ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers (Tuesd 100PM)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,519

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers (Tuesd 100PM) 

Post#21 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 am

Bob8 wrote: I believe Kidd will need to find solution for playing him less, unfortunately he's pretty crucial in D.

You can't play non-shooting center, Kleber and DJJ together, one must go, this was painfully obvious yesterday, you can get away with 2 of them if you're playing elite defense, you have to give up 2 of them if you're unable to stop the other team.
Exum must shoot, it should've be stressed, he's a 50% catch and shoot player, I'd take 37% from him for the series.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,519

Post#22 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:33 am

BTW, Luka going off from 3 would solve everything, but it wasn't his day on Sunday.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 970

Post#23 » by tleikheen » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am

I dont think gunning the most 3's is the answer. Its sinking teams that have rough nights from the 3, The teams that can put pts up are the ones moving on ih this 1st round.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,583

Post#24 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote: I believe Kidd will need to find solution for playing him less, unfortunately he's pretty crucial in D.

You can't play non-shooting center, Kleber and DJJ together, one must go, this was painfully obvious yesterday, you can get away with 2 of them if you're playing elite defense, you have to give up 2 of them if you're unable to stop the other team.
Exum must shoot, it should've be stressed, he's a 50% catch and shoot player, I'd take 37% from him for the series.

Totally agree, but problem is that the most logical substitution for DJJ is THJ. ;) If you put Josh instead of him, you will still have 2 non shooting bigs and 1 wing only capable of hitting wide open corner 3s, which are easily to defend with just ignoring Kleber and even if Josh gets few open 3s, it's unlikely he will hit them all. The only solution I see is playing Luka/Kyrie/Exum a lot more, but I don't know, how will that look in D.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#25 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 am

Mavrelous wrote:BTW, Luka going off from 3 would solve everything, but it wasn't his day on Sunday.

Yes, Luka's step backs will be crucial in this series.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 74

Post#26 » by MassimoPayne » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:50 am

I don't expect a change of the starting lineup. Which is okay I think. The loss was so embarrising we don't need micro adjustments. We need big time adjustments and this is not the lineup but the mindset they have played with.

And how in the world can Luka look fat within 1,5 weeks without a game. Did he jsut sit on the couch?
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#27 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:I don't expect a change of the starting lineup. Which is okay I think. The loss was so embarrising we don't need micro adjustments. We need big time adjustments and this is not the lineup but the mindset they have played with.

And how in the world can Luka look fat within 1,5 weeks without a game. Did he jsut sit on the couch?

You don't change the Starting Lineup after one bad game. That's overreacting. Luka looked fine to me. He didn't look fat or out of shape.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 pm

I think tonight we will see the best Mavs team we have seen all year. Get ready we are about to show the world how good we really are!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,851

Post#29 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 pm

Swish77 wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:I don't expect a change of the starting lineup. Which is okay I think. The loss was so embarrising we don't need micro adjustments. We need big time adjustments and this is not the lineup but the mindset they have played with.

You don't change the Starting Lineup after one bad game. That's overreacting

I completely disagree, PO are all about match-ups.
We are non in RS.

If the starting lineup doesn't work you have to change it... Do you remember what happened against Miami Heat in 2011? JJ Barea changed the series.

Obviously if the effort was like in G1 we can even put start MJ and prime Shaq and we will lose again.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 pm

Swish77 wrote:I think tonight we will see the best Mavs team we have seen all year. Get ready we are about to show the world how good we really are!

I'm ok if they will not **** the bed. That's embarassing.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#31 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:53 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

We are non in RS.

If the starting lineup doesn't work you have to change it... Do you remember what happened against Miami Heat in 2011? JJ Barea changed the series.

Obviously if the effort was like in G1 we can even put start MJ and prime Shaq and we will lose again.

JJ change was later in the series not after game 1. No you don't change it after 1 game. There's zero reason to change it. The entire team gave zero efforts. Did any team who won over the weekend change there starting lineups? Maybe 2 teams bc of injuries.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:I think tonight we will see the best Mavs team we have seen all year. Get ready we are about to show the world how good we really are!

I'm ok if they will not **** the bed. That's embarassing.

Think Positive and Positive things happen.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,021

Post#33 » by Archx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:17 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

We are non in RS.

