ImageImageImageImageImage

Blue Jays Trade Rumors 2014(waiver trade deadline August 31)

Moderator: JaysRule15

What do the Jays need at trade deadlines?

Starting Pitcher
45%
2nd baseman
39%
Relief pitcher
16%

Total votes: 67

Tyrone Slothrop
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,203

Re: Blue Jays Trade Rumors (non-waiver trade deadline July 3 

Post#1681 » by Tyrone Slothrop » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:30 pm

TR50 wrote:No more Jays games for me.

**** Rogers

Yeah, **** this team that's headed toward their first playoff appearance in 21 years. I refuse to enjoy the first relevant August and September this team has had in years because of hypothetical trades that they didn't make!!!!
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#1682 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Santoki wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Santoki wrote:LOL at anyone believing the "we absolutely had the financial ability to add payroll" line. Good luck at your next job , Alex. You've been a loyal soldier and that will be remembered come reference time during interviews.

He can't exactly throw ownership under the bus now, can he?

Sure he could but he's smarter than that. Hence the "loyal soldier" compliment. Someone like him will find work. I think he's a smart guy and is learning a lot on his first job. Hopefully he doesn't end up like JP and can go out on a good note and get another GM position with an owner that won't pull the rug out from under him after he's pretty much done what's been asked of him until this point.

And I say this as someone that's not always his biggest fan. But, at this point, it's getting a bit ridiculous how micro-managed and handcuffed he is and is always going to be the one who takes the fall. Everyone else in baseball knows it too and they'll hold him hostage for it.

JP having no filter and pinning some blame on ownership in the aftermath of his run didn't help his career much. AA seems to have learned from that example. It's why you can never blame him for constantly BS'ing the fans, he has no real choice.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#1683 » by BramptonYute » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 pm

JP will offer AA a job no doubt about it.
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#1684 » by TR50 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:

**** Rogers

Yeah, **** this team that's headed toward their first playoff appearance in 21 years. I refuse to enjoy the first relevant August and September this team has had in years because of hypothetical trades that they didn't make!!!!

I've gone to a whole lot of games this season and in years past. I still have tickets for the Orioles series (which I will use), the Detroit series, the Red Sox series and again the end of the season. I'll be going to all of those plus playoff games if possible.

It's after that, next year, where I don't want to waste my money on a team that is run by pathetic losers. My gripe is far from the actual Toronto Blue Jays, but with Rogers. If you want to fault me for that, by all means, go ahead.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,627

Post#1685 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:49 pm

TR50 wrote:
Tyrone Slothrop wrote:

**** Rogers

I've gone to a whole lot of games this season and in years past. I still have tickets for the Orioles series (which I will use), the Detroit series, the Red Sox series and again the end of the season. I'll be going to all of those plus playoff games if possible.

It's after that, next year, where I don't want to waste my money on a team that is run by pathetic losers. My gripe is far from the actual Toronto Blue Jays, but with Rogers. If you want to fault me for that, by all means, go ahead.

I think we all know you'll end up watching, just like the rest of us saps.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#1686 » by Schad » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:

**** Rogers

Yeah, this. While I'm perpetually baffled and annoyed by Rogers, I plan to save most of my good bitching until after the season ends/we collapse, because we're in a goddamned pennant race heading into August.
**** your asterisk.
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#1687 » by TR50 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
TR50 wrote:
Tyrone Slothrop wrote:

I think we all know you'll end up watching, just like the rest of us saps.

Only from the comfort of my home :wink:

Maybe more...we'll see.
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#1688 » by rarefind » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 pm

omfg now they are blaming our lack of organizational depth? stop reaching, you're embarrassing yourselves to save your bacon.
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#1689 » by Santoki » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:00 am

rarefind wrote:omfg now they are blaming our lack of organizational depth? stop reaching, you're embarrassing yourselves to save your bacon.

The lack of organizational depth that was traded away after a sub 75-win season? Onus falls back on AA no matter how you spin it if nobody wants to come out and say what they're thinking. The only way AA saves his job is if they get into the playoffs. I'm not even sure the 2nd wildcard will save him.
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#1690 » by rarefind » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:07 am

Teams not interested in Jays' minor league players a couple of weeks after Deck Mcguire gets traded to the A's for cash.

lol.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#1691 » by Mehar » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:52 am

Santoki wrote:
rarefind wrote:omfg now they are blaming our lack of organizational depth? stop reaching, you're embarrassing yourselves to save your bacon.

The lack of organizational depth that was traded away after a sub 75-win season? Onus falls back on AA no matter how you spin it if nobody wants to come out and say what they're thinking. The only way AA saves his job is if they get into the playoffs. I'm not even sure the 2nd wildcard will save him.

I was not asking for Price or Lester, but seeing a guy like Martin Prado go to the Yankees for a prospect did tick me off. Then i realized he is going to make 11 M the next two years, and i understand why. It is obvious Rogers would not pony up extra dough. Ticks me off after 21 pathetic years, we are in a playoff spot, and Prado would have been a guy to shore up the infield. I guess our additions will be in Edwin, Lawrie and Lind.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#1692 » by dagger » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:16 am

Sure, we would have had to give up a lot in some mediocre deals - if you want to send back crap to make the money match.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#1693 » by Schad » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:06 am

This is the best thing to come out of the trade deadline. That Byrd-to-the-Yanks thing? It came because Jim Bowden tried to poach a scoop from Joel Sherman...except that it was a fake account he was stealing from:

http://deadspin.com/jim-bowden-caught-s ... 1614081824
**** your asterisk.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#1694 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:13 am

Schadenfreude wrote:This is the best thing to come out of the trade deadline. That Byrd-to-the-Yanks thing? It came because Jim Bowden tried to poach a scoop from Joel Sherman...except that it was a fake account he was stealing from:

http://deadspin.com/jim-bowden-caught-s ... 1614081824

Ralph.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Raider917
Veteran
And1: 767

Re: Blue Jays Trade Rumors 2014(waiver trade deadline August 

Post#1695 » by Raider917 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 9:22 pm

im really not that upset about the jays not being active yesterday. trading away stroman or sanchez (or both) for a lester or price seems counter productive to me. the jays would still have as soft rotation without stroman. i would like to see a starter added but it can still happen this month.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays