Rocker and Arlington as Ground Zero for Steroids

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Rocker and Arlington as Ground Zero for Steroids 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Seems like every story we hear has some association to steriods involves the Rangers. Maybe they didnt care, or were really treating their team like meat on the hoof. It makes me sad that a scandal which could be bigger than the 1919 White Soxs hits so close to home.

Rocker: 'Selig Knew I Was On Steroids'
12th February, 2008 - 12:31 am
AP - John Rocker claims he flunked a drug test ordered by MLB in 2000 and that he, Alex Rodriguez, and other Rangers were advised by management and union doctors following a spring training lecture on how to effectively use steroids, according to an Associated Press report.

"Bud Selig knew in the year 2000 John Rocker was taking the juice," the former pitcher said Monday on Atlanta radio station 680. [READ]

LINK
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,233

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:42 pm

On the radio show John talked about how Bud Selig only cares about himself and how people view him. That's why he protected the game for so long and obvious his wallet was smiling. He came on the Sports talk show a few days ago, but some of the host have bashed John for being honest, and it's ashame that so many people are wanting this roid thing to be covered up still.

Just on a side note, I saw and nodded to John Rocker last night. I was really busy with work and only passed by him. He was also with a very fine, but thin black woman, and John looks like he's still on the roids. I have not see any updated pictures, but his hair is now down to his shoulders. It was pretty interesting running into him.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#3 » by studcrackers » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:14 am

john likes black women? that surprises me

i thought john came off ok when i heard him earlier in the week til he said bud selig shouldnt live and should kill himself, just ridiculous
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:14 am

While he does say many ridiculous things, he comes from a well educated family, and his family also housed Andruw Jones during some of his time with Atlanta. AJ was very close to Rocker and his parents.

Not trying to take up for John, because I could careless about the man, I just find myself mentioning useless information.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#5 » by studcrackers » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:25 am

i like his honesty, but he's probably a guy thats best served keeping his mouth shut b/c of that new york fiasco and saying how the commish should off himself

btw do you work at a sports radio station? if so id like to discuss some things b/c thats what i want to get involved in
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by catalyst » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Rocker cannot help himself when a microphone is in front of him. He says stupid things now, and has for a long time. He just dumped a drum of kerosene on the fire with his comments, and hoping for someone's death just makes it all that worse. Remember the Breadwinner's comments?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:58 am

studcrackers wrote:i like his honesty, but he's probably a guy thats best served keeping his mouth shut b/c of that new york fiasco and saying how the commish should off himself

btw do you work at a sports radio station? if so id like to discuss some things b/c thats what i want to get involved in

Sorry, I can't provide you with any information that concerns the sports radio show world, as the only thing sports related I'm afflicted with is the TNT Studio..
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by catalyst » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Stud:
If you are in Dallas, go be one of Bob and Dan's interns. They have thousands. That has led to many jobs, including major league pitcher for one.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Intern duties can last over a year, right?

Stud, I hope you get a door that opens for you.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by catalyst » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:36 pm

You wont get paid, but it has led to jobs if you get after collecting tape and interviewing. It is the sacrifice you have to make to get into a field that everyone wants to get into.

Return to Texas Rangers