Let's panick when they're down 0-3 :D

The Mavs you saw in the 1st half were an anomaly, that doesn't happen, like ever... They got punched on the mouth and they needed that. Harden also won't shoot like prime Ray Allen again, i'm certain of that. No Clipper could miss from range, even Russ. That's not normal either.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,373

Post#34 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:46 pm

I doubt Kidd knows what the word adjustments means.

"Uhh play more Maxi and THJ"
Bob8
General Manager

Post#35 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

We are non in RS.

Let's panick when they're down 0-3 :D

The Mavs you saw in the 1st half were an anomaly, that doesn't happen, like ever... They got punched on the mouth and they needed that. Harden also won't shoot like prime Ray Allen again, i'm certain of that. No Clipper could miss from range, even Russ. That's not normal either.

Problematic thing wasn't Clippers' hot shooting, but Gafford/Lively/DJJ/Exum looking like they don't belong in playoffs. Our optimism before series began was based on these new additions, now we can only hope game 1 was an anomaly.
joesha1698
Junior
And1: 116

Post#36 » by joesha1698 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm

I thought our defense of trying to funnel players to weakside help was giving up wide open 3s. Its not that hard to guard people in basketball. You put your worst perimeter defender on the slowest player. If the guy likes to drive you back up and make him shoot over you. If he likes to shoot, you press him and force him to drive to your strong side. I would put Kyrie on Harden and tell him to not to foul, just make it difficult for him and stay in front of him, which Kyrie can do. I think one of the mistakes Kidd made was overhelping again when we had shown in the last 20 games or so that we can compete on defense as a team...including Luka. I think we need to try some man on man defense and possibly switch it up more depending on how we do. There's no reason we cannot compete on defense (1on1) as long as we adjust for the player were guarding by knowing their tendencies . That's one of the things I noticed and I wondered if it had something to do with how well Clippers shot? I would also use Exum and Josh Green on Harden as well.

kyrie on harden
luka on mann
dj on geroge
pj on kawhi
center on center

No Kawhi

dj on harden
luka on mann
pj on George
kryie on coffee
center on center
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 pm

Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

We are non in RS.

JJ change was later in the series not after game 1. No you don't change it after 1 game. There's zero reason to change it. The entire team gave zero efforts. Did any team who won over the weekend change there starting lineups? Maybe 2 teams bc of injuries.

If Kawhi is still out i put Exum in the S5 and play him on Harden and PJ on PG13.

DJJ was scared to shoot, we played 4vs5 on offensive with on the floor and 3vs5 with him AND Kleber together. You can't win a PO game in this way.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#38 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
We are non in RS.

If Kawhi is still out i put Exum in the S5 and play him on Harden and PJ on PG13.

DJJ was scared to shoot, we played 4vs5 on offensive with on the floor and 3vs5 with him AND Kleber together. You can't win a PO game in this way.

DJJ isnt on the roster to score. If you think he is your wrong. He's on the roster for his defense. Its the same way with Stevenson in 2011. He was on the roster for his defense and if he shot the 3 ball well its was a plus if he didnt so be it play great defense.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:58 pm

Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

DJJ isnt on the roster to score. If you think he is your wrong. He's on the roster for his defense. Its the same way with Stevenson in 2011. He was on the roster for his defense and if he shot the 3 ball well its was a plus if he didnt so be it play great defense.

I don't know if you watched G1 but we lost because we had too many Stevenson on the floor.
If 3/5 of the lineup are afraid to shoot we can't win against Clips, they are a very talented team with great PO exp.

No great defense can justify stats line like those :

18 minutes 0-1-0
27 minutes 3-3-3
14 minutes 3-0-0
19 minutes 3-4-0
16 minutes 3-2-0

Last game lineup and rotations sucked. No excuses.

Modern NBA is too talented for having no show guys on the offensive end, if you think that Luka and Kyrie alone can won 4 PO games you are totally wrong my friend.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#40 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

I don't know if you watched G1 but we lost because we had too many Stevenson on the floor.
If 3/5 of the lineup are afraid to shoot we can't win against Clips, they are a very talented team with great PO exp.

No great defense can justify stats line like those :

18 minutes 0-1-0
27 minutes 3-3-3
14 minutes 3-0-0
19 minutes 3-4-0
16 minutes 3-2-0

Last game lineup and rotations sucked. No excuses.

Modern NBA is too talented for having no show guys on the offensive end, if you think that Luka and Kyrie alone can won 4 PO games you are totally wrong my friend.

Who cares about last game? WE LOST! Move on!

Return to Dallas Mavericks