. Two guys you would expect that would perform. I would even argue that Green has been more valuable than Exum so far while THJ is a complete no show again plus now injured.

So, it's going to be guys like PJ and Maxi, or even DJJ, who will have to make those shots. (Unless something drastically changes in the next few games).

Still waiting for Gafford/Lively to step up, especially those energy plays that can drive home crowd up crazy.

Clippers might be the best team in the league at stopping lobs. Ironic that they used to be lob city.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,852

Post#184 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Just even thinking about Benching DJJ makes no sense. Gafford was hurt that's Why he started the 2nd half.

DJJ is role player, if he played like G1 he will be benched for sure the next game.

Gafford played in the 3rd, he missed and easy layup so he was unplayable again. Probably it's not his series, i just Hope he can help at the AAC.

DJJ defense in the Q4 is actually not very good, at least below his normal standard. May be due to some more energy go to offensive end, as he tried harder offensively in G2

Yes but the situation is pretty clear, just i said he has to be more aggressive on the offensive end otherwise he can't stay on the floor.
I think even Kidd told him that.

With our role players attitude in G1 we can't win a PO game against the Clippers.
They have to play both end of the floor and it's what Luka screamed all game. They have to take their shots and watch the basket.

Some people here went mad after Kleber offensive game last night but he just made a couple of wideeeeeeee open 3s... I laughed a lot :lol:
Honestly it should be normal for a good NBA player.
I can understand that the set bar for Kleber is so low but come on, the eight 3s game against Jazz was a huge game not yesterday, where he played well for sure but it's his job.
Those two by PJ were insane because he was very contested but it's ok because we know that Kleber has a low and slow release. He needs time.

If he can't make those shots he can't stay on the floor just like DJJ and we saw it in G1, they must have confidence in their shots.

Anyway we need Lively and Gafford at the AAC and i hope the crowd help them to enter in the series... Mostly Gafford who is too short to battle Zubac but he has to find a way for be effective on the floor.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#185 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 am

Defense:
This series is so much about defense. It is really insane. As Kidd mentioned a 90s playoff series type of defense and low scoring.
Which is actually funny as 4-5 of the greatest offensive players of the league are playing. And this is why THJ has no reason to play. Green is really good at bringing energy especially when he is aggressive (maybe because of his low minutes lately). He got like 7 rebounds in 5 min and was running around crazy. This uncoordinated running can drive players like Kawhi and Harden crazy as hell.

Refs:
I just hate how Harden plays and he still gets the calls. This is driving me crazy. On the other hand we had a lot of 50/50 situations coming to us. Couple of really good defended shots could have been calls because of Superstar bonus etc. All in all i think the refs are doing a good job (maybe except a little bit on Harden).
This series is really benefiting from just letting guys play.
Michaellam1987
Rookie

Post#186 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:14 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Clippers might be the best team in the league at stopping lobs. Ironic that they used to be lob city.

Sometime just an offensive rebound in traffic, and put back in can already drive the crowd crazy
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 851

Post#187 » by Teffer10 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am

Cant believe people are still crying over 4 year old spilled milk.
Good Lord, we have a one of the most talented backcourts in NBA history and people are complaining about the 18th pick 4 years ago.
Good Freaking Grief!!!!

And to slam the GM who had one of the best drafts in Mavs history when trading for Luka and drafting Brunson in 2018.

I pity those who have no clue on how to move on in life.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,872

Post#188 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 am

Teffer10 wrote:Cant believe people are still crying over 4 year old spilled milk.
Good Lord, we have a one of the most talented backcourts in NBA history and people are complaining about the 18th pick 4 years ago.
Good Freaking Grief!!!!

And to slam the GM who had one of the best drafts in Mavs history when trading for Luka and drafting Brunson in 2018.

I pity those who have no clue on how to move on in life.

Exactly, but that's what living in your mums basement as a grown man with a picture of Josh Green on a dart board will do for you.

We have what we have, which isn't a mega star but has some degree of utility, so let's make the most of it and not whinge about what ifs.

Either way, time to move to a new game thread and play 4 consistent quarters with the crowd behind the team. This next game will change the dynamic of the series imo.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#189 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 am

At least we're not the Suns Kings or Hawks.

