ImageImageImageImageImage

Twins (22-15) @ Blue Jays (17-20) May 10 - 12

Moderator: JaysRule15

s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Re: Twins (22-15) @ Blue Jays (17-20) May 10 - 12 

Post#141 » by s e n s i » Mon May 13, 2024 12:48 am

ah, right, it was "pre-planned" by the nerds to revert back to the same lineup that gives you some of the worst offensive output in the league despite scoring 10 runs on 15 hits the night prior with a different, more optimal lineup.

yeah, baseball, but also, how many games are we going to piss away here exactly?
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#142 » by C Court » Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 am

I feel better knowing the Jays front office and analytics staff are the smartest guys in the room.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#143 » by linery88 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 am

Schneider took Santanas hr personally saying he wants Santana outta here :lol:
Walking him or pitching around him never occurred to him :lol:
Guess it was pre-determined that they pitch to him no matter what :lol:
Maybe someday they will go back to the lineup that scored 10 runs :nonono:
Blair/Barker show has to be all over this now.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#144 » by hyper316 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:51 am

I have been following Boxscore and haven't watched a game for a while, I don't plan to unless Schneider gets fired

The amount questionable lineup changes (freezing out Davis, Varsho in 2 hole after 1 hot week, Springer and Bo hitting like crap) , pitching changes (Swanson is done)
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#145 » by linery88 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:41 am

hyper316 wrote:I have been following Boxscore and haven't watched a game for a while, I don't plan to unless Schneider gets fired

The amount questionable lineup changes (freezing out Davis, Varsho in 2 hole after 1 hot week, Springer and Bo hitting like crap) , pitching changes (Swanson is done)

Most mlb teams,would have fired their Mgr,and hitting coach after what happened last season.
The question is what are Shatkins doing here?
They could have fired both mgr/hc,and replaced them.Who fired Montoya...them.Guess it would look bad if they had to fire another mgr on their watch.They lost 9 of 11 games at the time Montoya was fired,but were still in the 2nd WC spot,so it was another pre-determined move,figuring Montoya would continue to lose.Bo Bichette was not a fan of Montoya,as he said it was a good move at the time,and got no criticism.
https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/article-baseball-daily-dose-blue-jays-move-fire-charlie-montoyo
They need to fire them all,and hire a gm/mgr who has won,and ante up while they still have Bo/Vlad,and this staff.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,299

Post#146 » by Mehar » Mon May 13, 2024 3:19 am

PowerPlant1 wrote:Vogelbach shouldn't even be on this team. He was theoretically not the worst acquistion in the world but he has performed awfully and management proceeds at the pace of an ice age to get rid of him.

Horwitz who did well last year and is crushing it in triple A should be the obvious replacement.

As for Springer at lead off on a day when Vogelbach and Kirk are in the lineup, what can I say that hasn't already been said?

Kirk has been atrocious offensively this year. Another hitless game, and now hitting .197 with an OPS of .560. I understand you want him Catching Manoah, but to not have Jansen as DH with the way he has been hitting was beyond incompetent for this joke organization.

Vogelbach is totally useless and has been a below average hitter since 2016; and it is laughable that he is taking up a roster spot with his .097 Batting Average (3 for 31 in 15 Games). Either Horwitz or Martinez should be called up to replace him. The only thing Vogelbach and Kirk are probably good at right now, is finishing all their plates at every All You Can Eat Buffet Restaurants they regularly visit.

Varsho hitting Second in the lineup with how terrible he has been outside of his very good one week in April, is another head scratcher. Varsho and his underwhelming .215 Batting Average should be in the bottom of the order. Guy has no plate discipline, chases bad pitches, and had another awful game at the plate (0 for 4, 3 Strikeouts). His cheerleaders got excited with his one hot week in April (just like his one hot week in April 2023); forgetting that he is what he has always been- a below average hitter who strikes out a lot. Absolutely ridiculous that he is hitting Second.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#147 » by DelAbbot » Mon May 13, 2024 4:27 am

our expected record is 15-25
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,682

Post#148 » by johanliebert » Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am

Clements error should have drawn more criticism. Playing musical chairs doesnt matter if the guys they expected to produce havent. Whining about springer doesnt matter at this point.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,682

Post#149 » by johanliebert » Mon May 13, 2024 10:30 am

linery88 wrote:Even when they scored 20 runs against TB last season,they had to change the lineup lol.
The Toronto(we make changes no matter how good we do)Blue Jays.
So its like the Jays are not allowed to have the same lineup that works for 2 consecutive games or more ?
Its like this has been mandated or something :banghead:

Thats how the game is now. There is no consistency to lineups or spots in the order. Yet fans still dont get the hint that its not Schneider’s decision.

