Bacsik Suggestions

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Bacsik Suggestions 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Yesterday Mike Bacsik, Nationals Pitcher, was the +1 on the Hardline. He had some ideas with some merit.

Kinsler to LF. Great bat, horrible field. Rhyns suggested that Young might not be back with his huge contract and jaded history. That could then go with Metcalf fielding and hitting .260 in a platoon. Could the rangers in the field go with this in 09 with Andrus taking over in 10?

1st - Davis
2nd Arias
3rd Metcalf
SS Vazquez
LF - Kinsler
CF - Hamilton
RF - Murphy

Pitching is another matter, and Bacsik said that if a pitcher is used to pitching 100 pitches. You cannot just turn to 125 or 130, making this issue harder. He did say that the D can get better faster than the P.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: Bacsik Suggestions 

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:33 pm

that lineup sucks, btw just b/c kinsler makes tons of errors doesnt mean he's bad defensively, he gets to as many baseballs as any 2nd baseman in the league which makes him a lot more valuable defensively then a guy like young who doesnt make as many errors but cant get to as many balls either.

i guess bascik didnt comment on the catcher situation either, here's probably the lineup id go with:

1st - davis
2nd - kinsler
3rd - metcalf
SS - Young - dont know who he thinks we could get in a trade for him, plus he has a no trade clause
LF - Hamilton - i dont think this team wants him to play CF that much
CF - byrd
RF - cruz
C - im guessing teagarden is the starting catcher opening day next year, his bat has surprised me and he's the best defensive catcher we have but i think it will eventually be a mistake to trade saltalamacchia's bat (unless we get a good pitcher back)

id probably look to trade murphy next year b/c i think this past month cruz has proven he's for real and he's got more power and better defensively then murphy, plus murphy has more trade value then brandon boggs.

plus i think by 2010 at the latest and probably mid 2009 julio borbon will come up and he will split time with marlon byrd, about any way u look at it murphy is the odd man out, especially with us controlling what could be nelson cruz's prime years.

if we dont hang onto vazquez duran will be our utility guy next year, and i dont know what this club will do with hank and im guessing we wont resign bradley (though i would)

hank has had a great september so i'll guess we'll pick up his option and either explore trading him this offseason or he'll be our dh next year, i dont know if his arm will allow him to play 3rd base again.

and finally what is this +1 thing, is this where they're trying to find a greggo replacement like they've done with doyle or was danny or corby out?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by catalyst » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:42 pm

+1 is guest hosts. I think there will not be a replacement. He has a sat show now, and he was just being taken out for a test drive. He was OK, but this was the insight that I heard.

They did not discuss C. I have the same thought about Cruz and Teagarden. They have to prove it over a longer haul than a month. Cruz especially. This has to be his last shot. There are options with Teagarden, but I think that Laird is gone, perhaps NY.

I like OF options. Much deeper than the start of the season.

His point on kinsler was that he made 18 errors in his 121 games. HE also pointed out that 2nd base avg errors per season was 9. I think that sounds low. Also, Kinsler made a great many errors in April. He did not want to lose the bat. I hate moving infielders out. Not my fav move.

His thought on Young was to be a 2nd baseman on a contender. He would wave for that. He just saw the cynicism from the Teixiera days, and the albatross contract.

Interesting ideas, and he also had a thought on signing a closer from Wash who was hurt and will be non tendered. I did not catch the name. he also had no love for Jim Bowden.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by studcrackers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 pm

he has no love for jim bowden b/c bowden's a moron, the guy you're thinking of is chad cordero, i have no idea if he'll be ready by next season but he is still young

id probably buy that the average 2nd baseman # of errors is 9, doesnt sound low, SS normally make a ton more errors then 2nd baseman but yea kinsler has amazing value partly b/c he plays at a position that normally doesnt have much offensive prowess, statistically he's a top 3 2nd baseman and he'd be the last guy on the big league roster id trade (yes id keep him over hamilton)

given the choice i probably would trade young and i love young, but yes i thought we grossly overpaid him at the time. we'd probably have to take pay a giant chunk of his salary to complete the trade though. i respect the hell outta young though. he was beaten up this year and has dealt with several lingering injuries. i expect him to hit over .300 next year and another 200 hit season

and of course this is cruz's last shot, and he's proven to me that he's for real this time, he had shown plate discipline in AAA before but had never brought that to the big leagues, now he's got 16 walks to 23 k's, whereas last year he had only 21 walks to 87 k's.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by catalyst » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 pm

I can live with the chance. I would rather give him a chance then to appoint someone to the position. Just got to the BAD/HLmix, and Bacsik is back today. The next discussion for us should be what the Pitching staff is next year. Thread will be up soon.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

i listened to some today i liked bacsik, didnt hear them talk about the rangers though
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Post#7 » by cmavswin » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:52 pm

Truthfully I would like to see Cruz,Kinsler and one of the catchers traded for a starter and a reliever. However since I doubt that will happen Kinsler as a part time DH makes since to me. The guy now has had 2 major injuries in the past 2 years and maybe playing 70 to 80 games at DH would keep his bat in the lineup more often.

C- Salty
1B- Davis
2B-Kinsler/Arrias
3B- Metcalf/Duran/Vazquez/FA
SS-Young
LF-Murphy
CF-Byrd
RF-Cruz/Boggs
DH-Kinsler/Blalock

I just hope Daniels does not give away anyone like he has in the past.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by studcrackers » Sat Nov 8, 2008 8:43 pm

kinsler has had freak/unlucky injuries, nothing lingering that should cause concern, u would be dumb to trade kinsler, he's our best player

and cruz proved enough to me that he's for real now, id look to trade murphy

Return to Texas Rangers