Trade Deadline

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Trade Deadline 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:08 am

It's approaching and this team can make a serious push at the wild card if a couple moves are made. Any ideas of some trades or players the Rangers should pursue?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: Trade Deadline 

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:54 pm

it is way to early to say with this team, if the bullpen continues to suck they'll fall back or stay at .500. this team's pitching (again mainly the bullpen) and infield defense is its weaknesses and its caused them to not be able to string together a long winning streak (i realize they had an amazing may but they've yet to sweep a team)

just looking at the roster here's who id think about trading:
gerald laird
jarrod saltalamacchia - the only way id trade him though is if we're getting a top of the line starter, thats the only way. but this platoon seems to be working decent, maybe keep both catchers around
frank catalanatto
marlon byrd
hank blalock - the problem with trading blalock is if you trade him now you'll be selling low even though when he's been healthy these past 2 seasons he's been pretty good w/the bat

if we're out of the race id consider shipping off these pitchers:
eddie guardado
joaquin benoit
jamey wright

ive seen some people suggest maybe trading some of these players:
milton bradley
vincente padilla
kevin millwood

now i wouldnt trade any of those players and would try at all costs to resign milton bradley. even though i think both chris davis and max ramirez could probably produce for the rangers right now i love what milton bradley brings to this team. he hits great in our park and is a great OBP guy who provides great protection for josh hamilton so you can't just intentionally walk him. if i thought about trading him id have to be getting a top notch pitching prospect and another good prospect and i dont see that happening.

as for padilla, he mightve been a problem last year but when he's pitching good he's got the best stuff on the team. plus i feel we'll never get the greatest value for him or bradley b/c of there past problems and teams might be turned off by that.

and as for millwood, when trying to build a contender you can't have a rotation of young guys b/c most of the time they're on pitch counts or inning counts. thus they're not allowed to pitch as deep into games as a guy like kevin or padilla, you need that veteran presence. plus by the end of the year if you get rid of a guy like millwood or padilla you'll probably have to find to rotation spots by august b/c i just think scott feldman will be shut down in august b/c he's come up in the rangers system as a reliever and they dont want to abuse his arm.

this team is in a great situation and i think they'll make a big time run at a top of the rotation starter soon, so you could see a guy like chris davis, john mayberry jr., max ramirez, kasey kiker or saltalamacchia on the way out.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Jakespeare
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#3 » by Jakespeare » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:05 pm

I think the Rangers have to deal Millwood. He apparently is miserable, as he has already told CC Sabathia that when he hits the FA market to go where he feels comfortable, not where the money is. The Yankees could give a nice haul for Millwood with Wang going down. Sinkerballers like Milwood always have value.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#4 » by studcrackers » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:32 am

im sorry where did you hear this crap about millwood being miserable
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to Texas Rangers