Monday Late Night Game: Brad Thompson vs. Brett Tomko

Tuesday Late Night Game: Adam Wainwright vs. Derek Lowe

Wednesday Late Night Game: Kip Wells vs. Randy Wolf
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Tue May 15, 2007 2:47 am

I should remember this from watching other teams, but what are those things called where you hit the ball, and it stays fair, and it goes over the fence without bouncing first?

I think Chris Duncan just got one of those for the Cardinals.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#3 » by bigboy1234 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:58 am

I still don't know what you're talking about, but they sound nice.

Good outing by Thompson though.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by mizzoupacers » Tue May 15, 2007 2:07 pm

Yeah, Duncan got to go all the way around the bases and score, and he didn't even have to run hard, and all the Dodgers could do was watch! It was great!!!

Next time Anthony Reyes pitches, he should wear one of Thompson's uniforms. Maybe his teammates won't catch on for the first three innings and will score eight runs because they don't know it is really Anthony. It's worth a try.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#5 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:19 pm

:rofl: :rofl:

Classic thread already.

Great outing by Thompson, the movement on every one his pitches was impressive, as well as the location. And we better put up at least 15 runs in game 3, considering Wells will be pulled by the 3rd inning after giving up 9.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by mizzoupacers » Wed May 16, 2007 3:26 am

I'd like to take this opportunity to call out my cable television provider, Mediacom. Mediacom, YOU ARE CHEAP, SUCKY BASTARDS.

OK, I feel better now.

Tonight's game has been blacked out in my market. It apparently is one of TWENTY games that will be blacked out this year. That is one-eighth of the freaking season!!! Boy, am I pissed.

Apparently some of the network costs are passed on to the cable provider--standard industry procedure--but Mediacom is too cheap to pick up the tab so they just stiff their customers instead.

Mediacom does not provide any access to NBA League Pass either...kinda essential if you want to follow a distant NBA team like I do. Now they are screwing me on the nearby teams as well...DirecTV provides both League Pass and broadcasts of all Cardinals games. Bye-bye, Mediacom.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by bigboy1234 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:49 am

Thats what happens when you don't live in St. Louis.

But your lucky you didn't get to see your lover suck it up. :wink:
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by mizzoupacers » Wed May 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Waino must've been pretty bad last night. How many walks? How many hits?

Add him to the long list of Cardinals whose season is off to a horrible start. Hopefully he figures things out soon.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by bigboy1234 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Wainwright's line last night: 2.2 IP, 7 H, 8 ER, 4 BB, 0 K

Is now at a 1.91 WHIP over the season, that is horrible and the worst in the game. By comparison, Scott Olsen who has the 2nd worst WHIP with at least 35 IP is at 1.71 and thats a lot better than 1.91.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by mizzoupacers » Wed May 16, 2007 4:39 pm

Well whaddayaknow, the Cardinals went out and found someone with an even worse WHIP than Wainwright's.

link

This article doesn't mention it, but Wellemeyer's WHIP is 2.30. Although in only 15 innings.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by mizzoupacers » Wed May 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Here's something from the Post-Dispatch Web site on Wainwright:

link

Is Wainwright hurt?

Joe Strauss: There will be more on this in Thursday's paper. Deadlines prevented it from appearing today. Wainwright admitted after last night's loss that he has suffered from tendinitis in "a couple places" in his arm. One of those places is the elbow. he went on to say that Tuesday was the first time he had pitched without discomfort since his first start. This may explain why his velocity has been down. It may also explain why his pitching mechanics have deteriorated to the point that he no longer throws an effective curveball. Wainwright looked almost defenseless last night, something I never thought I'd see. Duncan and Wainwright insisted his throw between starts had been outstanding. Obviously, everyone's concerned why he looked so out of whack Tuesday. Stay tuned.

:(
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by bigboy1234 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Yeah, Wellemeyer has been terrible the past 2 years so I don't really know about him.

I'm thinking this means Falkenborg gets released because he has no options left, or Jimenez gets sent down to the minors. I'd personally rather just release Falkenborg, probably because we'll probably just get him back anyways.

Return to St. Louis Cardinals