Cardinals @ Reds Series Thread

mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Cardinals @ Reds Series Thread 

Post#1 » by mizzoupacers » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 pm

vs.

Tuesday: Mulder will be serving up batting practice to the Reds.

Wednesday: Bullpen-By-Committee will serve batting practice--Thompson, Reyes, Wellemeyer--your guess is as good as theirs.

Thursday: Adam Wainwright, you the man, go out there and beat Harang for us.

Maybe we can outscore Cincinnati a couple of times, get Wainwright's A game in the finale, and head into the weekend series with the Cubs back at .500.

But just in case it gets ugly, you might want to know what the SPRINGFIELD Cardinals are up to. They will be playing for the Texas League championship this week.

link

It can't be a bad thing to have your Double A club playing for a championship.
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by pacerfan » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:38 pm

Wow, things are turning sour. Rick Ankiel has a defensive meltdown against the Reds in the first game of the series and Mark Mulder can't get Adam Dunn out.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:17 pm

I think we have to upgrade the Ankiel Meltdown II alert level to Orange after last night.

Un **** believable.

I think I heard during last night's telecast that Reyes is supposed to start today. Brace yourselves for a Cy Young-like first three innings, then a six-run bottom of the fourth, then a parade of below-replacement-level relievers like Cavazos and Jimenez.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:20 pm

And dammit, Springfield lost last night too. All my friends have deserted me.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:17 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:I think I heard during last night's telecast that Reyes is supposed to start today. Brace yourselves for a Cy Young-like first three innings, then a six-run bottom of the fourth

I would have got it right, but Tony had a quicker hook than I expected. Only three runs in the fourth before Reyes got to go take a nice shower.

Oh well, the Springfield Cardinals won last night to even the Texas League series 1-1. Go Springfield!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_wra&gid=2007_09_12_spraax_sanaax_1
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#6 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Ludwick almost wins it in the 9th for us, but nope.

The streak continues baby!!!
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by pacerfan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:29 pm

Wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. This losing streak has certainly made things look not so hot.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by mizzoupacers » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:00 pm

We're done. I'm not mad about it. They just don't have anything left. They overcame incredible odds merely to still be in contention this late in the season. You have no business being in a division race when half your everday lineup is out for the season and your pitching rotation is terrible.

We are going to get our brains beaten out of us by the Cubs this weekend. It's really going to suck.
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by pacerfan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:53 am

mizzoupacers wrote:We are going to get our brains beaten out of us by the Cubs this weekend. It's really going to suck.

Unfortunately, it appears you are right as usual. :(

Return to St. Louis Cardinals