And1: 41

Ticket Prices up ....AGAIN 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Texas Rangers hike ticket prices
Team says increase in cost is issue of 'supply and demand'
02:33 AM CST on Friday, January 11, 2008

By EVAN GRANT / The Dallas Morning News
egrant@dallasnews.com

For the third consecutive year, it's going to cost more to sit in the most desirable seats at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. It's also going to cost everybody more to see the most attractive opponents. And the Rangers are deeming more and more opponents attractive.

The club announced single-game ticket prices and promotional dates for 2008 on Thursday. Single-game tickets will be available March 7.
Rangers/MLB

While current season ticket holders are still able to renew their seats at 2007 prices, the single-game plan includes increases in seven of the high-end seating areas. Most increases range from $1 to $5. Seats in the air-conditioned Cuervo Club, however, jump from $105 to $125 for regularly-priced games because food and beverage costs will also be covered. Those seats are rarely available, because they are often sold to corporations.

"It's really a supply and demand issue," Rangers vice president for communications Jim Sundberg said. "Most of our seats in the lower bowl inside the dugouts are season ticket holders; what's left, people are willing to pay for those locations."

For "premium pricing" games, seats in the stadium (with the exception of those sold to children 13-and-under in the bleachers, upper reserved and grandstand) will be more expensive. The increase in ticket prices for those games range from $1 over last year's premium-pricing to $23 in the Cuervo Club. Cuervo Club seats for premium games are $134. Most of the increases range from about 10 to 12 percent.

The number of games in which premium-pricing will be in place goes from seven to 12. Last year, premium pricing was in effect against Boston and the New York Yankees. For this season, the home opener, a fireworks show and three games that include pre- or post-game concerts have been added to the list. Premium pricing will affect games against Baltimore (April 8), Houston (May 17, Robert Earl Keen Concert), Philadelphia (June 28, fireworks), Chicago White Sox (July 12, Eli Young Band concert) and Toronto (August 2, Mercy Me concert), in addition to all games vs. Boston and the Yankees.

"This is just a trend in baseball," Sundberg said. "I believe 21 of the 30 clubs are now doing it. Again, it comes down to supply and demand. People are willing to do that for games against the Yankees and Boston and so forth.
Many seats at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington will be more expensive in 2008.
LOUIS DeLUCA / DMN
Many seats at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington will be more expensive in 2008.

"The Rangers are still affordable. Five of the six lower- price seating areas
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,935

Post#2 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:39 am

I wish Cuban would buy them. Cubs are a much better brand though. (I also don't think the owners would let Cuban join their club).
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by catalyst » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:21 pm

I wish David McDavid would buy them. He of car selling fortune. HE was alos in on mavs under Perot. He had the money to buy Hawks, but lost out to local disasterous ownership group that is now in court. I think he would have passion andn ot be as obsessed about a profit, or realize that the profit will follow the winning.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:19 pm

^

David really felt he had the Hawks locked up and within a matter of days his hoped disappeared.

I hate to see ownerships raise the prices, unless it was truly a successful season, but that's far from being the case here.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by catalyst » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I like smoking moneys with Harry Carey Glasses
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:37 pm

catalyst wrote:I like smoking moneys with Harry Carey Glasses