bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Phillies @ Cardinals Series Thread 

Post#1 » by bigboy1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:52 pm

Monday Night Game: Kyle Kendrick vs. Brad Thompson

Tuesday Night Game: Cole Hamels vs. TBA

Wednesday Night Game: Jamie Moyer vs. Adam Wainwright

Thoughts: Well, Tuesday is an automatic loss. We should lose tonight also. And we should win Wednesday, unfortunately (I want a better draft pick). Also, please LaRussa I would like to see Wainwright pitches seriously limited now that the season is over, and I also think that Mulder should just be shut back down.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#2 » by mizzoupacers » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:18 pm

I missed last night's game because it was my son's birthday, but sounds like it was a barn-burner! We got down 11-0 and almost came back for the win? Wow.

I'm especially pleased that Pujols picked up a bunch of RBI, I want to see him hit the century mark again.

Even though the games are meaningless now, I'll still be watching whenever I can. I know this team isn't very good, and I know there's some serious retooling to do and it's unlikely we'll emerge as a serious competitor again until at least the 2009 season. But at the risk of sounding like a naive fan-boy, I'll say that there's something about this team that I like. Despite not being very good, they go out and give it their best fight just about every game. I appreciate that.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Phillies @ Cardinals Series Thread 

Post#3 » by mizzoupacers » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:08 pm

bigboy1234 wrote:I also think that Mulder should just be shut back down.

Looks like you're probably going to get your wish.

link

Not good news.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:35 pm

Another fun loss, time to limit Wainwright's pitch count to 80 tonight.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:33 pm

That was some lineup we put out there last night...one legit major-league starter, and he got sick and had to leave early. :rofl:

No, I didn't stay up to watch all 14 innings. I did last through the twelfth.

Of course I will be watching tonight with Wagon Maker on the hill, still have a man-crush on him.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:50 am

Thanks for having Wainwright throw 116 pitches LaRussa. Is it bad that I kind of wanted us to lose last night? I just like to think of a top 5 pick, which I doubt happens but a boy can dream, right?
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:02 pm

I'll take the win. Which would you rather have, a top five pick or Scott Spiezio celebrating by bounding around on the field like a drug-free puppy? :P

Waino was pretty sharp last night; that was fun to watch. But you're right, I hope he doesn't throw 116 pitches again.

Damn I wish I could have been at Busch last night to get me one of those Yadi Bobble-heads. :nod:

Return to St. Louis Cardinals