How do you call out Gibby, monotoyo and now JS and still not realize who runs the show. Managers are glorified babysitters.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,781

Post#150 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 13, 2024 11:05 am

johanliebert wrote:
linery88 wrote:Even when they scored 20 runs against TB last season,they had to change the lineup lol.
So its like the Jays are not allowed to have the same lineup that works for 2 consecutive games or more ?

Thats how the game is now. There is no consistency to lineups or spots in the order. Yet fans still dont get the hint that its not Schneider’s decision.

How do you call out Gibby, monotoyo and now JS and still not realize who runs the show. Managers are glorified babysitters.

No one called out Gibby.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
GameChannel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,099

Post#151 » by GameChannel » Mon May 13, 2024 8:15 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

No one called out Gibby.

No one called out Gibby because he knew to stick with the hot hand. He got let go because he refused to bow to Atkins and his army of Nerds.
PowerPlant1
Junior
And1: 189

Post#152 » by PowerPlant1 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

Mehar wrote:
PowerPlant1 wrote:Vogelbach shouldn't even be on this team. He was theoretically not the worst acquistion in the world but he has performed awfully and management proceeds at the pace of an ice age to get rid of him.

Horwitz who did well last year and is crushing it in triple A should be the obvious replacement.

As for Springer at lead off on a day when Vogelbach and Kirk are in the lineup, what can I say that hasn't already been said?

Kirk has been atrocious offensively this year. Another hitless game, and now hitting .197 with an OPS of .560. I understand you want him Catching Manoah, but to not have Jansen as DH with the way he has been hitting was beyond incompetent for this joke organization.

Vogelbach is totally useless and has been a below average hitter since 2016; and it is laughable that he is taking up a roster spot with his .097 Batting Average (3 for 31 in 15 Games). Either Horwitz or Martinez should be called up to replace him. The only thing Vogelbach and Kirk are probably good at right now, is finishing all their plates at every All You Can Eat Buffet Restaurants they regularly visit.

Varsho hitting Second in the lineup with how terrible he has been outside of his very good one week in April, is another head scratcher. Varsho and his underwhelming .215 Batting Average should be in the bottom of the order. Guy has no plate discipline, chases bad pitches, and had another awful game at the plate (0 for 4, 3 Strikeouts). His cheerleaders got excited with his one hot week in April (just like his one hot week in April 2023); forgetting that he is what he has always been- a below average hitter who strikes out a lot. Absolutely ridiculous that he is hitting Second.

Yes to Horwitz.

Heck, even I was excited for Varsho's hot streak. He still may improve from last season and there is no telling how much but yeah, hitting him 2nd is an act of desperation and just more of an indication of what kind of losers we have running the show.

I don't care that much about Vogelbach and Kirk's weight. If they were hitting well, they could quote on quote feast on opposing pitching for all I care. Their playing time would be a head scratcher if this wasn't Shapiro, Atkins and JS.

The team is run by a bunch of laughable decision makers. And some posters on this board who do make sophisticated arguments aren't that far off. Randle was a continuously big backer of Vogelbach and even as he continued to hit poorly, still proposed that Vogelbach and Kirk represent the Jay's best offensive lineup.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,458

Post#153 » by Ranger One » Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 pm

Looks like Jansen and Turner are dead as we are getting back to back days of Kirk and Vogelfat.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Post#154 » by Hottie McShotty » Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

Why is Jansen not catching? or at minimum DHing???

Something is really rotten with this core. Get rid of this FO and blow it up already. The fans have had enough!
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,458

Post#155 » by Ranger One » Mon May 13, 2024 9:05 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:Why is Jansen not catching? or at minimum DHing???

Something is really rotten with this core. Get rid of this FO and blow it up already. The fans have had enough!

Pretty sure he's sick. Along with Turner and Springer and KK. I heard some kind of bug is going around the clubhouse right now. Even Schneider isn't stupid enough to sit Jansen willingly for two games straight in favour of Vogelbach.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#156 » by C Court » Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 pm

That bug could be the latest covid strain. I caught it 10 days ago and now my wife has it. My daughter is a nurse and its all over her hospital. Very contagious and then gone in 5-6 days.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,592

Post#157 » by bluerap23 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Ranger One wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
Ranger One wrote:
I dont follow social media. What happened with Drake and Kendrick?

I guess you don't follow any media and never heard of google

Nah, was just waiting for a passive aggressive a-hole like yourself to come out of his moms basement to remind me.

How was that passive?

Return to Toronto Blue Jays