ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers (Tuesd 100PM)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 78

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers (Tuesd 100PM) 

Post#161 » by Swish77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:42 pm

Great game plan. Great team win. Whole Roster played well. Our defense was amazing.What a game for Maxi and Green and PJ.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,026

Post#162 » by Archx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:16 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Limit our TOs should be the X-Factor in next games... Too many mistakes in the first two.

I know we have few good ballhandlers but we have to take care of the ball.

Lively played good and i hope his minutes will increase with PO exp. We need him.

Exum and THJ have been ineffective. Two guys you would expect that would perform. I would even argue that Green has been more valuable than Exum so far while THJ is a complete no show again plus now injured.

So, it's going to be guys like PJ and Maxi, or even DJJ, who will have to make those shots. (Unless something drastically changes in the next few games).
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,852

Post#163 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:51 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Limit our TOs should be the X-Factor in next games... Too many mistakes in the first two.

Lively played good and i hope his minutes will increase with PO exp. We need him.

Exum and THJ have been ineffective. Two guys you would expect that would perform. I would even argue that Green has been more valuable than Exum so far while THJ is a complete no show again plus now injured.

So, it's going to be guys like PJ and Maxi, or even DJJ, who will have to make those shots. (Unless something drastically changes in the next few games).

I hope at the AAC more role players will step up... We badly need them.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,373

Post#164 » by Dirk » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:30 pm

I wrote this post about the refs in G2.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2373770

Was I super obsessed with the refs or did people also kind of feel the same about the refs in G2?

I may have been too focused on them because the Clippers fans really were annoying crying about the refs after G1. Without all that crying, I probably wouldn't have paid that much attention to G2's officiating.
60/21/10
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#165 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 pm

Dirk wrote:I wrote this post about the refs in G2.

Was I super obsessed with the refs or did people also kind of feel the same about the refs in G2?

I may have been too focused on them because the Clippers fans really were annoying crying about the refs after G1. Without all that crying, I probably wouldn't have paid that much attention to G2's officiating.

Honestly i don't see a bad game for the refs in general, obviously the Harden phantom calls in 2024 are just ridicolous.
But i like that they let the players fight hard and defend, this is PO basketball.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,026

Post#166 » by Archx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

Dirk wrote:I wrote this post about the refs in G2.

When i re-watched the game, i was more and more puzzled how many phantom fouls Harden can still draw. The biggest example were those shooting fouls where a player landed in his space. He almost got all of them while (i can't remember exactly who it was) THJ was literally injured on the same exact shooting motion but no foul was called. I do think LAC got a few too many tick tacky calls but Mavs still won, so :dontknow:
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#167 » by Swish77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 pm

Archx wrote:

Really happy we didn't bench DJJ for Exum like some people wanted on here.lol THJ turned his ankle pretty good last night idk if he will play game 3. Green has been amazing and we didn't need his scoring. Energy he brings is great.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#168 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 pm

Swish77 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Really happy we didn't bench DJJ for Exum like some people wanted on here.lol THJ turned his ankle pretty good last night idk if he will play game 3. Green has been amazing and we didn't need his scoring. Energy he brings is great.

I know you are talking about me but i suggest you to read better my post next time, "IF" Kawhi still was out i tried Exum instead of DJJ because match ups.

But strange, i don't see any ironic comment about Lively started instead Gafford in the second half... Why? :lol:
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#169 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 pm

Much needed and big win, hope the Mavs improve their play from Game 1, especially the wings and Gaff. The latetr has had a bad playoffs thus far, he was special in the RS, but we need him to bring that energy and toughness now.

Did someone really just say Green has been amazing? As in, Josh Green? Check out Tyrese Maxey and Jaden McDaniels, two guys drafted after Green, that's what amazing looks like.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#170 » by Swish77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
Archx wrote:

I know you are talking about me but i suggest you to read better my post next time, "IF" Kawhi still was out i tried Exum instead of DJJ because match ups.

But strange, i don't see any ironic comment about Lively started instead Gafford in the second half... Why? :lol:

Just even thinking about Benching DJJ makes no sense. Gafford was hurt that's Why he started the 2nd half.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,869

Post#171 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:49 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Much needed and big win, hope the Mavs improve their play from Game 1, especially the wings and Gaff. The latetr has had a bad playoffs thus far, he was special in the RS, but we need him to bring that energy and toughness now.

Did someone really just say Green has been amazing? As in, Josh Green? Check out Tyrese Maxey and Jaden McDaniels, two guys drafted after Green, that's what amazing looks like.

Oh look who's back - a broken record, straight from mamas basement.

I think THJ being out and his minutes going to Green will be a key turnaround in this series. Not necessarily for any sort of brilliance of Green but to have a defensive hustle player out there rather than a complete black hole on defense. Offense wise both are completely hit and miss obviously.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 pm

Swish77 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Just even thinking about Benching DJJ makes no sense. Gafford was hurt that's Why he started the 2nd half.

DJJ is role player, if he played like G1 he will be benched for sure the next game.

Gafford played in the 3rd, he missed and easy layup so he was unplayable again. Probably it's not his series, i just Hope he can help at the AAC.
Lively deserved to start second half.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#173 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Much needed and big win, hope the Mavs improve their play from Game 1, especially the wings and Gaff. The latetr has had a bad playoffs thus far, he was special in the RS, but we need him to bring that energy and toughness now.

Jaden McDaniels is the perfect version of DJJ... Like Cell in Dragonball :lol:
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#174 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:

Yup and pretty much every mock draft prior to the 2020 night had him higher than Green. But Donnie walked away crying cause the gambler guy annoyed him and Cuban is still the smartest guy in the room.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 973

Post#175 » by tleikheen » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 pm

White Klaw was a dog on defense last night. My hopes are climbing back up to where it was going into this series.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,434

Post#176 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Yup and pretty much every mock draft prior to the 2020 night had him higher than Green. But Donnie walked away crying cause the gambler guy annoyed him and Cuban is still the smartest guy in the room.

From what I read some Mavs scouts wanted Saddiq Bey but Voulgaris claims he was focused on trading up for Haliburton. How Green became the pick is unclear to me.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,061

Post#177 » by HMFFL » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Clippers have 7 guys who can score in double figures on any given night. We do not.
And it shows. We must rely on ours too greatly all game. We can move that this off-season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#178 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 pm

Apparently we tried to trade up for Haliburton and offered Brunson + 18 + 31. A lot of things would be different right now. Brunson is in NY and Haliburton was drafted by Kings but traded for Sabonis. Also we probably wouldn't have Kyrie if we had Haliburton.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#179 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Apparently we tried to trade up for Haliburton and offered Brunson + 18 + 21. A lot of things would be different right now. Brunson is in NY and Haliburton was drafted by Kings but traded for Sabonis. Also we probably wouldn't have Kyrie if we had Haliburton.

why we also have #21 to offer together with #18?
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#180 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Apparently we tried to trade up for Haliburton and offered Brunson + 18 + 21. A lot of things would be different right now. Brunson is in NY and Haliburton was drafted by Kings but traded for Sabonis. Also we probably wouldn't have Kyrie if we had Haliburton.

why we also have #21 to offer together with #18?

I mistyped it was 31 not 21.

Return to Dallas Mavericks