Sheets and/or Johnson

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Sheets and/or Johnson 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:29 pm

When are Sheets and Randy getting signed?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: Just Wondering 

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:50 pm

it depends, the way the teams speaking about there money we'll have to trade milwood or padilla to get either one of them (which i think everyone's on board with)

johnson had a very good 2nd half last year but id hate for him to get in the way of developing pitchers, but sheets i thought was a pipe dream before the off season but teams are stepping away from his injury issues but when he's healthy he's arguably a top 10 pitcher in the league so that overthrows his injury risk. plus the positive thing is, no one seems to be want to offer him over 3 years and it seems like the best he may get is a 2 year deal w/a 3rd year option (and yet aj burnett gets a 5 year deal w/just as much injury risk)

id say the longer sheets remains unsigned the less likely it gets he signs w/us but i really like our chances right now, hopefully he'll sign within the next 2 weeks, daniels has made a move near christmas time each of the past 2 years
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Post#3 » by cmavswin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm

Depends on when someone other than the Rangers wants to sign them. I am not holding out hope that Tom "cheap because my soccer team is failing" Hicks will sign either one.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#4 » by catalyst » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:35 am

Had a thought about Sheets the other day. Does anyone have any update on the guy and if he would be a part of things next year?

Return to Texas Rangers