So Long So

mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

So Long So 

Post#1 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Dec 6, 2007 3:58 pm

link

It's a sad day for Cardinal Nation. Taguchi was fun to have on the team. Not only was his name a hoot, but he is by all appearances a really nice guy, a great teammate, and personally I'll always be grateful to him for going yard against Billy Wagner in Game One of the 2006 NLCS.

Best of luck to you, So, and may you always stay safe from those mo-skee-toes.

Still, it makes perfect sense to let him go. We've got younger, cheaper guys to fill his role, and who knows, we could get a guy in the major-league draft who ends up helping us.

It's probably a good sign that our new front office is willing to make this decision. Gives me slightly more confidence that better days are ahead...at least after we reach the Great Salary Dump that is coming a year from now.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#2 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Dec 6, 2007 5:13 pm

Next, Aaron Miles.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Dec 6, 2007 5:39 pm

And the guy taking So's place is Brian Barton, a great rule 5 pick by the Cards today.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#4 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Dec 6, 2007 5:55 pm

Rule 5 means he's guaranteed a major-league roster spot, doesn't it?

Be afraid, Skip Schumaker, be very afraid.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Dec 6, 2007 6:45 pm

Unless the Cards are going 6 OFs I doubt Skip makes the team out of ST.

Edmonds
Duncan
Ankiel
Ludwick
Barton
Molina
LaRue
Pujols
Spiezio
Kennedy
Izturis
Ryan
Rolen

Skip better hope Edmonds gets traded to the Padres if he wants to play.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Re: So Long So 

Post#6 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Dec 7, 2007 11:23 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:link

It's a sad day for Cardinal Nation. Taguchi was fun to have on the team. Not only was his name a hoot, but he is by all appearances a really nice guy, a great teammate, and personally I'll always be grateful to him for going yard against Billy Wagner in Game One of the 2006 NLCS.

Best of luck to you, So, and may you always stay safe from those mo-skee-toes.

Still, it makes perfect sense to let him go. We've got younger, cheaper guys to fill his role, and who knows, we could get a guy in the major-league draft who ends up helping us.

It's probably a good sign that our new front office is willing to make this decision. Gives me slightly more confidence that better days are ahead...at least after we reach the Great Salary Dump that is coming a year from now.

That's exactly what I texted to all of my Cardinal friends when I found out about this. I have the guys jersey for crying out loud. Along with Pujols and Wainwright. So will definitely be missed!

:(
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi

Return to St. Louis Cardinals