Wait until 20?????

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Wait until 20????? 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:31 pm

The mantra of the rangers. They know they have such stupid fans, me included, that I will still be a fan no matter how far they push me out into my old age. Screw them. This team cannot play defense, hit, or pitch consistently. I am about off the ride.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:24 am

surprisingly id say the pitching has been the best part of the season, particularly the starting pitching, its a shame this team cant hit outside the top 5 or 6 and our "leader" decided to get off to another slow start.

but yes this is probably the dumbest team ive seen, we had bad teams the past 8 years but they never really made dumb mistakes, thats lost us 3 or 4 games this year

i knew coming in this was supposed to be a rebuilding year with about 75 wins but its so hard watching so many dumb mistakes. next year should be closer to .500 (though some may expect us to dramatically improve next year) and then make a big jump in 2010
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by catalyst » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:21 pm

I just did not expect such boneheadedness. Not covering the bag, the errors, poor on base %, not moving runners. Bullpen alwasy a wildcard, and this one is not good getting to the 8th.

We have been told the same thing in 2004. Wait until 2007, Then 2008, then 2010. I am just sick of it. I want good, not necessarily great, baseball. I enjoy listening to it, and going to the games. cannot sit still ong enough to watch on TV unless there is nothing else on. This right now is lousy ball, and it makes me hurt as a fan since the move from Wash. I know this will probably not be the Braves days from when I was there (92-96), but at least give me something to cheer for. I would cheer for youngs growing up, as would many other stupid fans in Arlington.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#4 » by studcrackers » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:19 pm

no one said wait until 2008, that plan went to hell once this team decided to get off to the worst start in franchise history last season

i doubt many people said wait until 2004, the season before we greatly overachieved and didnt make any offseason moves b/c of it. that mightve been the worst thing for this franchise, giving us hope instead of trying to rebuild it.

the problem with the franchise is they cant stick to a plan, they're partly halfassing this rebuilding thing by trying to do it on the fly, but i think that nolan and JD are doing the right thing and at several positions we have stop gaps until a guy like chris davis and eric hurley or saltalamacchia is ready.

but yes this is some of the most frustrated ive ever been with the rangers b/c this is the dumbest team i think ive seen, part of it i think is washingtons fault and i could see him being fired soon. i dont understand how he preaches fundamentals so much defensively yet this is the worst ive ever seen us defensively. plus i always hate how he's sacfrices outs in order to get 1 run instead of going for a big inning, especially when its with one of our better hitters.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by catalyst » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:55 pm

I would be for them if I saw some hope. I see very little. They cannot handle the basics, and that more than anything should piss everyone off. I can understand not knowing the league, or not good enuf yet. I just believe that this rebuild will outlive Washington and Daniels.

Return to Texas Rangers