ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G5 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 10PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G5 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 10PMEST) 

Post#161 » by daoneandonly » Thu May 2, 2024 3:48 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I hope we can keep DJJ with the MLE. That would suck to lose him.

Yea he's shown to be a piece that fits and generally knows his role. And we are short on quality wings. Hopefully we can do something to upgrade THJ and/or Green and keep DJJ
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,026

Post#162 » by tleikheen » Thu May 2, 2024 4:20 pm

What the hell took so long for Kidd to understand that the 2 Center lineup was what was needed the most defensively.
He still found minutes for Maxi but as the backup 4 spot and clearly he was more comfortable in that role .

The Mavs are playing big as the way to win this series . They've turned the physicality that the Clippers started with and went bigger and turned that physicality back at them.

I disagree on the OKC matchup. I think Gafford matchup on OKC will set alot of the tone as Holmgren will have trouble containing the lobs to gaff and DLive. But lets close out Clippers this next game at home !st
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,162

Post#163 » by GermanFan120 » Thu May 2, 2024 4:25 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I hope we can keep DJJ with the MLE. That would suck to lose him.

Must keep DJJ. He is too important.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,397

Post#164 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 4:48 pm

I'm worried about a team coming in and just giving DJJ more than we can pay him. On another forum I saw someone say " can we trade Tim Hardaway Jr. to save the cap space and just give the money to him" Possibly but unlikely, because a team would have to take Hardaway while giving us no salary back. That means most likely a bad team would have to take him because most good teams don't have unused salary, and I don't really see him as a fit on a bad team being in his 30's. But who knows.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
AJace
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#165 » by AJace » Thu May 2, 2024 9:02 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:[
Playing Gafford-Lively did not result in easy lobs in G1 where Mavs struggle to score 30 in two quarters.

I still think it'd be nice to always have that option, especially since we're one of the few teams in the league that can afford to have that for the entire game. When you've got 2 dynamic shotcreators/playmakers in Luka and Kyrie, you want to give them as much options as you can offense. With the ball on Luka or Kyrie's hands, they have the option of scoring the ball themselves, kicking them out to a shooter, or throwing it up for a lob. You're taking out one of those options when Maxi is playing the 5. Not to mention the potential offensive rebounds and putbacks that you'll be missing out. How many times have we seen Luka dribble the ball for 15 seconds, the offense going nowhere, and in the last second he finds Lively or Gafford for an alleyoop?
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,980

Post#166 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu May 2, 2024 10:56 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I'm worried about a team coming in and just giving DJJ more than we can pay him. On another forum I saw someone say " can we trade Tim Hardaway Jr. to save the cap space and just give the money to him" Possibly but unlikely, because a team would have to take Hardaway while giving us no salary back. That means most likely a bad team would have to take him because most good teams don't have unused salary, and I don't really see him as a fit on a bad team being in his 30's. But who knows.

I could see DET taking him into cap space for a year. They need to win some games next year and he is at least a nice 6th man for a bad to meh team. Just not really that caliber of 6th man on a team with the aspirations DAL has IMO. Maybe you have to pay a Prosper to get DET to take him. I think thats worth it if it means you can keep DJJ.

Then I would try to do whatever I can to turn Hardey and Green into Bruce Brown -

G - Kyrie Irving / Dante Exum (BAE)
G - Luka Doncic / Bruce Brown
F - Derrick Jones JR (MLE) / Bruce Brown
F - PJ Washington / Maxi Kleber
C - Derek Lively / Daniel Gafford / Dwight Powell

Think thats a killer PO rotation. Not sure the $$$ works.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#167 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 3, 2024 11:44 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I'm worried about a team coming in and just giving DJJ more than we can pay him. On another forum I saw someone say " can we trade Tim Hardaway Jr. to save the cap space and just give the money to him" Possibly but unlikely, because a team would have to take Hardaway while giving us no salary back. That means most likely a bad team would have to take him because most good teams don't have unused salary, and I don't really see him as a fit on a bad team being in his 30's. But who knows.

I could see DET taking him into cap space for a year. They need to win some games next year and he is at least a nice 6th man for a bad to meh team. Just not really that caliber of 6th man on a team with the aspirations DAL has IMO. Maybe you have to pay a Prosper to get DET to take him. I think thats worth it if it means you can keep DJJ.

Then I would try to do whatever I can to turn Hardey and Green into Bruce Brown -

G - Kyrie Irving / Dante Exum (BAE)
G - Luka Doncic / Bruce Brown
F - Derrick Jones JR (MLE) / Bruce Brown
F - PJ Washington / Maxi Kleber
C - Derek Lively / Daniel Gafford / Dwight Powell

Think thats a killer PO rotation. Not sure the $$$ works.

As a Blazers fan, if a Green for Thybulle swap was on the table, would you do it?

Return to Dallas Mavericks