"We could have had Luka, but instead we got <Player X that isn't even here anymore> or Trae Young"

As far as me I talked about it but I'm not really mad but I like hypotheticals I guess. It's interesting to me we could have had Haliburton if a team took Brunson + 18 + 31 and to think obviously Pacers would be different, no Haliburton, Knicks might be different, Brunson traded and might not end up in NY, Kings would be different, they traded Haliburton for Sabonis, the team we traded with would be different, they'd have Brunson, we would have Haliburton and probably not Kyrie and not Green. That one trade would have changed so many teams it's interesting to me.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#190 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:50 am

When posters say a guy who had more fouls than points, assists, steals, and rebounds COMBINED played "amazing", it does deserve to be disputed and called out. Its not crying over spilled milk when there are folks who simply try to push this rock called Josh green up a hill saying he's a good player and helps the team, he doesnt. When he does something that deserves accolades, have had it, give him his flowers as the kids say, but he has yet to do that in the last few months.

And still beyond unprofessional to walk out on your job during a big assignment that's a fireable offense in any industry. Not to mention he drafted Brunson which was great, he also gave him the contract that allowed him to be an UFA so easily.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#191 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:52 am

ChipotleWest wrote:At least we're not the Suns Kings or Hawks.

"We could have had Luka, but instead we got <Player X that isn't even here anymore> or Trae Young"

As far as me I talked about it but I'm not really mad but I like hypotheticals I guess. It's interesting to me we could have had Haliburton if a team took Brunson + 18 + 31 and to think obviously Pacers would be different, no Haliburton, Knicks might be different, Brunson traded and might not end up in NY, Kings would be different, they traded Haliburton for Sabonis, the team we traded with would be different, they'd have Brunson, we would have Haliburton and probably not Kyrie and not Green. That one trade would have changed so many teams it's interesting to me.

That proposed trade was to Phoenix, so yea definitely landscape change. PHX would have Brunson Booker Bridges, and likely no KD.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#192 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 am

daoneandonly wrote:

That proposed trade was to Phoenix, so yea definitely landscape change. PHX would have Brunson Booker Bridges, and likely no KD.

It wasn't just Phoenix, they went down the list of what team was picking next and offered them that package of Brunson + 18 + 31, not one team said yes. I saw an interview from Cuban who said this they tried really hard to get Haliburton.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#193 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

It wasn't just Phoenix, they went down the list of what team was picking next and offered them that package of Brunson + 18 + 31, not one team said yes. I saw an interview from Cuban who said this they tried really hard to get Haliburton.

Yea PHX was the team that made sense to take the trade as they were ready and Brunson already had built in chemistry with Mikal. Hali and Luka would have been interesting. But I'm cool with Luka-Kyrie-PJ-Lively as the core 4 moving forward; we just need to upgrade the SF spot somehow.
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#194 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:44 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Jaden McDaniels is the perfect version of DJJ... Like Cell in Dragonball :lol:

Yup and pretty much every mock draft prior to the 2020 night had him higher than Green. But Donnie walked away crying cause the gambler guy annoyed him and Cuban is still the smartest guy in the room.

From what I read some Mavs scouts wanted Saddiq Bey but Voulgaris claims he was focused on trading up for Haliburton. How Green became the pick is unclear to me.

If you believe anything Voulgaris says idk what to tell you. Dude has mental problems lol
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#195 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Yes but the situation is pretty clear, just i said he has to be more aggressive on the offensive end otherwise he can't stay on the floor.

With our role players attitude in G1 we can't win a PO game against the Clippers.
They have to play both end of the floor and it's what Luka screamed all game. They have to take their shots and watch the basket.

Some people here went mad after Kleber offensive game last night but he just made a couple of wideeeeeeee open 3s... I laughed a lot :lol:
I can understand that the set bar for Kleber is so low but come on, the eight 3s game against Jazz was a huge game not yesterday, where he played well for sure but it's his job.
Those two by PJ were insane because he was very contested but it's ok because we know that Kleber has a low and slow release. He needs time.

If he can't make those shots he can't stay on the floor just like DJJ and we saw it in G1, they must have confidence in their shots.

Anyway we need Lively and Gafford at the AAC and i hope the crowd help them to enter in the series... Mostly Gafford who is too short to battle Zubac but he has to find a way for be effective on the floor.

Just Like I said he can go 0-10 shooting and we wont bench him we need his Defense. He's not here to score. I dont understand how all you care about is scoring. Scoring doesn't win games or win a chip. DEFENSE wins games and chips. Playoff games isnt about scoring its about getting stops and playing really good defense. You love to bring up game 1 why did we lose game 1? we played zero defense. But to you we didn't score enough. Like all you care about is scoring which it makes no sense to me. Oh we will bench this player bc he didnt score enough. NO thats not how it works. lol
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#196 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:02 pm

daoneandonly wrote:When posters say a guy who had more fouls than points, assists, steals, and rebounds COMBINED played "amazing", it does deserve to be disputed and called out. Its not crying over spilled milk when there are folks who simply try to push this rock called Josh green up a hill saying he's a good player and helps the team, he doesnt. When he does something that deserves accolades, have had it, give him his flowers as the kids say, but he has yet to do that in the last few months.

And still beyond unprofessional to walk out on your job during a big assignment that's a fireable offense in any industry. Not to mention he drafted Brunson which was great, he also gave him the contract that allowed him to be an UFA so easily.

Its clear you didnt watch game 2. Everything a player does doesnt show up in the box score. Seems like all you like to do is look at the box scores and determine if a players good or bad.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#197 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 pm

Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:When posters say a guy who had more fouls than points, assists, steals, and rebounds COMBINED played "amazing", it does deserve to be disputed and called out. Its not crying over spilled milk when there are folks who simply try to push this rock called Josh green up a hill saying he's a good player and helps the team, he doesnt. When he does something that deserves accolades, have had it, give him his flowers as the kids say, but he has yet to do that in the last few months.

Its clear you didnt watch game 2. Everything a player does doesnt show up in the box score. Seems like all you like to do is look at the box scores and determine if a players good or bad.

And all Josh Green's supporters have to hang on is that excuse, dont look at the boxscore. The team's biggest hole is the position he plays, its inarguable.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,852

Post#198 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm

Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

Just Like I said he can go 0-10 shooting and we wont bench him we need his Defense. He's not here to score. I dont understand how all you care about is scoring. Scoring doesn't win games or win a chip. DEFENSE wins games and chips. Playoff games isnt about scoring its about getting stops and playing really good defense. You love to bring up game 1 why did we lose game 1? we played zero defense. But to you we didn't score enough. Like all you care about is scoring which it makes no sense to me. Oh we will bench this player bc he didnt score enough. NO thats not how it works. lol

Instead it works just like that, if Kleber not makes his 3s he will sit on the bench.
And that's what happened a lot of times in this years.
Unfortunately Gafford looks like unplayable against Zubac and Lively is just a rookie otherwise in G1 Kleber wouldn't have played so much for sure.

Man no offense but you are talking like a Kleber fans and i understand that. It's good. I like Maxi too.

But you think he is a 30minutes guy whatever he does. No problem with that.
But it's totally wrong.

And the offense doesn't win chips alone but neither defense alone can't do it.
We need a mix.

It's not necessary that he shoots 0-10 for 3s, just 0-5 it's enough for bench him( same about DJJ, Green, THJ, Exum and all our players). Because we can't win with those stats, and you have seen that in G1.
That's it.
Harden and Zubac were on fire that game, no matter what kind of defense we can play but if we had make our shoots the game would have been totally different.
Harden can make those 3s against anyone. Just like Luka. He setted the tone and we not response.

Nobody can play just one half court, even Luka Doncic (i mean LUKA DONCIC) is blamed for his defense sometimes so you are a fool if you think that Kleber can pass shoots or not watch the basket and it's ok.

We won G2 with defense AND our 3s. Simple as that.
If PJ and Kleber missed those shoots we would have lost that game too.
It's not even up for debate.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,033

Post#199 » by Archx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

And all Josh Green's supporters have to hang on is that excuse, dont look at the boxscore. The team's biggest hole is the position he plays, its inarguable.

Team's biggest hole is the scoring from the bench aka THJ's SG spot. Green was never brought in to be a scorer, they said so when he was drafted, i'll never understand why you want him to be just that. He was drafted for something completely different and he played good in that role until he got injured (again) and now is trying to get back into form at the exact wrong time.

So, your comparisons to Maxey or Bane are kinda out of place. If you want to hate on him at least compare him to McDaniels, which is basically the same role Green occupies. If Donnie wanted to go after a pure scorer i'm 100% sure he wouldn't draft Green.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#200 » by Swish77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Again Seems like you don't watch the games you look at the box score and bash players. Con gratz Part time fan.

Return to Dallas Mavericks